Bloodborne

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I thought the problem was always it was published by atlus and not bando

I think I one or two-shot logarius, I heard he was really hard but for whatever reason I just destroyed him. Same thing with Erebritas or whatever.

Gehrman on the other hand... well over 50 attempts.
Lol, Ebrietas was the same for me. I just hacked away at her ass and only got hit once or twice. Easiest fight by far for me

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Logarius was hard for me too, like 20 attempts or so. 2 attempts on Gehrman and one shot the secret end boss heh.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Ebrietas was probably the most frustrating boss I fought in BB outside of chalice runs. Died enough to it that my wife started to recognize the fight and laugh at every death.

Needless

Toe Sucker
First playthrough i think the most difficult i had against a boss was probably Ebrietas and Logarius and Gehrman as well. I was a shitter at parrying so Gman took me like 5 or 7ish tries iirc.

Second playthrough as a skill character with BoM i just straight destroyed all 3 first shot
frown.png
by then the DLC was out, had way more trouble with Orphan than any other boss by far

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
First playthrough i think the most difficult i had against a boss was probably Ebrietas and Logarius and Gehrman as well. I was a shitter at parrying so Gman took me like 5 or 7ish tries iirc.

Second playthrough as a skill character with BoM i just straight destroyed all 3 first shot
frown.png
by then the DLC was out, had way more trouble with Orphan than any other boss by far
Starting the dlc when I get home at like level 35. I'm not great at the game so I have a feeling I'll need to level some

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only boss I gave up on was the second Abhorrent Beast you fight in a small Chalice dungeon room. Sucked.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Yeah, 60 is probably a good starting level in DLC.
I could work with the moveset of that whip-brandishing hunter (first mob you face), but it just wasn't worth it when a mistake cost me literally 90% of my life and two blood vials, especially since half a dozen swipes with my Hunter's Axe (two-handed, no less) took somewhere between a quarter and a third of his life.

Oh well, there's some vanilla progression that I need to do anyway. Hemwick gives you the ability to equip runes iirc, so that's definitely next. Or maybe some Gaol for twin shards

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Just began this, finally. Is there a certain point you have to reach before you can level up? I seem to only be able to spend echoes on items thus far. Sorry, hadn't really read this thread much to avoid spoilers, I'm sure it's been asked/answered plenty.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
You need at least 1 insight (rough analogue to humanity from Dks1) to enable leveling in Hunter's Dream. If you get a madman's knowledge, use it, but I think most people unlock it by engaging the Cleric Beast on the bridge. Starting a fight with any boss (I think?) gives you an insight.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Gotcha, thanks! This game is pretty. And the big dude with the cleaver thing raped me three times. I shall have my revenge!

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Gotten back in to BB a bit, never really got very far. The fights against npc hunters are such a pain in the dick, getting shit stomped by a guy that just kick flips away and shoots me all day.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Need to learn how to dodge their bullets man. Really the only effective way to kill other hunters is to parry them imo. Getting into a slashing battle is a recipe to slip and get combo'd the fuck out. Parrying is just so strong in this game.

Juice_sl

shitlord
When BB came out and I beat it my thought was, "Whelp... I'm done here" and had no desire to play it on NG+ because of the lack of build diversity and the uselessness of arcane (and to some extent bloodtinge, except in pvp). This compared to DeS DkS1 and DkS2 that I played through multiple times... Does the DLC for Bloodborne fix this or not really/not enough?

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
99 glass cannon arcane builds are insane. You can stun lock/parry most humanoid bosses with the Auger and three shot most defiled chalice bosses with Call Beyond. Just stack runes that give more blood vials and turn them into bullets. Bloodtinge has some interesting weapons for it now especially in PvP. The one you get near the end of the DLC has a crazy L2 where you AoE inflict frenzy on everyone nearby including yourself. There is also a bow, new cannon and minigun that scale off bloodtinge but I never played with them too much.

I haven't gotten my plat theme yet either and I got plat back in June. Half tempted to email them on it.