Bloodborne

wantonsoup_sl

shitlord
Do not use lock on targeting for Cleric Beast. Roll through him and attack after you dodge an attack.

The game really is all about memorizing move sets abs your reaction time.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I'll give that a try. I was using lock on with it. I was doing well but screwed up and that was my downfall. I think tonight I'll try and level a little and give Cleric Beast a go again tomorrow. It did feel pretty good to get it to 25% on the first try. I was not expecting that at all.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Finally started on Bloodborne a few days ago, and finished off Cleric Beast in two tries (Gascoigne was closer to 8-10) and yeah, the trick to Cleric Beast is not locking on; he's too big, and the arena's too small (although do lock on if you toss a molotov at him, then immediately un-lock). Other than that, it's just the standard Souls game tactic of "circle strafe, and stab in the ass."

And remember, you're under no obligation to actually kill the enemies on the way to the boss. Just take the unlocked shortcut to the bridge, sprint past the crows and the brick fucker, and you're invincible when passing through the fog door.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
No shame in grinding for some levels. If anything, you can also get extra blood vials/bullets too. Once you hit the 20 cap, anything over just goes in to your chest in the Hunter's Dream, so when you die they are put back in your character inventory when you awaken.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Pretty sure that I have grinded (ground?) my way to overleveling most encounters I'm every single souls game. I guess I just enjoy the grind in these games.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Pretty sure that I have grinded (ground?) my way to overleveling most encounters I'm every single souls game. I guess I just enjoy the grind in these games.
I was the same, I think I finished it at 100 or something, just one more level, just one more level, just one more level. I know I cheated myself out of some of the encounters as I ended up one shooting a few in the middle. But I just enjoyed spending those souls.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't see how levels really help you overlevel, all it does is give you more stats - bosses can still destroy even a high-levelled person.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Well I am just now going through DS2 SotFS blind. I am at soul level 107 and just one shot the scorpion girl boss with one Estus Flask use. While I love the games it doesn't seem like she should have been quite that easy. Hell, I one shot the Lost Sinner without lighting up the room. I don't even understand why it is needed?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Well I am just now going through DS2 SotFS blind. I am at soul level 107 and just one shot the scorpion girl boss with one Estus Flask use. While I love the games it doesn't seem like she should have been quite that easy. Hell, I one shot the Lost Sinner without lighting up the room. I don't even understand why it is needed?
The Fume Knight awaits in the 2nd DLC.....

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You'll find out when you fight the Lost Sinner in NG+

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I don't see how levels really help you overlevel, all it does is give you more stats - bosses can still destroy even a high-levelled person.
Levels mean significantly more in BB than in Dark Souls. Get hit by something, then level 3 times and get hit by the same thing. You get a passive boost to defense each sLevel and it's definitely noticeable.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Also if you play Bloodborne before DkS2 you'll absolutely destroy DkS2. I beat it before playing BB and had a rough time, after playing BB I was just super aggressive and the game is easy. I don't know if it would be different if I hadn't already beaten DkS2, but to me the bosses felt much weaker than BB bosses (less HP, easier to dodge).

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I had a similar experience. I beat Bloodborne and then played the rerelease of DS2 and destroyed it. Fume Knight was my only road block, but that's because he has like 30 different moves and three phases.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Platinum get... fuck that defiled chalice ended up cheesing Watchdog fuck that 1 shot rush, Amygdala wasn't bad don't move when he jumps!

Interesting note though sense I ended up doing all my Chalice stuff at the end of New Game+ the only reason I had to go to Ailing Loran chalice was to nab the Beast Claws, could buy Bastards of Loran from insight dealer, never had to touch the Isz chalice.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Got to Father Gas-whatever and got him to about 10%. I missed a visceral attack which may have been enough to give me the kill. Moves so goddamn fast sheesh! All out of bullets and blood so I need to farm some up but done for now. I am finally enjoying the game though. :p

edit: Loaded back up and Father Gascoigne is down.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm on NG+ and have never done a chalice dungeon.

I also have no idea what I'm doing honestly.