Bloodborne

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I must have missed the blood rock from the story, but yea its found on 4/5 chalice RARELY.
I was reading that once you got it once from chalice you can't get it again at all. Don't know if it's true or not.

The story one is where the big brain thing is in nightmare of mensis. The ledge right underneath him actually.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
My list, same order. Blank line partition represents a divide - the bosses before it didn't cause much of an issue; those immediately after killed me several times, and Logarius killed me still more. Haven't fought last two bosses yet. Thus far the bosses have fallen in line with Demon's Souls encounters, with few exceptions - getting to them can be an ordeal, but they fall easily enough when engaged.

Celestial Emissary
Ebrietas
Witch
Micolash
Amygdala
Cleric Beast
Father G
BSB
Shadow
One Reborn
Vicar

Rom
Paarl
Logarius

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Man, Vicar getting rated pretty hard and I absolutely roflstomped her. Had way more trouble with BSB. Vicar was mostly just me flamethrowing her for 10 minutes until she burned to death.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea, Flamethrower really gimps a few bosses it seems, I've got a feeling Ritley barely touched it from his difficulty ratings. Paarl and BSB were a joke for me too. 1-shot on all but Vicar, Vicar was 2 fails then I tried Flamethrower and owned her easy.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'm also surprised at where Rom is falling. That was like the most straightforward of them all for me, kite a few adds, clear them, attack. Rinse and repeat x3 then it just sits there and dies. EZPZ.

I would also put the earlier bosses higher up under the condition if you are newer to the souls games because they're introduced so early and just beat your ass. Father G definitely gets a higher rating than Cleric Beast though.

Vaclav

Oh wow, yea, I missed Rom... his crystal barrage shit was the only hard part, and that wasn't that hard to avoid/soak a little + heal

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
If I had to rate bosses from easiest to hardest it would look something like this, just by how hard they were for me at the time I fought them

Micolash (seriously, I don't think he did anything but a very weak melee attack).
Celestial emissary (derp, kite the adds up the stairs, jump off ledge and wail on boss)
Witch (obvious)
Cleric beast
Dark beast Paarl
The one reborn
Blood-starved beast
Mergos wet nurse (might have been bugged for me, I read she clones herself? Didn't when I fought her, just melee attacks)
Amygdala
Father Gascoigne
Martyr Logarius
Ebrietas
Rom
Shadow
Vicar Amelia

Haven't fought gehrman yet

I also read you that you can only get one blood rock from chalice dungeons? Plus the one from story, that leaves 2 for first play through and one for each one after
lol wait until you fight the higher tier bosses from chalice dungeons, a couple of the higher bosses literally one shot you, and one of the chalice dungeons you unlock is cursed that puts your hp at 50%. You can't get hit at all.

Get hit = dead'd'd'd'd'!

spronk

FPS noob
some people have said if you preordered the game on the PSN store and let it preload the bosses attacks patch didn't apply correctly, so many of the bosses do nothing but their basic melee attack. dunno if todays hotfix fixed it, but if not and you bought the digital version you could delete the game and let it redownload, if you notice your game has bosses missing attacks

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I helped someone do Micolash and he was doing this hugely damaging arcane magic missile, but when I fought him he only did shitty melee. I preordered on the PSN store...

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
He sometimes does the same magic missile that Ebrietas can do, the one that has three volleys and pseudo tracks. When I did him it was very rare but not that hard to dodge. The first time I did him it was funny, he was at half health, moved to the next phase, I dropped down from above and during my stun recovery he did the missile thing and one shot me. Thinking, uhhh that can't be right, did it again and killed him next try.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Oh wow, yea, I missed Rom... his crystal barrage shit was the only hard part, and that wasn't that hard to avoid/soak a little + heal
It was more that it was a little random. The crystal barrage was barely dodge able, sometimes rolling multiple times and you wouldn't get hit, sometimes you would. The spiders could sometimes bomb dive you from outside your camera view, and that is pretty much a one hit death.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Man, Vicar getting rated pretty hard and I absolutely roflstomped her. Had way more trouble with BSB. Vicar was mostly just me flamethrowing her for 10 minutes until she burned to death.
I never used flamethrower, so that might have made it easier

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
But really, I didn't have trouble with any but vicar. Besides her, it never took more than a couple of tries to get their moves down. And for her the time I beat her she was easy, but I didn't do anything different from all my fails really

But I probably died the most in a single place to the three hunters before Paarl and one reborn

Vaclav

But really, I didn't have trouble with any but vicar. Besides her, it never took more than a couple of tries to get their moves down. And for her the time I beat her she was easy, but I didn't do anything different from all my fails really

But I probably died the most in a single place to the three hunters before Paarl and one reborn
Yea, those hunters were nasty - but poison knives got them for me after one or two times once I bothered. The really nasty fist blades guy was getting poisoned off ONE knife.

Edit update: In light of the boss "fixes" for downloaded copies I opted to reroll and try out Arcane as a build, it's actually working remarkably well - the shards drop like candy from the extra item find so the expected "worse stats" penalty really doesn't hurt as much as I'd have expected. No Hunters Tools yet to do spells however.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I ran into Father G after killing Cleric Beast and subsequently died to his final form. I read up on him that he can be found as an NPC if you give him something dropped from the Cleric Beast? Where can you find him as a NPC?

Also, is there a list of enemies that you CANNOT counter on? I'm getting raped numerous times trying to counter.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yea, those hunters were nasty - but poison knives got them for me after one or two times once I bothered. The really nasty fist blades guy was getting poisoned off ONE knife.

Edit update: In light of the boss "fixes" for downloaded copies I opted to reroll and try out Arcane as a build, it's actually working remarkably well - the shards drop like candy from the extra item find so the expected "worse stats" penalty really doesn't hurt as much as I'd have expected. No Hunters Tools yet to do spells however.
I toyed around with arcane (got it to 20) to mess with the Hunter tools, but I've found them to be pretty lackluster, mainly because they don't last long enough. Empty phantasm shell really should scale with arcane.

Does make the claymore a beast with a paper though, as I think those scale with arcane and the blade itself has an A scale rating for arcane

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I had trouble with Vicar until I went two handed with the claymore, then I absolutely roflstomped her with charge attacks. That became a pattern for the rest of the game - frequent switching between 2h power and speed/parries depending on the mob type or boss phase. I love the mechanic and no longer miss shields at all.

And like people have posted, at first the holy sword seemed like a piece of shit compared to the saw blade. Then your stats scale up and you find out how much that L2 overhead smash destroys shit with its reach and stagger.

So I've really slowed down my play for the sake of variety and not running the game into the ground. But I'm in nightmare of mensis, which seems like a good point to look up any items I might have missed and to buy out everything left on the vendors. Spoiler time.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
So there is an asshole that pushes you into a pit in this game too. Son of a.... I hope he is a NPC I can talk to. Yeah, the Clinic. Totally safe! Go there!

That also turned into my first encounter with large head girl? She sang "lalalalala" and my response was FRENZY... dead. How do I even respond to that shit? I would cheese that mob so hard with a bow in a regular Souls game!

Currently having trouble with the tree guys in the woods. I spoiled myself with some tactics here, to lower their hp at the same time, but that Sepiroth guy. His sword has reach for miles. And ditto on the people that say that resists don't see to do much. I put on all of my most fire resistant gear, and notice no difference when hit by the flamebreath or fireballs.