Bloodborne

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So my brother came over saturday, we got absolutely hammered and if you watched my twitch you saw the result of absolute failure. Anyways, he decided to buy the game, but he's a pussy so he'll want help.

Can you do co-op on bosses still? I don't do that shit because I enjoy breaking my dick off on bosses, but he needs help.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So my brother came over saturday, we got absolutely hammered and if you watched my twitch you saw the result of absolute failure. Anyways, he decided to buy the game, but he's a pussy so he'll want help.

Can you do co-op on bosses still? I don't do that shit because I enjoy breaking my dick off on bosses, but he needs help.
Yeah you can coop bosses. Go into your online settings and create a password for you and him, and then you will be able to find him that way when he rings the bell.

Also, anyone doing the chalice runs? I am about level 42. But I just saw an article on Gamespot in where I want some of the cool stuff that drops in there. What level are these recommended for? I have not done any as of now. Also can you do them solo?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah you can coop bosses. Go into your online settings and create a password for you and him, and then you will be able to find him that way when he rings the bell.

Also, anyone doing the chalice runs? I am about level 42. But I just saw an article on Gamespot in where I want some of the cool stuff that drops in there. What level are these recommended for? I have not done any as of now. Also can you do them solo?
Depends on the Chalice in question - the difficulty goes up with Depth - Depth 1 honestly is probably doable around Father G level.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
question: Does it matter when you kill Vicar? I'm at him now but i hear that turns day to night... should i wait or does it really matter?

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm

I'm going to roll a new character that will be lower level if you want to do them sometime this week.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Doesn't matter, just kill her if you can.

You will get some bag guys spawning that are hard at that level, but nowhere where you can't just avoid them since they walk at turtle speed

If they kill you they transport you to the unseen village which will rape you at that level, but there is a lamp you can get to without killing anything so you can get back to where you want

Vaclav

I'm on my last trohpy (Yarhnam Queen) now, and I've got to say for all the talk earlier of the Defilement Chalice being rape... it's really not so far with the first floor, wasn't even one shot kills from the boss.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Chalice dungeons only seem interesting for the bosses. The transition from carefully crafted awesomeness to an oddly laid out maze of square rooms is too jarring. It's a serious step down in quality and I find it kinda boring trying to remember where I need to backtrack for a door etc.

Neat bosses though.

PS: I dicked around in DS1 and the first boss promptly jumped off the balcony. I laughed my balls off. Still can't parry for shit after all that practice in BB. And I couldn't remember how to get the goddamn dragon to stop breathing fire and hop down for the sweet lewtz.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
How does the chalice thing work? I can do one of the ceremonies but does that "portal" stay there? Or is its kind of create and use right away?

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
So after getting my ass handed to me by the hunters after ROM I decided to do some grinding. Went to my first chalice dungeon and got the uncanny saw blade which I was wanting to get, turns out the only upgrade is the 3rd gem slot. Was kinda disappointed but it did raise my DMG just a hair. Is the next version of the uncanny also another different gem slot?

From what I saw last night the portal stays as long as you don't take the chalice out of the stone

Vaclav

So after getting my ass handed to me by the hunters after ROM I decided to do some grinding. Went to my first chalice dungeon and got the uncanny saw blade which I was wanting to get, turns out the only upgrade is the 3rd gem slot. Was kinda disappointed but it did raise my DMG just a hair. Is the next version of the uncanny also another different gem slot?

From what I saw last night the portal stays as long as you don't take the chalice out of the stone
All rare versions from Chalices just modify gem slots.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, my Ludwigs is at +9, but the R1 attack rating is lower than my other weapons at +6 (axe, kirkhammer; 118 vs. 135), but the R2 attack rating is 377. Not sure what is going on, though adding Strength as stopped buffing up the R1 attack, though it has added to the R2 attack from 25-30. If I recall correctly, raising my Arcane up to 18 has buffed the R1 attack once, and oddly enough the L2 attack. I'm sure this has to do with the scaling rating of the weapon, which is currently B for Str/Sk/Arc;

My characters stats at lvl74 are:
Vit: 33
End: 25
Str: 30 (Cannon!)
Sk: 12
Bld: 6
Arc: 18 (neat trinkets)

The Holy Blade has the following stats:
Phys Atk: 190 +187
Gems: Phys Atk +18% / +10.5%, HP Recover +2 (Waning slot, used a Droplet)

So has the blade topped out (aside from the bump to +10 later), or will adding to Sk / Arc increase its damage? That R1 rating just seems really low for some reason.

I find Chalice dungeons a nice change of pace. Just beat Central Pth-whatever so I could get the Bone Ash armor, and I gotta say I really liked the final boss, really fun fight even though I suck at parrying. So now I can also open up a Short Root, and the Hintertomb. Fun times.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Skill will add just as much damage as str did since they have the same scaling for Ludwig. Arcane won't add any unless you use a gem that converts the damage to an element (very much not recommended). Getting 25/25 str/skl is pretty important for damage with it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The 1h R1 attacks scale almost entirely with skill. It also does scale with arcane, just very poorly.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn, I just killed the Doll by accident, am I screwed now?

Did some Lecture Hall farming and dumped points into Skill, and yep it raised Ludwigs dmg.