Bloodborne

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I would play a Bloodborne sequel if it ends with the world burning because I still stand by the opinion that Bloodborne is the painting in Dark Souls 3: The Ringed City.

--stoned posting--
Dark Souls is also my second favourite post-apocalyptic game series, first being Fallout. (The apocalypse was that they defeated Death and achieved true immortality for every living thing in their Universe. Nothing truly dies unless all it's organic material is completely incinerated, even the food they eat, digest, and shit back out. The "dead" in the dark souls universe are just mutilated and rotted remains still retaining some cellular life, or "souls", with the remaining organic matter that believes it is "dead" while still very clearly "alive". That is my theory and I am sticking with it)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I would play a Bloodborne sequel if it ends with the world burning because I still stand by the opinion that Bloodborne is the painting in Dark Souls 3: The Ringed City.

--stoned posting--
Dark Souls is also my second favourite post-apocalyptic game series, first being Fallout. (The apocalypse was that they defeated Death and achieved true immortality for every living thing in their Universe. Nothing truly dies unless all it's organic material is completely incinerated, even the food they eat, digest, and shit back out. The "dead" in the dark souls universe are just mutilated and rotted remains still retaining some cellular life, or "souls", with the remaining organic matter that believes it is "dead" while still very clearly "alive". That is my theory and I am sticking with it)

Sort of.

The state of the Dark Souls universe is a byproduct of Gwyn refusing to let the age of fire end and the age of dark to begin. The being unable to die is only for those that carry the dark sign and is considered a curse. Still sort of post-apocalyptic due to everything being in a state of extreme decay due to being way past its shelf life

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

--stoned posting--

When I was replaying Souls 1 recently I noticed that the Kiln of the First Flame is sorta shaped like a giant multi-layered crater (like the kind produced by a nuclear explosion) and it got me wondering if this was a post-post apocalyptic world where everything got nuked and they built the giant ringed city type deal (the Kiln) at the site of one of the explosions.

...which is probably not what they were going for at all and easily-debunked, but it was an interesting thought process to have.

I feel like if they had the gumption to make a sequel to Bloodborne, they would have tried some DLC for Demon's Souls just to test the waters. I personally hope they are doing another remake. From should be the one doing the sequel. It's their vision, not Bluepoint's.

I was really disappointed that the Demon's Souls Remake didn't seize the opportunity to include the 6th Archstone as DLC. Have it be a totally optional extra world, wouldn't interfere with the balance of the main game. Two areas (snowy wilderness, ice castle), 3 bosses. Would give us an idea of Bluepoint's creative chops.

I'd like to see the 6th Archstone finally exist almost as much as I'd like to see a Bloodborne sequel or remaster, at this point. Maybe more, depending on the day. It really bugs me that it doesn't exist, especially since you see the snowy areas during the game's intro alongside the other areas.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
A Bloodborne remake would sell for a $599.00, not that they have a problem selling consoles. If somebody says screw ps5 this generation, I could see somebody paying for a ps5 just for BB2. Still can't find a ps5, I even did stock x and order a disc version and got this. Thank God, I didn't want digital at all.
So they didn't put up a fight taking it back.

16444496810671674898932348266517.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if the Bloodborne remake (if it exists) will be a Bluepoint remake like Demons' Souls or if it'll be a straight-up remaster like Dark Souls Remastered. Or something in-between like Scholar of the First Sin. The remakes of those first 3 games wildly vary in quality IMO. The Demon remake absolutely blew me away with its gorgeousness, detail, and light effects. Probably the most advanced-looking game I've ever played on console. Scholar of the First Sin was pretty cool too, and while it didn't blow me away, it was a major upgrade in all respects. Then there's Dark Souls Remastered, which was just kind of...eh? At least the framerate was better, but it didn't feel like it was 60 most of the time. Just felt low-effort as far as remasters go. Bloodborne being a basic port with 60 FPS and a little bit higher resolution would be cool, for sure, and I'd get/play it again, but a full-on Bluepoint remake would be incredible and a system seller.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
It at least needs a 60 fps update on PS5. Shit, PS4 Pro could have probably done 60 fps on it.

Maximillian Dood talked about this a while back. He said that the "rumours" were (and he does have some connections)
- It's a 100% guarantee that Sony is working on "something" Bloodborne
- News are being held back due to Elden Ring to not drown out in the hype
- It's nearly for certain that BluePoint are the ones doing it
- It is either a "remake" of Bloodborne in the style of Demons Souls or a remaster of Bloodborne done "quick" with 4k textures and 60fps, but with Bloodborne 2 coming as well.

He also said that Bloodborne doesn't "need" a remake, which I think most of us agree with. But it does need a re-release as a remaster which also will be on PC. Then follow up that with Bloodborne 2 as a new game with the graphical fidelity of Demons Souls. This will be exclusive to the PS5 for a long time.

All that makes perfect sense and also fits with BluePoint saying they are working on something "new", but not necessarily a new IP. Bloodborne 2 would certainly be a system seller, even more so if people who never played the original due to not having a PS4 got a taste of the original on PC.

Odds are high we will hear something about it once the spring gaming shows start like the summer game fest. Wouldn't be surprised if a remaster is released not long after the announcement that it is coming, even if we haven't heard about it yet. If Bloodborne 2 is being made, I'd put that earliest in late 2023, but most likely sometime in 2024, maybe even 25. Undoubtedly they'd get some form of collaboration with From Software from it, but not until after Elden Ring. For that matter, part of their dev team might already be a part of making it since they went gold months ago.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Demons Souls remake was phenomenal. I would welcome a similar Bloodborne remake/remaster. That said, my brain is all Elden Ring right now!

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I can see a BB remake coming out pretty quickly after ER and a sequel would be amazing, I'd think it has at least been started in some form or another.

A PS5 exclusive sequel to Bloodborne would be phenomenal if Demons Souls Remake is any indication, I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Who would have thought that the makers of those odd Armored Core games (which had great soundtracks btw) would in 2021 be the belle of the ball in the world of game development.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'd like to see the 6th Archstone finally exist almost as much as I'd like to see a Bloodborne sequel or remaster, at this point. Maybe more, depending on the day. It really bugs me that it doesn't exist, especially since you see the snowy areas during the game's intro alongside the other areas.
I’ve heard a couple different places that From doesn’t get rid of cut content but brings it forward into future projects. Supposedly we got what would have been the 6th arch stone area in DS2’s Crown of the Ivory King DLC.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I’ve heard a couple different places that From doesn’t get rid of cut content but brings it forward into future projects. Supposedly we got what would have been the 6th arch stone area in DS2’s Crown of the Ivory King DLC.

I'll pay much closer attention to that DLC the next time I play Souls 2...if there is a next time. Had no idea about it the one time I did it. Hadn't even played Demon yet actually.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

I know they did that with painted world and a bloodborne level is in DSR

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I must have 24 fps brain. Bloodborne looks perfect on my ps5

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Any examples of this? That's awesome.

EQ's devs have done that a bunch of times with things like Plane of War, reused cancelled zones in later expacs.

Demons' 6th Archstone ---> Dark 2's snow DLC

Dark 1's DLC was obviously designed specifically for that game.

Bloodborne's optional area Cainhurst felt like it might have been created for a Dark game first.

Maybe all three Dark games were supposed to have two DLCs, Dark 2 got a third one because they repackaged the 6th Archstone, and Dark 1's other DLC would have been Cainhurst Castle. I dunno, just spitballing.

I know they did that with painted world and a bloodborne level is in DSR

What Bloodborne level is in DSR?

And where was Painted World originally supposed to be? It actually would have fit pretty well in Demons' cancelled snow area. Maybe the 6th Archstone got repurposed into both Painted World AND Crown of the Ivory King.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Any examples of this? That's awesome.

EQ's devs have done that a bunch of times with things like Plane of War, reused cancelled zones in later expacs.

Demons' 6th Archstone ---> Dark 2's snow DLC

Dark 1's DLC was obviously designed specifically for that game.

Bloodborne's optional area Cainhurst felt like it might have been created for a Dark game first.

Maybe all three Dark games were supposed to have two DLCs, Dark 2 got a third one because they repackaged the 6th Archstone, and Dark 1's other DLC would have been Cainhurst Castle. I dunno, just spitballing.

What Bloodborne level is in DSR?

And where was Painted World originally supposed to be? It actually would have fit pretty well in Demons' cancelled snow area. Maybe the 6th Archstone got repurposed into both Painted World AND Crown of the Ivory King.
I may have it backwards and painted world was 6th arch stone and ivory king was from DS1. It’s been a while. I’ll see if I can find a vid.