Bloodborne

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Amazon shows as shipped. I am posting about a shipped status. Tomorrow night from 6:30pm on I will be dying. A lot.

I should order another controller just in case.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Curious - From what i've read/watched the game is very similar in aspect of souls, but now blood instead. During an interview i watched, the developers said that blood drops when you die as like souls in the old game.
But they said something i found very interesting, if you die and you don't get back to your blood quick enough, a mob may pick it up instead, in which case you have to kill that mob to get your blood back. Have you run into this yet? Also, curious if a mob takes your blood and then you die a 2nd time before beating that mob, do you lose that blood or can you get it back still, becasue in all the other games 2 deaths without picking you your stuff is a loss of souls.
As some people like to do souls games completely blind, including game mechanics, I'll post the following in spoilers

Regarding blood (soul) loss
You no longer drop your bloodstain, but it is absorbed by the monster that killed you. You need to find that monster again and kill it. What killed you gets a visual representation by sparkling / glowing eyes. If you die before reaching that monster again, you lose the exp tied to the first monster similar to blood stains. You do not lose HP or go hollow when dying, certainly not seen that been mentioned as a issue in any of the streams I have seen

Gun combat
It is not as viable as ranged combat in the previous souls games, however, there is a crit mechanic in place. In certain animations, if you time shots right, you can get head shots for massive crits. This includes shooting some enemies repeatedly that can lead into a stagger animation that lets you head shot. Unlike Souls games though, this game will not let you cheese enemies by ranged shots.

Edit

Healing
Unlike other souls games with a limited amount of flasks that required a rest to reset, this game uses blood vials for hp regen. Similarly to Demon Souls leafs. However, they drop 1-2 a time from nearly every enemy. This lets you play for a much longer amount of time. It stacks up to 20 from the start (1 gem is around half hp bar regained). Vials picked up past your max just vanish. So if you see streams and they don't seem to pick up loot, it might be because they play min max, and run back and pick up as they use them. Seems that 1 in three enemies drop vials, so HP items are not rare. At least not in the starting town.

Another heal mechanic is that you get HP back from enemies that hit you by hitting them. This, combined with no shield, makes it a far more aggressive game than the previous souls games.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Amazon shows as shipped. I am posting about a shipped status. Tomorrow night from 6:30pm on I will be dying. A lot.

I should order another controller just in case.
Canceled my pre order for physical and grabbed a prepaid card to get to play some tonight, 9 can't get here soon enough

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I've never played one of these blind. By the time it was on PC, I could have had an entire optimal path laid out for me if I wanted.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I can't play until after work tomorrow. I have considered "working from home" but I've done that too much recently. The bloodboner will be strong

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
PC master race bro.

This is my first console since the SNES.

Plus, you know, Dark Souls supersampled at 2k and 60fps was worth the wait and all.

In five years the master race will be back to having pre-rendered cutscenes looking like dogshit compared to the game.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I do appreciate they big countdown Playstation gives you to know exactly when it will be playable. Everything looks installed and ready to go.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I do appreciate they big countdown Playstation gives you to know exactly when it will be playable. Everything looks installed and ready to go.
Go to Bloodborne, hit the options key and choose Information. Mine had only preloaded the first 6GB or so out of 29. Don't be stuck waiting.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
We are going to do Coop missions and die faster than Vitality's weiner in the bedroom at 2am on a Saturday night.

Needless

Toe Sucker
have they confirmed how coop works in Bloodborne yet? I haven't looked into this game beyond trying it at PAX last year lol, i didn't want to risk any real spoils

-- Scratch that, looks like it's pretty much liks DaS1/2 coop

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'm like you and have avoided slmost everything, but the little blurb I saw on a Youtube video said you get to set a 'password' that someone else can use to join your game. However, when you do that you also somehow open it up to others invading, and that Bell Maiden chick comes... it'll all be a surprise to me!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
There are randomly generated dungeons to coop in. But it also opens up invasions
smile.png

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
My PS4 is alive again. Started it in safe mode, reset to factory setting and rebuilt the database and then it started again.

Gonna play with some tonight to make sure it doesnt shut down again on its own while I used it, if it's stable I'll get Bloodborne. I hope it doesn't die again.