Bloodborne

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
What worked for me for Father G was

to kite him around the center statue thing. You can often get him stuck on one side allowing you to potion up while he's shooting at air. The best way to dispatch him is to learn how to shoot him with your gun. He'll still get off cheap moves. If you shoot him once and it does not make him kneel down, get ready to instantly shoot his next attack and that should do it. Also when he starts turning into a werewolf you can get in a ton of hits while he's transforming. I actually took off like 10% of his life while he was transforming, then one parry was all I needed.

And for gatling m I watched a guy do it by instantly sprinting and shooting him close range really quickly. I did it by sprinting and bashing his skull in with my kirkhammeran,.
How to cheese Father G

When zoning in to the graveyard, to the left when entering, there is a tree with some tombstones around it. Use the axe (he is using one too). Do NOT use the music box yet if you have it, as it will trigger his third phase ahead of time. The strong attack (hold R2) on the two hand axe will strafe through the stones and tree in question. You can just circle around there and constantly use that attack to hit him without him being able to hit you. When he does the first transformation (equips 2h axe) just keep circling, but avoid being completely close to the stones/tree as his jump attack and AE attack can hit you too now. When he does the AE attack, it will open him up for a 2H swing from you too.

You shouldn't really be hit at all doing this, but at most you will use 2-3 health until phase 3. He will turn into the wolf at stage 3, at around 25-30% hp left. When he starts to transform, toss molotovs at him. Should get 2 in before he finishes transforming. Should only require 3-4 before dying. For extra cheese, you can also use the music box if you have it once he transforms. That should get you 2 more shots of molotov.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I wish finding people to fight was faster. Im level 110 and it takes so damn long to find someone. I just sit in cathedral ward/old yharnam. And when i do get a fight i kill them so fast.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
No invasions without inviting them in is one of my least favorite changes in the game, tbh.

I haven't lost a fight against an actual human invader at all in DS2 and only a few times in DS1.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Only time I fought a human was in nightmare land. I was completely stunlocked by dual daggers because there's no more poise and gun stagger didn't last long enough to get a hit in.

spronk

FPS noob
No invasions without inviting them in is one of my least favorite changes in the game, tbh.

I haven't lost a fight against an actual human invader at all in DS2 and only a few times in DS1.
how does that work in BB, i've been mostly playing offline since i hated that shit in DS1 when I was a newb and some asshole would invade as I was trying to figure out where the fuck I am and 1 shot me. I eventually just turned on cheat engine so I was invulnerable while trying to figure shit out, those fuckers would invade, beat on me for a while, and then suicide.

I assume from what you say in BB if I play online I can't get invaded unless I ring the summoning bell and shit? which i will never do

and yeah you can definitely lose all your echos if you fuck around after death. i lost mine all of mine (under 200 each time) when i first started dying to the big fatty behind the boxes near the starting area, it was never on the ground nor on any of the mobs near him. i would die literally every few steps though as everything was killing me since i suck so bad. also i died to eileen a few times (accidently hit her) and never got my echos back after killing her, maybe they went to a mob way under her or something.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
how does that work in BB, i've been mostly playing offline since i hated that shit in DS1 when I was a newb and some asshole would invade as I was trying to figure out where the fuck I am and 1 shot me. I eventually just turned on cheat engine so I was invulnerable while trying to figure shit out, those fuckers would invade, beat on me for a while, and then suicide.

I assume from what you say in BB if I play online I can't get invaded unless I ring the summoning bell and shit? which i will never do
You have to buy the sinister bell and ring it to invite invaders in.

The regular summoning bell is for co op, but I think if you're co oping that can also allow invaders in. I'm not sure on that point, tbh.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
The regular summoning bell is for co op, but I think if you're co oping that can also allow invaders in. I'm not sure on that point, tbh.
There's no reliable way to play with friends, right? I have a buddy that's bugging me to buy the game so we can "play together". But, IIRC from Dark Souls, that's not really possible. Summons are random picks from the online player base?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah there's a password system to co-op with friends or communities. I know NeoGAF and Reddit have community passwords to co-op with each other.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Only time I fought a human was in nightmare land. I was completely stunlocked by dual daggers because there's no more poise and gun stagger didn't last long enough to get a hit in.
if he was wearing cainhurst armor it was probably me. I invade there since everyone gets the bell ringer.

When invading you also get guest hp, which is way less than anyone with levels has.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
You have to buy the sinister bell and ring it to invite invaders in.

If you ring the sinister bell, you can invite people in, that is true. This is PvP, 1v1. For when you want to PvP. You will be notified when they enter your world.

For co-op, you can have an open match setting (under network settings in the game, you can set up password and the likes). When you then ring the beckoning bell, it will search for match ups. If you have an open (no password) it will search for everyone and pick at random, however, if you password it, it will take people from people with that password in that area. It can take 1-2 minutes for the server to catch it, but if you want to co-op with a specific friend, you can now by using your own password.

Where PvP comes in.

Every time you ring the beckoning bell, it has the chance to spawn a bell maiden NPC. She allows for PVP invasions. People who ring the Sinister bell in these areas to search for PvP can enter your world now, and you will not be notified if and when they do. I believe all bells, when rung, has the chance to spawn a bell maiden. When spawned, she needs to be found and killed to stop invasions from happening.

There are also areas in the game that have bell maidens as regular NPCs. These are the areas you need to go to if you want to PvP / invade regularly. First area I have gotten the "a bell maiden rings a sinister bell" is the outside nightmare area (second area on the nightmare spawn tombstone - Nightmare frontier).

Trying to find people to invade in the regular areas with no normal bell maidens will be difficult as you need to search for pvp in the exact time someone else is co-oping in that area, a bell maiden for them spawns, before they kill it, and nobody else has invaded (though I am not 100% if multiple people can invade at once, I think that might be possible).

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Sheeeit. Alfred died fighting BSB. He got grabbed and eaten lol. I think hes gone forever in my game. It was a real life nooooooo moment. At least i finished I finished it off for him!

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hah - you told me wrong! Apparently Vicar wasn't my only option, went to a corner to beat up on some birds and wasn't paying enough attention and got Bag-manned by the first one I bumped into.

Now to deal with this area first, heh. (I was starting to clear up to her half-assedly when it occurred)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Weapons just don't make sense to me for some reason. I have cane, spear, saw, lightning mace, kirkhammer and holy sword all at +3. Everything hits for less than the saw does except the 2h holy sword, and it doesn't do enough more to give up the attack speed of the saw.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Sounds super fun! Glad I'm too cheap to buy PS Gold so no multiplayer for me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Weapons just don't make sense to me for some reason. I have cane, spear, saw, lightning mace, kirkhammer and holy sword all at +3. Everything hits for less than the saw does except the 2h holy sword, and it doesn't do enough more to give up the attack speed of the saw.
Are you using weapons that scale with your stats? Are they all repaired?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Sounds super fun! Glad I'm too cheap to buy PS Gold so no multiplayer for me.
One year of ps+ is like 50 bucks.

The amount of free games you get in that time easily is worth three to four times that.

Just fyi.