Bloodborne

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well fuck this, I was about to pre-order it, and my PS4 just fucking died.
frown.png

I replaced my PC and Monitor in last 2 weeks for $3.5K, so not gonna replace the PS4 for a few weeks, 2015 Is starting to suck big time.

Guess I'll be doing Pillars of Eternity first, instead of this as planned.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
frown.png

I replaced my PC and Monitor in last 2 weeks for $3.5K, so not gonna replace the PS4 for a few weeks, 2015 Is starting to suck big time.

Warranty / reclamation rights? Have 5 years reclamation on consoles here in Norway, tied to the console itself, so if it breaks after 3 years, you send it in, get a new one with another 5 years.

Sucks that this game does not come out until the 26th here. Separate NA EU launch dates really makes no sense anymore, especially digitally.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PS4 comes with a 1 year warranty in North America - but it's still pretty cheap for them to repair after that timeframe. It looks like $125 if he's outside the 1 year. [and if it's anything like the PS3 my cat destroyed before the move - they replaced it rather than repaired for the $80 they asked for PS3)

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Should be $125 to fix it assuming it is actually bricked post warranty - don't waste your money replacing it unless Gamestop or some other is offering a boatload of credit for trade-in on a broken one to make up the difference, don't hose yourself needless.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Or perhaps now is the time to upgrade to the master race white PS4 (assuming you had a black one originally).

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
frown.png

How did your PS4 take a dump already..?

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Got the game early and played some over the weekend. Typical souls game, sucks you right in: exploring the map, dying, fighting back to your bloodstain and finally finding shortcuts like a boss. The setting is very dark and dreadful much like Demon souls. If Tower of Latria was your favorite Level, you will grin like a dog throughout.

The new combat mechanics and enemy attack patterns took me a while to get used to. After trying out the starter weapon options i chose the Axe 2-handed. Moveset is like the Halberd including spin-to-win and a nice long range leap (forward+R2). I can't use the gun while 2-handing so i was quickly capped on full ammo. The shooting to parry seems very gimmicky anyway, for PVE at least. Playing ranged isn't a option since the damage from the gun is a joke and you are limited to 20 bullets. Other ranged options are limited as well, like throwing knifes or molotovs are capped to 10. By the time you beat the first boss you will have a decent set of weapon options available, 1-hand with gun or 2-hand pancake-hammer etc. give you nice variety early on. Blood shards to upgrade weapons to +3 are found plentyful. I am only mentioning this, because there is no need to restart your char if you aren't happy with your chosen starter weapon.

Difficulty is all over the place. Lazy hack n slash surely isn't a option to beat the game but it gets you suprisingly far early on. First boss is very easy for a souls veteran, if you're new however it will be your typical souls entry boss you are supposed to beat solo. The second boss is a whole different caliber, without giving away any spoilers i can say he is very agressive and you might die a bunch if you are used to hide behind a shield, heh.

It was worth the wait. /hype on

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How's the music?
I'm not far into the game yet. I would say the soundtrack ranges from subtle to epic and doesn't disappoint. Everything is high quality, however i am noticing some massive frame drops while turning the camera fast in some outdoor areas. I think it's eighter the lighting or smoke from the burning pyres they put everywhere.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I never used shields on bosses but I will say I did often use it when doing everything else. I'm sure I'll be fine and not shitting my pants.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I only used the Grass Kite Shield for the stamina regen. Never actually for combat purposes. I'm more of a 2h sword kinda guy but that chain whip is looking fun in BB

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Just get me a weapon with a chop/thrust and a sweep attack and I'm good to go. Greatswords ftw.

I loaded DS1 up and I was pretty much just toying with the mobs. The hardest time I had was trying to remember how the hell to jump.

I'm used to baiting attacks for openings by stepping in and out or strafing around all with my shield up in case I fuck it up and get tagged by something. Rolling is pretty much just used to get behind a fatass quickly. That's been my bread and butter throughout Dark Souls. I'm going to feel absolutely naked without a shield. So, hey, different gameplay right off the bat.

I probably should have ordered another controller ahead of time.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Curious - From what i've read/watched the game is very similar in aspect of souls, but now blood instead. During an interview i watched, the developers said that blood drops when you die as like souls in the old game.
But they said something i found very interesting, if you die and you don't get back to your blood quick enough, a mob may pick it up instead, in which case you have to kill that mob to get your blood back. Have you run into this yet? Also, curious if a mob takes your blood and then you die a 2nd time before beating that mob, do you lose that blood or can you get it back still, becasue in all the other games 2 deaths without picking you your stuff is a loss of souls.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Curious - From what i've read/watched the game is very similar in aspect of souls, but now blood instead. During an interview i watched, the developers said that blood drops when you die as like souls in the old game.
But they said something i found very interesting, if you die and you don't get back to your blood quick enough, a mob may pick it up instead, in which case you have to kill that mob to get your blood back. Have you run into this yet? Also, curious if a mob takes your blood and then you die a 2nd time before beating that mob, do you lose that blood or can you get it back still, becasue in all the other games 2 deaths without picking you your stuff is a loss of souls.
I've read reports confirming mobs having your blood echoes post death. I haven't seen video proof though.