Bloodborne

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Level 62 and wanting to explore a chalice dungeon or 2. Just beat Martyr Logarius but still havent gotten to the one reborn in the story. (Amy down also). Ive only done one of the static 3 section chalice dungeons so far and would love to try 1. Anyone available tomorrow around 6pm est? Lemme know.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As far as the Great Ones go, I'd give that title to Ebrietas. Rom was only slightly harder than Celestial Emissary, I one-shot both of them.

Ebrietas is fucking infuriating.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Really? I had absolutely no problem at all with Ebrietas. L1 blade of mercy > get right up in her business > sidestep > R1 > repeat forever. If she super whiffs something go crazy with a full r1 combo and it'll likely stun her. She never throws her bullshit magic if you're up close, so it's just a meat grinder of her swinging and you spamming blades of mercy.

Vorph

She absolutely does use the arcane shit while you're standing right on top of her. I've died to it about ten times because I can't see what she's doing with the camera unlocked, and I can't dodge around her fast enough if I lock it.

I'm using 1H Ludwig (+9) R2 for damage because she's weak to pierce and the 2H is too slow. Ran out of bolt paper about 30 attempts ago, so just using EPS for buff. No boss in any souls game has given me 1/10th of the trouble this fucking asshole has. Same thing happens pretty much every time: she eventually butts up against a wall and I start taking hits because I can't circle her anymore, so I run away to move her and fucking die trying to get back into position because she goes apeshit in P2.

Edit: Finally won. I switched to using 2H L2 on her head and got a lucky stagger at ~50%. Visceral, followed by charged R2 left her with a sliver of hp that I finished with a R1 before she could get up. I don't even want to think about what it's going to be like running into her in a chalice.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I died like 5 times to her using Ludwigs before I gave up on it and switched to my shitter enchanted blade of mercy. The sidestep > r1 move on it was so fast that I could keep moving enough to never really be at risk of getting hit by anything, especially when turning on old hunter bone for the 2nd phase.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Well I finally killed Eileen. Like many things in the series the fight weirdly and suddenly became a no-brainer. I just turned on the PS4, walked in there, and obliterated her. Strange. I'd upgraded to +10 from +9 so my damage was better but really I just grew a brain to dodge her attacks. I was about to finish off Gehrman when I remembered how to get to an item I'd never seen access to before. Turned out that was a key...to another two bosses. So that was pretty funny. The Giant Blue Mushroom Alien guy was a joke, but then the alien thing in the pool - Ebrietas it turns out - was a bit of a bitch. I never spoiler anything for my first run of these games so I thought it was pretty funny to find two extra bosses I could have totally missed. Killed Eb after 5-7 times or so and didn't find her too hard. Her attacks seemed pretty predictable and I was seemingly out of range both times she used that "bullshit magic" I see descried above. Luck? Skill? Who knows - thing is dead.

In NG+ (when I spoiler shit) I'll have to find out what that spider corpse / altar thing at the back is for...

What a great game.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
For resurrecting the chick in Cainhurst, I believe. But I sided with them and did not kill her.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Okay, finally got the nun and the whore both in the church. I've not killed Rorn yet (currently in the Forrest though)
I don't wanna fuck up this umbilicals thing since I alteady attacked clinic girl through the wall.

Do I take the nuns blood at this time and keep it with me? I have read so many wikis on this.
I'm just a bit confused on the baby, the bloods, Rorn, and when to kill clinic person. Any advice would be great! Thanks all

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
You can't fuck up the cords I think - there is 4 of them and you only need 3. I never even met the whore and still got the true ending.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah can, I did. Kill Iosefka before Rom and you won't get one, kill the dude at the Chapel and don't make it a safe spot and you can't get one, or also send them to the wrong spot / let the guy kill the prostitute before getting the cord... so there's a few ways.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Can anyone spoiler what steps you need to do/not do to get 3? If it could be lite on spoilers, just so I avoid certain things, that would be helpful

Vorph

Two cords aren't missable.

Third cord:
1. Send whore to chapel.
2a. If you want to use her blood: kill nun in gaol, send nun to clinic, or send nun to chapel, get her gesture, and then kill her.
2b. If you want to use nun blood: send nun to chapel, take her blood ONLY, play game normally until you kill Rom. At that point blood is no longer available and as long as the whore is still alive she should stay that way.
3. Complete Nightmare of Memsis and finish the whore's story stuff to get the cord.

Alternate third cord: Don't mess with Iosefka (meaning stay out of her room when using rear entrance, it's ok to loot the rest of the clinic) until after Rom is dead. You lose out on a rune doing this, however. Pretty useful one if you like parrying, but there's a superior version in chalice dungeons.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I got domed by Rom like 6 times? i was trying to yolo flamethrower him the entire time though lol

I regret not going as a strength build.. the cannon is insanely good
frown.png

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
So I beat amyg/martyr logarius and am up to the one reborn.....avoided 75% of the spoilers.....but in terms of the umbilical cord pieces, if I didnt kill the clinic lady yet and killed Rom, am I still able to get the piece? Pretty sure I entered her room but then left when she got all pissed off. Hoping I can still get the true ending

Vorph

So I beat amyg/martyr logarius and am up to the one reborn.....avoided 75% of the spoilers.....but in terms of the umbilical cord pieces, if I didnt kill the clinic lady yet and killed Rom, am I still able to get the piece? Pretty sure I entered her room but then left when she got all pissed off. Hoping I can still get the true ending
Not sure what happens if you aggro her and leave, but since you've killed Rom just go back and find out. Killing her at this point will either work or it won't, you can't change it either way.

There's still the last cord too, if you did that part correctly.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Who is the boss at the end of the forbidden woods?
also when is a good time to do the area where the bag people take you? I can farm it as it is now

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Who is the boss at the end of the forbidden woods?
also when is a good time to do the area where the bag people take you? I can farm it as it is now
The three shadows in answer to your first question, your second question I dunno. I mean the boss is kinda weird, I had trouble with him but a lot of others didn't, so if you can farm the zone its probably worth going ahead and giving the boss a shot. He's past the two bag men in the basement and down a little path carved into the foundations of the gaol.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Dammit. Eilieen died to the hunter on my second playthrough (I killed him, literally, 2 hits after she died). I see that I can get the weapon still but are there any trophies that are now missable as a result?