Bloodborne

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I used blunderbuss pretty much the entire game.

I think if it came to PC I'd do some exotic weapon run like Rifle Spear. Much luv to my Tonnitrus and Axe though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Martyr Logarius is fucking ridiculous. I'm getting too old for this shit.
He is a real cock the first time. Easiest for me was my second play through since I was a skill build and learned to parry most of the bosses. He is easily beaten with parrying.

Also firearm type is a matter of preference. The parry window is totally different for the two types. I always used the pistol because I prefer the earlier parry window. The blunderbus required waiting a bit and I never got the timing right.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
He is a real cock the first time. Easiest for me was my second play through since I was a skill build and learned to parry most of the bosses. He is easily beaten with parrying.

Also firearm type is a matter of preference. The parry window is totally different for the two types. I always used the pistol because I prefer the earlier parry window. The blunderbus required waiting a bit and I never got the timing right.
Has anyone tried summoning another player for help? I read that's not always..helpful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Has anyone tried summoning another player for help? I read that's not always..helpful.
You can. It adds to the bosses health though. If they know what they are doing it will help alot. If not it will make it harder.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I almost had this faggot beat , ~10% HP remaining and of course you get excited, rush a bit and then get obliterated in seconds.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Think he's optional so you can always come back after you've leveled up a bit. Last playthrough I forgot all about him to almost the end and was able to brute force him first try without really remembering his mechanics

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Think he's optional so you can always come back after you've leveled up a bit. Last playthrough I forgot all about him to almost the end and was able to brute force him first try without really remembering his mechanics
What level were you? I'm 77. And I did watch another boss guide that suggested doing him at 80+.

Truth be told, I'm following a YouTube "n00b" walk-through and the dude is taking me to Cainhurst and doing this boss (and that player is level 60 at the time). I'm not sure if it's pertinent to some story element by doing Logarius now versus later?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I almost had this faggot beat , ~10% HP remaining and of course you get excited, rush a bit and then get obliterated in seconds.
Finally beat the fucker (Martyr Logarius). I spent some time leveling up to 80. Actually, wasn't that bad at that point. Beat him first try after pausing to level up a bit. I think the "n00b" guide took me there way earlier than was ideal.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Martyr Logarius is one of the few bosses that I remember giving me serious grief the 3 or so times I played this game. At least he's skippable, not that anyone should. The other fight that gave me a lot of trouble was Rom the Vacuous Spider.

There were a couple more tough fights in the chalice dungeons which are completely optional and only worth doing if you really want to mine more fights out of the game. There was one giant flaming wolf boss in the chalice dungeons that gave me more trouble than ANY other fight in the base game or DLC, even Martyr and Ron.

As for the weapons, I never did a run using Kirkhammer or Whirligig. Whenever we get the inevitable PS5 version I'll try a Kirkhammer run. The first time I played this, I picked the axe since it hit the hardest. Everything was killing me due to being so slow. It was my first exposure to Soulsborne so I was trying to play it like a regular attack-spam type of game and it just wasn't working. I kept getting flanked and that would be it. So after a couple hours with no progress I gave up on the game and thought it was a POS. Turns out I was just approaching it completely wrong due to the lack of Souls knowledge.

In any case, I was going to sell it but ended up reading some info, like the cane being the best weapon for beginners due to the AoE crowd control mode. I started over with that, and actually made progress finally. Once I was able to get some survivability, I switched to the Saw Spear, then later the Tonitrus for the rest. I'd say Tonitrus is my second-favorite weapon, right behind the Blades of Mercy which I got in NG+ and used for all successive playthroughs (finally had the speed to spam attacks). Also used Ludwig sword quite a bit once the DLC was out.

That means there are a ton of weapons that I never got to check out. I can't wait to revisit this. I also didn't understand what Arcane or Bloodtinge did, and still don't. So there's still a lot to play around with. What a tremendous game. Best of the gen, IMO (but I haven't played DkS3 yet).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Rajaah Rajaah there is only a few weapons to build around bloodtinge but it is crazy how much damage you start doing with guns once you invest. You go from chip damage and only using to parry to cheesing a ton of mobs if you want to.
Tont is S tier for Bloodborne, almost as good as prenerf whirly.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Rajaah Rajaah there is only a few weapons to build around bloodtinge but it is crazy how much damage you start doing with guns once you invest. You go from chip damage and only using to parry to cheesing a ton of mobs if you want to.
Tont is S tier for Bloodborne, almost as good as prenerf whirly.

So Bloodtinge is mainly for gun damage and Arcane is mainly for....? When I first played it and saw that stat, I thought the game had spells. It has some spell-like items but that can't be the only benefit. Oh yeah, and Tonitrus I presume gets Arcane benefit when enchanted. I remember loading some points on Arcane late in that playthrough.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So Bloodtinge is mainly for gun damage and Arcane is mainly for....? When I first played it and saw that stat, I thought the game had spells. It has some spell-like items but that can't be the only benefit. Oh yeah, and Tonitrus I presume gets Arcane benefit when enchanted. I remember loading some points on Arcane late in that playthrough.
Spells, you might have missed them.