Bloodborne

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Also keep in mind that Ludwig's 1h is slash damage while the 2h is blunt. If you mostly use it 2h, consider using a high % +blunt gem.

HUH_sl

shitlord
So has the blade topped out (aside from the bump to +10 later), or will adding to Sk / Arc increase its damage? That R1 rating just seems really low for some reason.
Ludwig's Holy Blade is B/B scaling at +9 for Str/Skill. You should get pretty solid gains for leveling up Skill to the softcap (25). Arcane scaling does nothing unless you use a gem that changes the damage type to arcane.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Arcane also scales A at +10, so contrary to what was said above, Ludwig's is actually the best arcane/elemental weapon in the game. Keeping str/skill at base and raising arcane to 40+ is a perfectly viable option. Instead of having to carry around papers for elemental weaknesses (and dealing with buffs wearing off at the worst time), you just make yourself two Ludwig's and put fire in one hand and bolt in the other.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Arcane also scales A at +10, so contrary to what was said above, Ludwig's is actually the best arcane/elemental weapon in the game. Keeping str/skill at base and raising arcane to 40+ is a perfectly viable option. Instead of having to carry around papers for elemental weaknesses (and dealing with buffs wearing off at the worst time), you just make yourself two Ludwig's and put fire in one hand and bolt in the other.
Yes, it is viable for an arcane build. If you have your points allocated mainly to str/skill though, even with a good amount of points in arcane you will drastically reduce damage by switching to an element, since str/skill won't add damage at all with that build

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I made a new character to try to play it the way I feel they intended/designed the combat to play. I beat the game maxing out the first axe and pretty much played the whole game using a variety of spin-to-win scenarios (keeping blocking objects between me and the rapey thing). This might explain why I had such a hard time with the final few bosses as they're in completely open arenas and you gotta pretty much use quick attacks and duck out; no time to charge up the spin.

Anyway, I started with the threaded cane but moved on to saw spear when I found it. I've been trying to perfect my parrying and finding I'm generally pretty bad at it. Father G and BSB were on the easier side to parry, but it's so much easier to just keep the saw spear shortened and stun lock most things with the insanely fast R1 attack spam. However, this made the final boss of the depth 1 Pth chalice dungeon tricky (the giant flaming dog) as I could never reach his hind legs with my short ass weapon.

Anybody really good at parrying have some pro tips?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, add me to the Platinum Club.

As for parrying tips - depends on what - on human stuff it's almost always at the peak of their swing - for nonhuman, it's pretty random or at least no pattern I could discern, frankly just easier to dodge and joust them down.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea parrying quickly loses its luster outside central yarnham ogres/werewolves. Much easier to just chop everything to bits, as none of it really has enough HP to bother risking the parry.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I think I only parried two creatures in the whole game. Gehrman and the Martyr.

Everything else its easier and much more reliable to dodge in and out

Terial

Trakanon Raider
So I went to visit the clinic and accidentally attacked her through the door... She says to me "isn't it about time someone put you out if your misery". Then nothing and naturally she won't talk to me know....
How bad is this?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Doesn't really matter, just make sure
you don't let the whore get killed by the nun or you'll be proper fucked then

also when you meet the guy eating a pile of corpses...don't send him to the church

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Doesn't really matter, just make sure
you don't let the whore get killed by the nun or you'll be proper fucked then

also when you meet the guy eating a pile of corpses...don't send him to the church
the whore is still alive, how do i ensure her survival? She is sitting in the chair in the chapel right now

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
the whore is still alive, how do i ensure her survival? She is sitting in the chair in the chapel right now
don't take her blood if you have the nun also rescued in the church, she'll go insane and kill the whore. Or just murder the nun to be safe, she sucks anyway. Also don't send the cannibal to the church, he'll kill everyone

Terial

Trakanon Raider
don't take her blood if you have the nun also rescued in the church, she'll go insane and kill the whore. Or just murder the nun to be safe, she sucks anyway. Also don't send the cannibal to the church, he'll kill everyone
i have not taken her blood offering yet, but i don't have the nun in the chapel (unless she is the one telling me to bring everyone?) Since my recent killing of Vicar, most doors/windows just laigh with insanity when i knock, nobody talks anymore.
thanks again for the advice, wish i could go back and not smack the clinic girl

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
i have not taken her blood offering yet, but i don't have the nun in the chapel (unless she is the one telling me to bring everyone?) Since my recent killing of Vicar, most doors/windows just laigh with insanity when i knock, nobody talks anymore.
thanks again for the advice, wish i could go back and not smack the clinic girl
You wind up killing her in the end one way or another, so don't worry about it. She's a lying cunt.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Curious as to what weapon people are currently using?
I am currently still using the Saw Cleaver +6 with the Hunters Pistol

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Ludwigs holy blade +8
Or hunter axe.+6
Blunderbuss but never use it.

Last monsters I killed with parry were the two asshole guys with the crosses before Vicar, and that was like 5-6 bosses ago. Seems pointless to learn parry timing when everything dies so quick at a long range with Ludwigs.

I feel like I'm pretty overleveled at this point. Just 2 shot amygdala but completely skipped unseen village so I have to go back and kill paarl and the unseen one I think. Currently level 75.