Bloodborne

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Got the sword and its at +6. Went to fight the Hemwick Witch (I'm level 55). Breezed through it. Only healed twice.

Is there anything else to do in the Frontier? I think I explored it pretty well and don't recall any locked gates or doors. Time to move on to the Unseen City?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm going to be playing this game for six months or so. This game might be the best From has put out. I like that there is no "Hollow" crap and getting used to not using a shield hasn't been too bad for me. Dodging is pretty easy to learn in this game and is very easy to spam so I really have to watch myself so I don't spam otherwise I end up out of stamina and up shit's creek.

I really like the axe and if you two-hand it I find it's a really good weapon. The wind up attack I like a lot because you can make short work of the tougher enemies in the early part of the game.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Ya my expectations have been met by far. If they can add shit to the chalice dungeon angle I can see myself playing this til the next souls/bloodborne title comes out. Grabbed the kirkhammer and explored the sewers tonight. Just wish I had more time to play, between work, 2 kids, and a wife......I just cant poopsock like I used to (but I want to). Assuming there's 8+ quality bosses and they add coop content down the road I cant find any flaws with this so far aside from the occasional framerate.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Vin I think a few of us are at the same part, or beyond. I've got the ritual stuff ready (and everyone else should too) to open one if we want to try it out. Just not sure the whole process and guarantee we get in / do it right, etc...

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This Gatling Mother Fucker - harder by far than the first 2 bosses for me. Is there a 3rd boss before the gatling gun guy or is he on the way to 3rd boss?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
He's on the way to 'a' boss, but the numerical order kind of goes out the window because I think there's 3 possible at your point.

I didn't think he was that hard but may have gotten lucky and knocked him off before things got crazy.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Spring, the 3rd boss can either be BSB or Vicar.
If you want to fight Vicar, you need to head back to Hunters Dream and buy the key for 10k Blood Echoes. Then go back to the Cathedral lamp, take the left exit, go straight up the stairs, and take a right on the stairs with the big dude who wields the axe. Go up those and you can now open the gate that leads to the very large Grand Cathedral. For BSB, just don't go up the gatling hunter ladder and eventually you will get to him.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Oh shit, thanks for that. Forgot about that key! I'll try to push this dickhead off the ledge now haha. Think this might be my favorite "Souls" game - loving the in your face combat, the setting, weapons etc.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Really like the setting and atmosphere of the game but boy do I suck. Cant even get past the beginning area where there are a ton of crazy town folk around a fire. Try to pull em one or two at a time and have gotten closed to clearing it all but keep getting killed. Any tips on getting better? Cant even grind out upgrades yet.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
As others have said, Gatling guy is best just knocked off his f'n tower. I roll with the blunderbus, and I was able to get him positioned and reloading his cheap ass stake fist deal between two towers. I had to essentially roll until that happened. THen I just spammed blunderbus til he plummeted to his doom. At the level you come across him, he's simply too stout to melee with any real chance of victory, since it seems he has an instant-fire blunderbus of his own that does substantially more damage to you than yours would do to him.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Oh shit, thanks for that. Forgot about that key! I'll try to push this dickhead off the ledge now haha. Think this might be my favorite "Souls" game - loving the in your face combat, the setting, weapons etc.
Here, I recorded how I got him off. I probably got lucky in his positioning, but if it helps, it helps.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Really like the setting and atmosphere of the game but boy do I suck. Cant even get past the beginning area where there are a ton of crazy town folk around a fire. Try to pull em one or two at a time and have gotten closed to clearing it all but keep getting killed. Any tips on getting better? Cant even grind out upgrades yet.
Hit and run with your light attack. Keep backing up, hit them then press circle a shitload while running away. Repeat till they die. Eventually you'll figure out the timings of various attacks, and then you'll start killing shit with ease. I would say, if this is your first "Souls" game ever, that you do not pick the waste of skin as your starting character. You start out with a lot lower physical resistance due to simply being underleveled, which means shit will almost one shot you a lot of the time. What I did with that group was walk up to gun range, hit one, then run like hell back up the stairs. If you are approaching from the alley and not the stairwells, you are going to get mobbed by the assholes, so try to put them on a stairwell where you can keep them focused and hit as many as possible.

Honestly, these games just take time with a bit of trial and error mixed in. I kept trying to cheese the BSB but eventually just learned how to dodge and counter its moves instead of meleeing til poison time then molatoving for great justice.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
beat BSB
was definitely easier than Father but not as easy as cleric beast. Really all you had to do was roll toward him when he attacks to end up behind him and get a few good whacks in. Repeat until he spews poison, and then just get some distance between attacks to either let the poison wear down or use an antidote.

Overall so far I found old yharnam to be much easier than the first area, probably because I went with waste of skin and could actually be properly leveled for it.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Should i buy this or Dark Souls 2 on PS4 that comes out in 2 weeks? I am still only about halfway through DS1!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Should i buy this or Dark Souls 2 on PS4 that comes out in 2 weeks? I am still only about halfway through DS1!
Both!

I never played through DS2 just because I didn't want to go back to last gen to play it. Really looking forward to it as well, but I don't have nearly enough time right now to even play BB, let alone another game