BLUE EYE SAMURAI

kroenen

Regimen Morum
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 5 Votes
Title: BLUE EYE SAMURAI

Genre: Action & Adventure, Animation, Drama

First aired: 2023-11-03

Creator: Michael Green, Amber Noizumi

Cast: Maya Erskine, George Takei, Masi Oka, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, Brenda Song, Darren Barnet, Randall Park, Kenneth Branagh

Overview: Driven by a dream of revenge against those who made her an outcast in Edo-period Japan, a young warrior cuts a bloody path toward her destiny.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No date, but nice to know they are officially greenlighting S2 already.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Excellent entertainment! Compelling story, well written and interesting characters.

Immersion is broken a little by how often fatal wounds are not only survived, but almost immediately recovered from.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Wife and I are watching this now, a few eps in. Great production so far.

Immersion is broken a little

Having done some iaido, aikiken, kendo and fencing over the years...
the "girl swordsman" trope drives me nuts. A woman with a katana vs samurai would do about as well as women's vs men's basketball teams.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed It and will watch Season 2. It felt a little disjointed towards the last couple of episodes. Maybe my interest just waned. It looked good visually but there wasn’t anything ground breaking or unique other than it is accessible bc it is on Netflix.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
First episode almost perfectly crafted to draw you in. Animation is beautiful. Will definitely keep going.

• 1Like

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
This is not woke shit despite the female lead. This is brutal, rated-r, violent anime at its finest.

• 1Solidarity

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
You're welcome - that includes you too right?

Joining Welcome Home GIF

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is not woke shit despite the female lead. This is brutal, rated-r, violent anime at its finest.

Stand out episode for me was the brothel bloodbath.

when she let the young gang member live and then saw him again behind the barrel and speared him was so cold. They were clearly not trying to portray her as some likeable female role model.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Stand out episode for me was the brothel bloodbath.

when she let the young gang member live and then saw him again behind the barrel and speared him was so cold. They were clearly not trying to portray her as some likeable female role model.

Her just abandoning the princess and getting the weird meta shadow puppet payoff with the princess with black teeth at the Shoguns castle was just A+

Even the fight with the huge guy at the end was believable and awesome

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
This show is alright. If you can get past the first episode where the characters are all pretty annoying (especially the main), you'll be fine.

Although the story seems to get clunky around the 7th episode. It feels like they decided to avoid wrapping up a couple sub-plots just to save some material for the 2nd season.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database