Bloodborne

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You guys are getting me all hot and bothered to replay this on PS5 once the remaster releases.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I started messing around with the chalice dungeons. When do these get difficult? First two have been a joke.
Ha...
To elaborate I am pretty good at these games and some chalice bosses can fuck right off.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah you'll eventually find those spider maidens a lot more and they're a PITA, also later bosses have insane health and can 1 shot pretty often. Wasn't very fun past like the 3rd or 4th chalice for me so i quit I think when I found the amygdalan that had an insane amount health.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Yeah you'll eventually find those spider maidens a lot more and they're a PITA, also later bosses have insane health and can 1 shot pretty often. Wasn't very fun past like the 3rd or 4th chalice for me so i quit I think when I found the amygdalan that had an insane amount health.
Eh, maybe I should stop while I'm ahead...

• 1Like

kroenen

Regimen Morum
I started messing around with the chalice dungeons. When do these get difficult? First two have been a joke.
You mean you cleared the first two out of three layers in Pthumeru Chalice, right ? That dungeon network is ranked as depth 1 in difficulty. It leads further down to 6 additional dungeons in the Pthumeru network spread out in a total of 16 layers. However you can't reach the lowest depth where the Queen resides until you get all the chalice items needed for the ritual. For that you have to venture into other dungeons outside the Pthumeru network. They are the Hintertomb ( 6 layers) , Loran (6 layers) and IsZ (3 layers) dungeon networks and rank from 3-5 in depth difficulty. If you are up for a challenge I would advice you to soldier on, it's worth it in the end and feels like a whole separate game.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Abhorrent Beast, down in the Chalice dungeon with the small arena made me stop my run. F that mob. =)

• 1Worf

kroenen

Regimen Morum
The Abhorrent Beast, down in the Chalice dungeon with the small arena made me stop my run. F that mob. =)
That's all the way down in Loran, sadly you have to face a second harder one in the lower Loran in the same small arena.

• 1Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
So is this Bloodborne remaster unsubstantiated rumor like it's been since forever or is there some actual proof somewhere? Trying not to get my hopes up for nothing.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Every thread bump gets my hopes up, but so far it's all just rumor. They'll do it, every suit at Sony is probably begging them every day because of the massive influx of cash it'll bring. My optimistic side says that they were so pleased how well Demon Souls remaster turned out they're going to for something similar for Bloodborne so it's actually at least on par visually with that project which it probably wouldn't be if they simply upped the resolution and frame rate.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
It's just rumors right now, nothing concrete...

and it's alot more work then just upping reso and frame rate(If you've seen any of the Bloodborne @60FPS that guy released the animations are complete fubar..)

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Not going to happen, I wish it would, but I would rather have BB2, after Elden Ring of course ;) Wonder if I'll still be alive.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Not going to happen, I wish it would, but I would rather have BB2, after Elden Ring of course ;) Wonder if I'll still be alive.
As far as I can tell, From hasn't developed any of their remasters, so I don't think it would impact Elden Ring. Dark Souls Remastered was developed by QLOC. Demons Souls was developed by BluePoint.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finished the gun-only run, took about 18 hours. That was super fun. Ammo conservation was the main thing. Had to use lots and lots of blood bullets, and I couldn't use melee attacks to recoup health lost from making them like you normally can.

The second half of the game was much, much easier than the first half, and only took a few hours. As in I spent something like 14 hours getting to Shadows of Yharnam and something like 4 hours doing everything after that. Once you have access to chalice dungeons and can level Bloodtinge to 50 and have the right buff items and a +6 Evelyn and so forth the game almost breaks. Once you have +10 Evelyn and the strongest bloodtinge gem from the right chalice, even the final battles were easy. Didn't do anything optional (except Amygdala by accident because I thought it was necessary) or any DLC. Just a straight "plow to the final boss without ever swinging a weapon" game. As I mentioned earlier, hardest part BY FAR was BSB, and the run would have been a couple hours shorter if I'd just farmed 10000 souls for that key and skipped it (if I'm remembering right that this is how it works).

Now I want to replay Souls 1 and 2...dunno which one I'll play first. Probably 2. Originally the order I played them in when I played them for the first time was BB->2->1 and Demon much later. So BB sorta makes me want to go right into playing Souls 2 just based on pure nostalgia. Want to try a build I've never tried before in that one too.

Last edited:

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Been wanting to replay this. I was waiting for the inevitable 60FPS PS5 remaster, but I found this video and it looks too interesting to not try:

That's right, a Gun-Only Playthrough. It looked fun and very different from what I did with the game already. I'm going to give this a shot (hee). I guess I'll save my next normal run for whenever the remaster happens.
One of my favorite YT channels. This guy's entire YouTube channel is awesome.

You guys are getting me all hot and bothered to replay this on PS5 once the remaster releases.
Man, I don't even need a remaster. Just give me a 60 fps patch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What? Never played DS3?
He’s waiting for 8k or something to play that one.

People always go "wot mate, why you haven't played DkS3". Soulsborne is my favorite series and I can only play them for the first time once. 3 is the only one left that I haven't played. And considering how much mileage I've gotten out of the others, I haven't needed to even move on from them yet. I'll probably play 3 when I have a better TV (planning on a significant upgrade in the near future) and when I'm less depressed.

One of my favorite YT channels. This guy's entire YouTube channel is awesome.

Man, I don't even need a remaster. Just give me a 60 fps patch.

Ymfah? Yeah, that channel is fucking great. His videos are a little long (30ish usually) for something that requires full attention to watch. But every so often I'll watch one and they're just rad videos. They also can inspire you to play these games in different, wacky ways, like the gun-only run I just did, or bow-only Dark Souls. He says it takes him about 120 hours to make each video which is nuts.

Member WildPie101? I member. He was doing the same kinds of Souls videos before Ymfah, but he dropped off the map and I don't think he even finished his Souls 1 series. Ymfah absolutely emulates his style (only modernized/improved) to the point that I wonder if they're the same person and he just started a newer channel for whatever reason.

• 1Like