Bluegrass Thread

iannis

Musty Nester
That's how you unhipster a hipster.

Introduce them to bluegrass and wait 3 years.

The early dead, really early like American Beauty early, were kinda hipsterish themselves. They quickly outgrew it.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
What's the problem with that?

Sick of seeing stickers on their banjos saying "this machine kills fascists". I choose to play music my grandparents parents played and while I certainly don't pretend to know anyone's background it just comes off as very inauthentic coming them.

iannis iannis , that's the problem with clawhammer banjo and folk music, it's right up their alley.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Weird I never got an email from Relix about this, normally I do

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
These guys are pretty indie and hipster, but they have some solid bluegrass tunes.

• 1Like

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Good live set of The Steeldrivers before they changed lead singer. He's on the first two albums.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I ended up missing this, how was it?

King only sat in for two songs which was a bit of a bummer, but the show was fantastic. Billy Strings is experimenting even more with distortion pedals with his acoustic. Getting wild feedback sounds and such. Some of the jams get really psychedelic - even more than before.

Streamers could also join a Zoom and some true wooks were sharing their video with the home light rig setups and dancing around. It was kinda funny.

• 1Like

Jais

Trakanon Raider

I grew up in the same county as Earl Scruggs. He played a local show before his death and I drug the then girlfriend to it, we were the youngest in the audience by 30 years. Fiddle and banjo is just the best.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Sturgill Simpson has gone full old school country and bluegrass with his two latest albums and I'm for it. And Sierra Hull on the mando is a babe.