Bloodborne

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Darkbeast Paarl:
So the trick with this guy is to keep on top of him. First thing I did was toss an oil at him and then a molotov, didn't do amazing damage but that was fine. Then it was just roll-strafe until he gets animation locked and dashing in for a couple of hits. Back off while he counters and try to land a charged R2 on him from just outside his range. This will knock the electricity off him, and then you just run in and beat the shit out of him as fast as you can. When he stands up, keep wailing on him until he gets his sparks back, then back off because he'll probably do a PBAE pulse deal. When it fades, run in and hit him a couple of times. If you are in the 50s and your weapon is at +6, he should be basically dead at this point. Hit him again a couple of times at max range and it should knock his electricity off again, then just run in for the kill. You can knock him down if you hit him while his sparks are off, which further extends how much assbeat you can put on him. The trick is just keeping him at medium range so he keeps meleeing and doesn't try to electricity rape you nonstop, then waiting for him to swing and countering 1-2 times until his electricity drops. Using the cane in cane mode, I literally stood on top of him kicking his ass until he stood up and pulsed, I rolled out once and then rolled back and beat on him again, knocking the charge off and then him down, ending in a quick win. Try that method and see if it helps out

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I cheated using the dupe trick to level up but I'm having quite a bit more fun now. I'm not ashamed to say i suck and no longer have the reaction times or patience of myself 10 years ago.

I would say that if anyone else is thinking of giving themselves a slight boost for enjoyment but not game breaking purposes I would say aim for 20-25 vitality and stamina and 40 insight (unlocks secondary hard abilities on mobs)

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
HAH, that would explain why I am no longer one/two shotting bosses. I had a bunch of the madmen's things, and I just burned them all so now I'm at 63 insight. Honestly I just wanted to see that weird thing clinging to the cathedral, but it appears I need to kill more bosses for that stuff to start appearing.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah those guys appear after BSB. The thing is, that area you were taken to, is FANTASTIC for farming both souls, and the twin blood stones you need to level up weapons from +3 to +6. But if you go up the stairs you'll wind up in a large room with two of those bag holding dudes and a bonfire, and you can go in and out of the Gaol from there.
Yup found it. The stairs are great too, because the guys are too big to fit down it, so can just kill them with the AE swing from the axe.

Explored a bit further and found the Tonitrus (sp?). Lightning mace. It causes stuns that opens up visceral attacks. Used it to kill the vicar. Bought Ludwigs holy blade after that. So 20 hours in, I finally replaced the axe. Currently exploring the forbidden forest. Not sure if there are any other areas I can go to. Tried going up the tower in the path that opens in the cathedral, but at the top there was a door that required a key.

Question though, I created a dungeon just to try it, and in it there was this lady ringing a bell. Didn't do anything else. Is she one of the bell maidens I have heard about that opens up invasions?

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The load times are absolutely unbearable. Someone said, a few pages back, that addressing these load times is a priority for From in their first patch.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Is there any optional areas I can possibly miss between post-Vicar and beyond? Definitely trying to avoid spoilers and I have for the most part......but would like to at least kill all the bosses before initiating ng+

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Is there any optional areas I can possibly miss between post-Vicar and beyond? Definitely trying to avoid spoilers and I have for the most part......but would like to at least kill all the bosses before initiating ng+
There are only 7 bosses required to beat the game, but there are at least double that number of bosses in the game. There are only a few areas that don't have at least one boss, and there are several areas that you can easily miss if you're not watching for lit lanterns and other level design "tells."

Edit: It was fairly obvious to me when I'd reached the final boss, and I'm not exactly Sherlock Holmes. Once you reach it, be sure to do everything you want because as soon as it dies the credits roll and the game starts at the cutscene prior to character creation.

Bosses:

Bosses (* denotes required to beat the game):
  1. Cleric Beast
  2. Father Gascaolgne*
  3. Blood-starved Beast
  4. Witch of Hemwick
  5. Vicar Amelia*
  6. Darkbeast Paarl
  7. Shadow of Yharnam
  8. One Reborn*
  9. Martyr Logarius
  10. Micolash, Host of the Nightmare*
  11. Final boss*
  12. Secret final boss

Great Ones
  1. Amygdala
  2. Celestial Emissary
  3. Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos
  4. Mergo's Wet Nurse*
  5. Rom, the Vacuous Spider*

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I am totally blown away by this game. It's so good!

Taking it slow, only 5 bosses in and every new area is a treat to explore. Shit is scary too, like the level with the witches or the forest. The setting creates such an immersive atmosphere and the sound design for these monsters is freaky as hell. And all the intricate characters you meet. Everything is batshit insane: the story, the people you meet and even your character - i love it!

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider

Taking it slow, only 5 bosses in and every new area is a treat to explore. Shit is scary too, like the level with the witches or the forest. The setting creates such an immersive atmosphere and the sound design for these monsters is freaky as hell. And all the intricate characters you meet. Everything is batshit insane: the story, the people you meet and even your character - i love it!
Totally agree. Also, play Demon/Dark Souls if you haven't.....slightly slower paced but also masterpieces.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

Yup. Fantastic game. Can't wait for the PS4 Dark Souls 2 remaster on April 7th.

Wasn't Bloodborne made by a separate dev team? If so, I hope the Dark Souls team have been busy too and announce Dark Souls 3 soon.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Bloodborne was made by the A team that made Demon Souls and Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2 was made by the B team

Scyfi

N00b
Look in your inventory for the trick to beating BSB, same thing worked on a boss in Dark Souls.

Pungent Blood Cocktail

Throw them at the wall and you get 5 seconds of wailing on his backside

Also if you haven't yet, once you beat BSB let the bag guy kill you
smile.png

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'll give that a try. I've been beating my head on the Blood Starved Beast for a bit now. I can get him down to about half health and than he, inevitably, does a grab attack which kills me from full health. One shot grab attacks were fucking lame in Demons Souls. They were fucking lame in Dark Souls. Still fucking lame in Dark Souls 2. Guess what? Grab attacks are fucking lame in Bloodborne too.

Scyfi

N00b
I'll give that a try. I've been beating my head on the Blood Starved Beast for a bit now. I can get him down to about half health and than he, inevitably, does a grab attack which kills me from full health. One shot grab attacks were fucking lame in Demons Souls. They were fucking lame in Dark Souls. Still fucking lame in Dark Souls 2. Guess what? Grab attacks are fucking lame in Bloodborne too.
I also used the pillars to dance around and take pot shots at him.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
BSB was not too bad with 18 vit fire paper and antidotes. Didnt even know he had a grab attack but his regular attacks didnt hurt much aside from poisoning. Had a couple oh shit moments but was always able to heal before dying. Only 1 shot boss and Vicar took me like 7 or 8 lol

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Alright I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing anymore. I beat blood starved beast, and now what? It opened a door in the church but it leads up to a locked door I don't have a key for, and going through the prison area that the bagmen take you to and trying to fight Paarl at level 25 seems like a really shit idea. Is there someplace else I can go before trying to deal with Paarl?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Alright I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing anymore. I beat blood starved beast, and now what? It opened a door in the church but it leads up to a locked door I don't have a key for, and going through the prison area that the bagmen take you to and trying to fight Paarl at level 25 seems like a really shit idea. Is there someplace else I can go before trying to deal with Paarl?
Have you purchased the 10k item from Hunter's Dream's vendor that allows you to open the gate that is (this will be confusing) through the left door at the church with the dude that let's you invite people to it, then right up the short set of stairs past the giant dude, and then right again up the stairs?

Scyfi

N00b
Also after BSB I recommend you go get Ludwigs Holy Sword! so worth it. Can google it or or hit me up on PSN (Scyfi) and I will walk you through it.

Also if none of you have used share play yet, it is an amazing tool to watch someone game and help them through a tough spot.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Sweet jesus.. finally can play this bad boy but you guys werent kidding about the load times being awful. I hope their patch fixes that shit, and i hope it comes soon lol