Bluegrass Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I searched and could not find one so here we go. I am new to the Bluegrass scene and all that I know is from what I hear on SiriusXM Bluegrass junction. Some of my favorites so far...

I know its a remake but love it all the same

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Bit country / bluegrass. And the new Gaslighter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When I was a kid we used to go to a bluegrass festival in CO every summer. This album was the first thing we would listen to on the way. And a couple others that I remember.

Old and in the way.

Strength in Numbers - Sam Bush, Mark O'conner, Bela Fleck all members were established bluegrass musicians in their own right.

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
My favorite. Damn that’s some fine violin.

• 1Solidarity

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Find a woman that looks at you like Molly Tuttle looks at Billy Strings.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There isn't many options if at all for Bluegrass up here in Canada, and it would be a hard sell to get my wife/kids to see anything remotely close in the US. Maybe I will wear them down one day lol.

My favorites from John Hartford...

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Billy Strings is where it's at these days. Dude is blowing the F up. He's playing in venues 2-3x the size on each subsequent tour it seems. Dude can shred.

No bluegrass thread is complete without some Chris Thile.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I have a group of friends that follow several bluegrass bands around the country. They’re friends with them too and hold concerts at their house, hiring them privately. I’m not really into it like they are but the shows I’ve been to have been a good time.

The Infamous Stringdusters are their main one, the only other one I’ve heard and remember is The Wooks. Not sure which songs to link for you as I’m not into it but check those guys out if you haven’t.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Infamous Stringdusters are definitely solid. Greensky Bluegrass too. Also in the same jam band vein.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Managed to get to the Jeff Austin tribute show "What the Night Brings" a couple months ago. It was fucking great, I miss him, sucks he is gone.

Billy Strings is just awesome, will be here in Boulder in April.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Started getting into folk/old time/bluegrass when I started playing banjo as my "retired from the Army hobby". So my play list goes like Wu-Tang, Beastie Boys, Dock Boggs, The Dead South, The Strokes etc. /shrug

I'm more into old time music than bluegrass as that typically has more banjo players in the same style of play I'm trying to do though I have learned a few classic BG tunes like Salty Dog Blues etc.

There are also a number of hipsters into this scene, sadly.

• 1Like