Bloodline

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It definitely wasn't righteous. But at some point him being shit on by his family so he acts out just becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. I probably wouldn't do that in that same situation. But I can understand why Coach whacked him. He was definitely going to ruin the family business, at least 2 families, fuck up Meg's career, he was threatening John's kids, the dude seems like he wanted John to kill him. Right or wrong, pushing people makes them lash out and do crazy shit to defend themselves and their families.

iannis

Musty Nester
I expected this to be high production dreck. It is surprisingly good.

Good writing, but really good performances.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay got all caught up. End of season payoff can suck a dick. Seriously. There is absolutely no fucking way Kevin can come back from that and anything they do with it will be stupid as fuck.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Well they didn't really have anywhere else to go, something dramatic had to happen to keep everyone in the game. I just finished it up, everyone just seems determined to do the stupidest possible thing at every possible moment. Frustrating.

I still enjoyed it, less than the first season though.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Season was better than I expected due to hearing a lot of negative reviews. It did a good job with following up on Danny's murder, and I could see a couple more seasons being enjoyable if it continues to progress in a direction where the things they have to do to cover their asses continues to snowball. I'd compare it to being similar to Breaking Bad in that regard, just with a family slowly becoming evil instead of just one person, except this show ismuchmore of a slow burn.

There were a lot of parts that felt like they were really dragging their feet. Like the stuff with Danny's son really never ended up having any relevance to the main plot. It started off seeming like he knew something about Danny's death and was going to be a threat, but he mostly just became a mopey asshole. (Though, I have to say they did an amazing job casting someone that looks so much like Ben Mendelsohn.) Beau Bridges's character also never got much development beyond being a deus ex machina that solved everyone's financial problems.

Okay got all caught up. End of season payoff can suck a dick. Seriously. There is absolutely no fucking way Kevin can come back from that and anything they do with it will be stupid as fuck.
I'm wondering if they'll try to pin it on O'Bannon. As far as the sheriff knows, he's still the prime suspect in Danny's murder. He was only looking at John as being complicit in helping Danny in the hotel, because for some reason, Marco never shared his suspicions with the sheriff. And his investigation is mostly just for political reasons anyways.

But I'm also okay if Kevin isn't able to come back from this. Would be an interesting to have John try to use this as a scapegoat in Danny's murder. Kevin was coked up, has a temper, can't account for his whereabouts, and now is obviously capable of murder.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
halfway through season2 now.

show is losing me. Everyone is so unlikable. Kevin is so retarded its hard to watch. (im only just past the ditch sister, and give coke back to druglord part.. loling at you guys suggesting he gets even dumber.) douchebag son is such a douchebag, have to wonder why everyone is putting up with his shit at all, while his mom is getting the cold shoulder.

Ghost Danny is super annoying.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think they fucked up the second season. First season was so great because they pretty much wrapped everything up. Then I assume they got picked up for 2 more seasons, so season two of course has to be lol cliff hanger. Also agree this show is pretty much how to make the worst decisions about everything while also being the biggest scumbag family possible. Towards the last episode I was really hoping for the show being wrapped up by the family getting fucked, and then season three be a backstory about how the parents ended up with the inn, which sounded pretty interesting according told old man moneybags. That season could have ended with the daughters death and danny's beat down.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I wonder how they will continue to work Danny in for season 3. There's only so many flashbacks you can do.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
So my wife and I really enjoyed this show until like the last 3 episodes of the series. Unfortunate that they ended this series the way that they did. Anyone else in the same boat?

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I dropped out after the second season. The characters were fucking retarded and unbelievable.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So my wife and I really enjoyed this show until like the last 3 episodes of the series. Unfortunate that they ended this series the way that they did. Anyone else in the same boat?

Yeah. Fucking dumb. The court case buildup was great though.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I thought the court case was fucking hogwash. The entire defense strategy boiled down to "put the Rayburn family on trial" and it was dumb. I can get down with characters doing stupid things, humans do a lot of stupid things so that's believable. But I can't imagine any institution of law in this country that would have allowed that business.

Ending was weak. I'd rather they show something that let's us know that Nolan was getting out, that ambiguous ending thing rarely plays out well.