Bloodborne

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I'd say DS2 just so you're not fucked with. You'll be used to the style of DS1, and it will carry over nice into DS2. Then you will take it in the butt with Bloodborne.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'm confused... could have sworn the path to the right of the BSB that leads to the door was the one that asked for the password. Then I went and it just said 'opens from the other side'.... wtf was that door?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
There was a path to the right of BSB? Lol shit. I guess the door you open after Dark Beast does lead into Old Yharnam, and its kinda right down there. I'll investigate tomorrow! Fuckin girlfriend wants me to spend the night at her place

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Haha Nester, I'm in the exact same position. This thread rekindled my desire to beat O&S, which I finally did last night, so now I'm going to continue trucking through DS1. Will probably pick up DS2 and Bloodborne both at some point soon, as I near completion of DS1.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
There was a path to the right of BSB? Lol shit. I guess the door you open after Dark Beast does lead into Old Yharnam, and its kinda right down there. I'll investigate tomorrow! Fuckin girlfriend wants me to spend the night at her place
Well, back like 1 area or so, where you run in to the initial 2 werewolfs, you can go left in to the 'town' where it leads to BSB or right where it leads to a door. And I'd bet you 90% that previously when I did it that was where the guy asked for the password. But now it is just locked. I'm sure it is something that I'm remembering wrong.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The guy that asks for the password is found up in the Cathedral after the large gate unlock w/ the 2 giants circling the statue. You go down a path from that circular area and the password dude is below. Unless there is more than one asking for a password...........

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I wonder if that door where i got grabbed and insta gibbed is open now. Or maybe that big cheap fucker is a boss? That seemed like a boss room

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Don't know, I just went there again and got insta gibbed. Only boss I can think of I haven't killed is the Darkbeast, and not touching that shit right now.

The guy that asks for the password is found up in the Cathedral after the large gate unlock w/ the 2 giants circling the statue. You go down a path from that circular area and the password dude is below. Unless there is more than one asking for a password...........
Ah shit let me go check that... had a lot of wine, bro. But 'preciate you.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Int, dbeast is a dbitch
if you are using the sword i have it at +6 and the r2 attacks were staggering him. He can be a bitch of a bitch with lightning attacks but he wasnt that bad

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Thanks, I'm going to go through this Forbidden Wood place. Tauntworth was right about the door, completely forgot about it. I'll try him out later, but this looks like the only place other than the Gaol that is open. Don't 'think' I've unlocked the sword yet... which raises another question. Been using the Cane the whole game which means my STR is at like 9. Every weapon I've unlocked is like 14+ STR so wtf

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Continually impressed w/ the landscapes and level design in this game. We've all come to expect unique and unparalleled design, but they keep getting better and better. Would probably feel more interconnected like DS1 if it wasn't for the god-awful loading, but apart from that, their level design team is unmatched. Not sure if it was already linked but they're trying to work on a fix for hte loading

Sony Confirms That 'Bloodborne's' Loading Times Are Being Patched - Forbes

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Holy mother of fuck Hemwick is driving me insane. The cliffside/rooftop skirmishes with brutes have resulted in waaaaaaaaaay too many untimely demises. No idea if this is where I'm supposed to be after beating Gascoine anyway.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Fuck them for letting me into Gaol so early and putting twin bloods on easy trash... right next to a lamp. Yay for +6 axe. Boo for no will power to resist the cheese.

I think I did the bosses out of order, in terms of difficulty. Killed BSB after a few attempts then one shot Vicar. Still exploring to see where I'm supposed to go next.

PS: Anybody else feel like the load times are a twisted secondary death penalty? Fuuuuuck.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I feel like I fucked up my order somehow because I haven't been to nor do I have any idea where BSB is, but I have gotten to the gatlin gun dude.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Do you not drop your souls (or blood, or whatever they call it now) where you die in this? I'm still just in the first area, but it isn't leaving any bloodstains or anything for me to recover?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If it isn't on the ground then a mob nearby has picked them up. Look for glowing blue eyes.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The blood stains also blend in a bit better too now - I've almost overlooked mine a few times since they're literally just a small blood mark now, not a giant steaming thing of ichor.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Got all of tier 1-3 completed (9 bosses dead total, & +9 weapon). I'm hoping to run my first chalice tomorrow night if anyone wants to give it a go and is around level 60-70.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Had so much trouble just with the first part yesterday. Found no shortcuts, just werewolves and big guys I couldn't kill. Didn't like the Cane much.

Started a new character today, sprinted to cleric beast just to die, second run found shortscuts, new areas and progressed further in 30 minutes than 4 hours yesterday. Also got the Axe which I enjoy a whole lot more than the cane.

Love the game, though I must admit I find it harder than the previous souls games and I finished all of them (except DS2 dlc). I am too used to defensive playing, enjoying the change quite a bit.