Bloodborne

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
How is Code Vein otherwise? It's in my Giant Crypto Game Pile from February when I bought like 25 games in one month. That one in particular I got for $1 for some reason, had some kind of large unused coupon where I could basically get a $30 game for free, and liked the look of CV.

For $1 I doubt I'll have much to complain about...unless it's super weeby..

I just finished it and posted a 3 sentence impression in the Steam Sale thread. Won’t go in to detail here but I got $15 out of it, just barely probably. It isn’t great but isn’t the worst. Poor man’s Souls game with a decent production value.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I just finished it and posted a 3 sentence impression in the Steam Sale thread. Won’t go in to detail here but I got $15 out of it, just barely probably. It isn’t great but isn’t the worst. Poor man’s Souls game with a decent production value.
For a moment I thought you meant Bloodborne and was about to rage reeee pretty hard.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Howlongtobeat says CV is 25 hours, which is a bit steep for a mediocre game. If it flows well and I don't constantly get lost/run into roadblocks, I'll probably like it.

Playing RE8 now and it's amazing, reminds me of Bloodborne in a lot of ways. And I'm not even much of an RE fan. easily the best RE since RE4, unless you count RE2 Remake. If you like Bloodborne and also like first-person shooters, give RE8 a go.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
TONS of people are still playing this. Summons, invades, death puddles and messages everywhere.

I got 3/3 fire gems in saw spear but it didn't change the scaling like I thought it would.

My stats are

Witches boss was an absolute joke but maybe I did it out of order.

Flame sprayer is dank cheese and not sure if leveling blood tinged would also increase its damage as advertised.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
TONS of people are still playing this. Summons, invades, death puddles and messages everywhere.

I got 3/3 fire gems in saw spear but it change change the scaling like I thought it would.

My stats are

Flame sprayer is dank cheese and not sure if leveling blood tinged would also increase its damage as advertised.
Flame Sprayer levels on Arcane and Guns are blood tinge IIRC.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yaw I use pistol for parry. Ripped the shadow of Yharnam boss guys up with it.

You can roll fast out of spraying, it's some safe ass cheese right now.

Otherwise arcane is um... we will see. No soul arrow or otherwise yet.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
you need arcane to use the hunter tools, which are badass.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They really fucked up not making this for PC.

But I made up for it by being patient and getting that 100$ PS4.

Guess I'll end up doing the same for PS5/Demon Souls.

It isn't terribly hard if you're a souls vet (esp something like spider which was really like a caterpillar minus his minions). That second boss was still the best/hardest fight. I have the DLC and will have to figure out getting there because there's nothing obvious yet. They usually make at least one or two things pretty brutal in the DLC. DS2 was notorious for that.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

It isn't terribly hard if you're a souls vet (esp something like spider which was really like a caterpillar minus his minions). That second boss was still the best/hardest fight. I have the DLC and will have to figure out getting there because there's nothing obvious yet. They usually make at least one or two things pretty brutal in the DLC. DS2 was notorious for that.
You mean Ameliah right? I died to her no joke 30 times until I got gud. More than any other boss in the entire game including the crypts stuff.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The vicar wolf got killed by me in 2 tries, and the summoned npc lasted the entire time. Idk seemed like most of the big jumpy swipey things I've killed in souls games.

Father G was my kind of boss fight. Really liked dat.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

You won't get DLC access till you get too the Church , and even then I wouldn't dive right into it it would be a bit rough at really low levels.

Also this,

Yes please

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You won't get DLC access till you get the the Church , and even then I wouldn't dive right into it it would be a bit rough at really low levels.

I'm askin for it at this point. I want a boss that's gonna take me 15+ attempts. I've got a sweet tooth for grief and overcoming.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I'm askin for it at this point. I want a boss that's gonna take me 15+ attempts. I've got a sweet tooth for grief and overcoming.
well it's there ... belive me lol, I think even the first hunter in there would be a chore at lower levels.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I got 3/3 fire gems in saw spear but it didn't change the scaling like I thought it would.

My stats are

Witches boss is a joke in general. Probably the easiest boss in the game. Surprised it wasn't up first instead of the 3-4 much harder bosses before it.

Bloodtinge makes gun attacks super OP after a while.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

IMO this DLC isn't anywhere near as hard as DS2's, but it's much worse than the other DS DLCs. (Where TF is Demon Souls 6th archstone DLC?)

That said, when I finally got around to the Bloodborne DLC I was A) Overleveled from doing all of the Chalice dungeons necessary for Queen, so everything in the DLC was a little easier than it should have been. B) I summoned another player for the final DLC fight and said other player proceeded to steamroll the boss in like 30s.

So basically I really owe the DLC another go whenever the remaster happens. Also didn't use any of the weapons from it, as mentioned above. And there are a lot of weapons in it.

I suggest doing the DLC late in the regular game. It'll be a good challenge then. Doing it super-early means you'll probably be doing chip damage.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
you need arcane to use the hunter tools, which are badass.
Yeah, anyone who's never played a 99 arcane build in BB... it's well worth doing a new replay to experience it yourself.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Stop using summons if you want more challenge.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Stop using summons if you want more challenge.
I'm not tho, well I used the free NPC one. Ya, fair point.

I don't have some neckbeard with a great sword crushing it for me to be sure.

And I'm yet to find any tools/spells per se. Prob cuz I'm not spoilering.

The one hunter before the spider has a spell I definitely fucking want. WHEW.

I'm 50 arcane, was gonna stop around 60 using previous game knowledge. Think I want at least 30 vit (40-50 if it keeps scaling well), 18 end seems good for my taste.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
If you are at Rom you should definitely have found some tools by then.