Bloodborne

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I like the Kirkhammer but not for the hammer part, just the sword part. I liked the saw well enough, but the range on it felt limited. I don't like having the long blade out, I just play with the short-saw, is that shitty of me?

I sort of raged last night when I went into the area downstairs after killing machine gun man and got stun-locked by those poison fuckers. I'm hoping there is a bonfire down there because the run from the other one sucks unless you skip every monster on the way.
If you're talking about Old Yarnham, I hoped beyond hope that Old Yarnham had two lamps. Let me assure you that it does not :/

After you take care of the machine gunner you realize that the area is actually pretty small (there's a ladder that goes from the top to the bottom). The other shortcuts aren't hard to find and make getting around pretty quick.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Re: Is armor just for show?

One of the final areas of the game has creatures that increase your frenzy just by looking at you. This killed me within seconds until I equipped a frenzy resist rune and put on my highest frenzy resist armor. It literally became a non factor at that point. If the frenzy meter got so high that I had to wait more than a few seconds for it to drain completely I used a sedative, but that was purely quality of life, not survival.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you're talking about Old Yarnham, I hoped beyond hope that Old Yarnham had two lamps. Let me assure you that it does not :/

After you take care of the machine gunner you realize that the area is actually pretty small (there's a ladder that goes from the top to the bottom). The other shortcuts aren't hard to find and make getting around pretty quick.
Just talking about the area right after machine gunner. You go down his ladder and into the building where there are a bunch of the hooded guys and the jumping dudes with poison. I died and it was late so I said fuck it and I'd try again today. I just sort of raged because I got stun-locked and that stuff pisses me off, at least give me a chance to move.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
One thing that annoys me is that it seems when you die and say "fuck it, I'll try again tomorrow," the blood echos you dropped despawn once you exit out of the game (even to the title screen). It's happened to me a couple of times now.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Are you sure a mob didn't just pick them up?

Because that definitely shouldn't happen, it hasn't in any previous Souls game, even going back to Demon's Souls.

But the mobs can pick up your blood now. So maybe if they pick it up and you exit, the souls go away. I dunno.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
The kirkhammer is what I've used for almost the entire game so far and I love it. Somehow I one shotted the cleric beast with the cane and the switched to the kirkhammer. Haven't gotten to BSB yet so I haven't tried Ludwigs yet.

The sword part is okay for small guys but the hammer combos are really what makes it shine because it staggers most everything. From sword stance go L1, R1, R1, R1 for a sweet ogre killing combo(if you don't want to waste bullets). Another good combo from sword stance is R1, R1, L1, R1(I think). That one is only good if the first sword attacks stagger them because the L1 transition is slow and you often get counter attacked.

I've tried the axe and the saw for about 30 minutes each but didn't like them that much. If you read opinions on best weapons you get about an equal amount of people loving each one. I think if you spend a lot of time on learning the best combos of them and when to use them they can all be about equally effective.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
One thing that annoys me is that it seems when you die and say "fuck it, I'll try again tomorrow," the blood echos you dropped despawn once you exit out of the game (even to the title screen). It's happened to me a couple of times now.
I don't think I've actually exited bloodborne since the PS4 patch allowing the game to resume after sleep mode

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
100% positive that the bloods were not picked up. It happened to me twice now. Once when I died to Gatling hunter. Killed him next time, saw my bloods on the ground but I exited and reloaded to get the loot and my bloods were gone. Second time was against BSB. I died to him, quit, came back an hour later and killed him on my first attempt. No bloods. And, no, I didn't die between those attempts.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Haha yeah me too, at first I didn't understand suspend/resume but now I do.

Also occasionally you get the "Blood echoes restored" or whatever and I assume the guy holding them fell off a building or burned to death somewhere.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
6 attempts on gatlin guy, he's pissing me off lol.. yea i know i'm suppose to knock him off, but it's like my gun just does not have the ability to do it. Tonight i'll continue to try the charge attack and hope i get him. Lost about 13k blood so far, but now i just don't care, i just want him dead. I can now run to him in about 2.5 minutes with only killing about 3 mobs on the way. If i have to after he is dead to get his loot, i'll just jump off the edge too then run back and get it, no logging out.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Try to just roll dodge up to him and smack him with a weapon that does a mild knock back. you can totally knock him off the ledge that way as well.

Pistol takes 3 shots to knock him off.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I can't even get past the cleric werewolf thing. Granted I never played DS1 or 2, but did it suffer from camera issues too? I dodge roll and the camera gets locked up in a corner, and I have no clue what the fuck is going on, which direction I'm facing, or if I'm even getting hit. Not cool!

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Last night I was on attempt 12 on Father G. Girlfriend was beside me on the couch reading as I was getting more pissed at each attempt. I had him down to about 5% and just need to hit him with one more Molotov and he stun lock kills me. I scream motherfucker at the top of my lungs and hit the ottoman with every ounce of force I have. My poor girlfriend of 7 months, who had never seen me rage before, looked like she saw a ghost.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I can't even get past the cleric werewolf thing. Granted I never played DS1 or 2, but did it suffer from camera issues too? I dodge roll and the camera gets locked up in a corner, and I have no clue what the fuck is going on, which direction I'm facing, or if I'm even getting hit. Not cool!
Get him to werewolf form and then just kite and pelt him with moltovs.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I was just going to say its hilarious watching streamers nerd rage so hard over things, you should stream your anger and hatred too!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I feel like I'm missing so much shit in this game, too many things are order dependent and disappear after certain points

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What worked for me for Father G was

to kite him around the center statue thing. You can often get him stuck on one side allowing you to potion up while he's shooting at air. The best way to dispatch him is to learn how to shoot him with your gun. He'll still get off cheap moves. If you shoot him once and it does not make him kneel down, get ready to instantly shoot his next attack and that should do it. Also when he starts turning into a werewolf you can get in a ton of hits while he's transforming. I actually took off like 10% of his life while he was transforming, then one parry was all I needed.

And for gatling man, I watched a guy do it by instantly sprinting and shooting him close range really quickly. I did it by sprinting and bashing his skull in with my kirkhammer.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I'm still using the Hunter Axe I started with - love the moveset too much, especially the L2 and R2 Charge with 2-handed mode.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
For Father G-Rape, I found that fighting him on top of the stairs worked best. There was plenty of room up there without headstones to get in your way (or the camera's way) and I could run off the side and kite a bit to heal back up.

It seems counter-intuitive but a lot of times the safest place to be is right on the boss's ass. If you're at range, you're just asking to get comboed down. So most of the time the better option is to get roll in to force an attack sequence and get some attacks off before ducking back out.