Bluegrass Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

iannis

Musty Nester
That's how you unhipster a hipster.

Introduce them to bluegrass and wait 3 years.

The early dead, really early like American Beauty early, were kinda hipsterish themselves. They quickly outgrew it.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
What's the problem with that?

Sick of seeing stickers on their banjos saying "this machine kills fascists". I choose to play music my grandparents parents played and while I certainly don't pretend to know anyone's background it just comes off as very inauthentic coming them.

iannis iannis , that's the problem with clawhammer banjo and folk music, it's right up their alley.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Weird I never got an email from Relix about this, normally I do

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
These guys are pretty indie and hipster, but they have some solid bluegrass tunes.

• 1Like

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Good live set of The Steeldrivers before they changed lead singer. He's on the first two albums.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I ended up missing this, how was it?

King only sat in for two songs which was a bit of a bummer, but the show was fantastic. Billy Strings is experimenting even more with distortion pedals with his acoustic. Getting wild feedback sounds and such. Some of the jams get really psychedelic - even more than before.

Streamers could also join a Zoom and some true wooks were sharing their video with the home light rig setups and dancing around. It was kinda funny.

• 1Like

Jais

Trakanon Raider

I grew up in the same county as Earl Scruggs. He played a local show before his death and I drug the then girlfriend to it, we were the youngest in the audience by 30 years. Fiddle and banjo is just the best.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Sturgill Simpson has gone full old school country and bluegrass with his two latest albums and I'm for it. And Sierra Hull on the mando is a babe.