Bloodborne

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I just got this on June sale along with the DLC. Picked cruel fate as his background. Will be getting to it after finishing up with the infamous Dark Alliance.

IMG_20210629_124232388_PORTRAIT.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

This video was pretty tremendous. I could necro the Souls thread and drop it there, but I think it's fine here too.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I just got this on June sale along with the DLC. Picked cruel fate as his background. Will be getting to it after finishing up with the infamous Dark Alliance.

IMG_20210629_124232388_PORTRAIT.jpg
My favorite Soulsborne game and one of my top 5 games of all time. Hope you love it.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
That my lil dude in Bloodborne. I killed the wolf thing and some zombies with him when I had a short break. Definitely a souls game and so far not a weeb fest (yet) as advertised.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That my lil dude in Bloodborne. I killed the wolf thing and some zombies with him when I had a short break. Definitely a souls game and so far not a weeb fest (yet) as advertised.
BB isn’t a weeb fest. Are you thinking of Code Vein? That’s a souls game weeb fest.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
BB isn’t a weeb fest. Are you thinking of Code Vein? That’s a souls game weeb fest.

Maybe it was Nioh. The level up person is borderline but that's about it so far.

The second boss, if I'm doing it in the right order, was very good. Took me 3 tries as a souls sicko so this one's off to a good start.

Not crazy about this flamesprayer thing blowing thru quicksilver bullets but I really like this take on the parry system.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Maybe it was Nioh. The level up person is borderline but that's about it so far.

The second boss, if I'm doing it in the right order, was very good. Took me 3 tries as a souls sicko so this one's off to a good start.

Not crazy about this flamesprayer thing blowing thru quicksilver bullets but I really like this take on the parry system.
The official first boss is Father but can be the second you encounter if you are going in blind and run across the Cleric Beast.

Fuck, now I want to play BB again!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya I smoked the cleric beast and did him first. He's way closer to getting to than Father... interesting.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ya I smoked the cleric beast and did him first. He's way closer to getting to than Father... interesting.

Yeah I consider Cleric Beast the first boss even though it's...sorta optional, I guess? It's closer to the beginning and easier than Father G by a lot.

I second that talking about the first area makes me want to play the game again. I spent, hands-down, more time in the first area than any other in the game. The first time I beat Bloodborne, it took something like 45 hours, and the first 10+ were in that first area trying to figure out what the hell to do (first Souls game).

How is Code Vein otherwise? It's in my Giant Crypto Game Pile from February when I bought like 25 games in one month. That one in particular I got for $1 for some reason, had some kind of large unused coupon where I could basically get a $30 game for free, and liked the look of CV.

For $1 I doubt I'll have much to complain about...unless it's super weeby.

Real men start the game with the Axe kthx.

I started with the axe and got my ass handed to me for a couple hours. Having no experience with Souls, I tried to play it like a God of War game, spamming attack while enemies flanked me and I died. Then I decided the game was trash and almost returned it. Then a little later I read that the cane was better for beginners because in whip form it was basically an AOE. So I gave the game another chance and tried that. With the whip I was indeed able to control fights better and actually win things. From there it was just a matter of beating my head on the first two bosses for another 8 hours.

I did a lot better once I got the Blades of Mercy, and pretty much breezed through the game after that.

Now having played most of the Soulses, I totally understand the axe. It's all about timing. My initial mistake was thinking this was just a normal action game. Now it's my favorite game on the PS4.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I got the saw spear right now cuz it works the best of the weps for farming the demon dogs that drop shards.

No solid idea how this upgrade slot system works just yet and dont wanna spoil nuffin.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Axe in Polearm mode just clicked with me when I first played. I absolutely wrecked shit with it. Pizza Cutter is a lot of fun but some of the weapons are real weird and I couldn't get used to them. Rifle Spear I wanted to like but couldn't get into. The stupid rapier pistol thing can suck it.

Stake Driver is the coolest weapon but its lack of any kind of reach makes it annoying. However when you get it in full mode hot damn son.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
All the weapons in the game are legit. Particularly the starting weapons. I like all 3 but i gravitate towards the saw razor.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Axe in Polearm mode just clicked with me when I first played. I absolutely wrecked shit with it. Pizza Cutter is a lot of fun but some of the weapons are real weird and I couldn't get used to them. Rifle Spear I wanted to like but couldn't get into. The stupid rapier pistol thing can suck it.

Stake Driver is the coolest weapon but its lack of any kind of reach makes it annoying. However when you get it in full mode hot damn son.

Reiterpallasch? Yeah, I wasn't crazy about it in my gun-only run.

I used Hunter Pistol -> Repeating Pistol -> Reiterpallasch originally, then ended up switching Reiter out for Evelyn for the last third or so of the game. Worked out a lot better.

Just realized, I haven't even used like two-thirds of the weapons in this game. Namely the DLC weapons, but also some of the weirder endgame weapons.

I tend to pick one weapon and "main" it past a certain point. I've "mained" Blades of Mercy, Tonitrus, Evelyn, and Ludwig's Holy Blade. Then there are the tons of other weapons. Once this gets a remaster I owe it at LEAST one run, probably more like 3, to make heavy use of the DLC weapons and the endgame scythe in particular.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Wasn’t there a goofy ass wagon wheel?
Which looks stupid but was strength and arcane scaling and staggered like a mofo. Hits like a truck too.

I usually pick something at the start then change half way through.

Saw razor to Ludwigs.
Thredded Cane to Saif to Church Pick.
Axe to Whirligig Saw.
Etc