Blue Beetle (2023)

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah. Doom Patrol Cyborg is definitely the best Cyborg.

Aside from that I still don't take him as Blue Beetle. It's like they just NEEDED to recycle a name/concept. But they weren't able to really weave into the existing mythos, so they just decided to make a new character and make his Maguffin look like a scarab and be blue.

Overall though, they had "magic centric" Blue Beetle, then the Blue Beetle I read growing up (Ted Kord) who was a lot like a less mentally damaged version of Batman (rich, smart, gadgets..). Then they had to do "techno" version and we get this.

I still long for a Blue and Gold movie with Chris Pratt as Ted Kord/Blue Beetle, and either Jason Vanderbeek or maybe Anthony Starr as Booster Gold. Make that movie, let James Gunn go full metal James Gunn on it and bask in profits.
1680749053421.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Yeah. Doom Patrol Cyborg is definitely the best Cyborg.

Aside from that I still don't take him as Blue Beetle. It's like they just NEEDED to recycle a name/concept. But they weren't able to really weave into the existing mythos, so they just decided to make a new character and make his Maguffin look like a scarab and be blue.

Overall though, they had "magic centric" Blue Beetle, then the Blue Beetle I read growing up (Ted Kord) who was a lot like a less mentally damaged version of Batman (rich, smart, gadgets..). Then they had to do "techno" version and we get this.

I still long for a Blue and Gold movie with Chris Pratt as Ted Kord/Blue Beetle, and either Jason Vanderbeek or maybe Anthony Starr as Booster Gold. Make that movie, let James Gunn go full metal James Gunn on it and bask in profits.
View attachment 467619
Jaime was created in 2006. Infinite crisis.

he finds the scarab in #3. its the magic scarab.

Ted was created by Ditko in 1966.
Ted is definitely the most famous for Blue and Gold, JLI, Kevin Maguire, and DeMatteis and killing himself, in Countdown to Infinite crisis.

secret origins #2 in 86 finally justified Ted using the Blue beetle name.
ted was a student of Dans, and dan gets killed. Ted vows to honor him with his super genius.

So Jaime then uses the scarab to become blue beetle. Retconning the scarab to have not actually been Magic, but alien tech. its the SAME scarab.

(Ted is alive again)

so, Idk, Jaime is pretty well liked. yes, Ted and Booster in JlI, blue and gold.. and countdown, and its fallout is amazing. it leads into Boosters solo title. Which itself cements Booster gold as a top tier character. for movie story telling yeah. dc is fucked. to do it right, you need to start at the beginning. like having Max in WW. no you dumb fucks, you need to have Max in JLI for decades first...

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I really liked Booster Gold/BB in JLU cartoon. Pretty sure that character was Jaime too.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
New trailer. Better than the first, but I am still meh about it. It has the same tone as Shazam did. I just don't think it will do well at the box office. Even if this is supposedly going to be Gunnverse canon.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its going to bomb pretty hard, but it doesnt look like they spent a lot of money on it, so it will only be a minor flop.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pretty racist way to say Mexicans.

View attachment 482046
Feel like everything Ive been watching for the last 3 years has been nothing but "white people bad, minority good." I like the little mexican shit that is playing blue beetle, but only because it was from a show that wasnt trying to forsake its roots in order to be politically correct. Its like these studios have no end of money in sight to keep throwing after these fucking turds. Need a revolution in Hollywood something fierce.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Feel like everything Ive been watching for the last 3 years has been nothing but "white people bad, minority good." I like the little mexican shit that is playing blue beetle, but only because it was from a show that wasnt trying to forsake its roots in order to be politically correct. Its like these studios have no end of money in sight to keep throwing after these fucking turds. Need a revolution in Hollywood something fierce.
Jaime is a race swap though. Over the white Ted Kord. However, it was almost 18 years ago and he has been heavily promoted in the animated side for years as well.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
The best part of Blue Beatle was when he got annihilated and nearly killed by Doomsday in mere moments.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

yeah, I would have welcomed this 10 years ago. But now, I know everyone involved is a giant racist, and this only exist because they are giant racists, not because they like Jaime.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

2 weeks till release and boxoffice pro's prediction is still the same, $13m– $18m opening and $29m - $58m domestic. looking around and most every site has around the same numbers except screenrant, who think it could do $75m domestic and $200m worldwide. in may, screenrant thought it was going to do same a black adam, and do around $400m worldwide.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
whats the word on the Boomer Barometer for Blue Beetle?

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I can't believe this is part of the Gunn verse, did blackwoman kill off their tax write offs

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
After GOTG and Peacemaker, why would anyone think that Gunnverse will be anything but shit?

None of the source material is taken seriously. Its all a garish, neon colored pastiche thats trying to be as offensive as possible, with all the skill of a 10 year old who just learned his first cuss words.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users