Bloodborne

wantonsoup_sl

shitlord
I still found the axe useful for some encounters. I guess I just played well with that move set. The spin attack would often cause enemies to charge at you while you charged for the swing. The second hit would knock down a lot of different enemies.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
You'll get two choices when you speak with Gehrman (and a "secret" third choice if you have at least three umbilical cords). Eventually all three choices will start you in new game plus so if you want to get any achievements or high end blood gems I would wait to speak with him.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just beat the Wet Nurse, seemed easier than the others for sure. Should I talk to Gwhrman or explore more and level? I've not done a single ritual chalice
When your hub town in any game makes a drastic transformation the next likely event is the end of the game. Leave Gehrman alone until you're ready for that.

Cool, thx for the input. Figured I would do some more exploring before engaging Gehrman. Starting chalice dungeons, done central/reg Pthumeru. Gonna cop DLC this weekend, been loving this shit

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Been doing the chalice dungeons for few days now, and the things are a fucking slog. But I want to collect all the weapons on this character, which means through about half the dungeons. Thankfully, I'm nearly done; I want to finish off the last boss in Lower Pthumeru, for the sake of completeness, and then I can finally do the dungeon the fucking weapon's actually in. Then I never have to touch these things again...until I decide I want the achievement for killing the final chalice dungeon boss, which I probably will at some point. Damn it.

Fedor

<Banned>
Cool, thx for the input. Figured I would do some more exploring before engaging Gehrman. Starting chalice dungeons, done central/reg Pthumeru. Gonna cop DLC this weekend, been loving this shit
You're basically at the end so you should read up on any bosses you might have missed.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So I never played a Souls game before this(I played maybe a couple hours of Demon's Souls years ago). Is Bloodborne harder/easier or just different?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Lower chalice dungeons definitely suck, especially once you start adding offerings like putrid, cursed, defiled.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I've hit a wall with the chalice dungeons for now. I could probably beat the Bloodletting Beast on a good run, but I don't have the patience for it now, and after poking my head into the Loran chalice dungeon, I can tell I'm going to get my shit pushed in well before I reach the beast claw.

I might try coming back to it before I hit the Nightmare of Mensis; I may have leveled up enough by then.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah IMO the later chalice dungeons are end game content, right before you fight the last boss. You could even wait for NG+, since chalice dungeons aren't changed by your game progression I think.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
If all you're interested is are the weapons, then just have someone summon you in into their chalice dungeon. You can get all of them (Lost, etc.) EXCEPT for thenormalBeastClaw.