Bluegrass Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Tony Rice ABSOLUTELY ripping it up.

And love Junior Brown's cover as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hillstomp is a phenomenal duet from Portland. Saw them open for Seasick Steve, and found them to have been the better act. High-energy and intimate shows at small venues.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Willing to travel anywhere in the world. Will kill myself if I don’t see live bluegrass this year

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I could see maybe some last minute end of the summer/fall stuff pending on the vaccine rollout. At some point we should hit a level of vaccination where events can happen with proof of being vaccinated, stuff like that I would hope.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I wouldn't bank on any festivals.

And they're already back at festivals in New Zealand.

Think they just registered a new case in the past 24 hours so maybe not for long.

Arbiter

Pelvic Sorcerer
<Silver Donator>
Since it is a 70's film, there are probably people who have never seen this scene in the movie Deliverance. The banjo player, Billy Redden, is obviously not playing the banjo, but he was chosen for the scene because of his particular looks, which was not being very kind to those people in that area. This scene highlights a good wholesome, loving, family movie,......I'm joking btw.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Still absolutely desperate to find shoulder to shoulder live music anywhere in the country. is dancing with strangers still banned everywhere in the US(in the world?)? is any place doing illegal underground shows. please halp

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Still absolutely desperate to find shoulder to shoulder live music anywhere in the country. is dancing with strangers still banned everywhere in the US(in the world?)? is any place doing illegal underground shows. please halp

Nashville was pretty fucking open when I was there in Sept/Oct. Bet it's even more open now.

I'm going to Charleston next month and heard the rules are extremely lax there too.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Not Bluegrass...more Old Timey.

If you're not familiar with banjo playing, what she does is called "Clawhammer" or "Frailing". A little of her voice goes a long way but her playing is virtuoso.