Board Games

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Those look cool. How is the game?

I really like it. It has class progression system like final fantasy tactics, over30 classes. As you level up you can keep One previous ability, so there is a lot of options and combos to try out. The combat is pretty cool, if you go quickly your ability is usually weak, but you have a lesser chance of being targeted.

On the down side, the guy who designed it is a complete failure. There are a lot of things like timing or special things that happen during a quest that the rule book doesn’t cover at all, so there is a lot of shot you come across where you really don’t know wtf his intent was and what you are supposed to do. Nothing I haven’t been able to just work around but he did a shit job.

His Kickstarter was an absolute failure as well. Very late and lots of people pointing out the mistakes in his rulebook and he just never responded. Took forever to get the game and had to pitch in more money cause he’s just dumb. It’s a shame because this could be an A+ game. His mechanics are great and it’s really fun.

I still love it despite all the flaws, just bummed knowing it will never get a proper rulebook or follow up expansions.

Pic of all the classes.
033E5963-C9C6-4846-A6CE-7325A71675FC.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Wingspan has a computer-version that has a demo out on Steam right now as part of their Summer Festival. The computer version seems super faithful to the game.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Wingspan has a computer-version that has a demo out on Steam right now as part of their Summer Festival. The computer version seems super faithful to the game.
The Wingspan DLC on Table Top simulator was worth the 6 bucks.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So, they've started the blogs/info-drip on the next Stegmaier game. "Time management" as a resource is uh, not something I've had particularly enjoyable experience with in boardgames while sober. Will be interesting to see how much rope the internet will give Jamey after Tapestry's messy belly-flop.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Depends, TIME Stories is amazing at time management but it's co-op. Legacy: Gears of Time did a good job for a competitive game. If it's more like time management like Unlock is, that could be a huge risk.

Stonemaier is really hit or miss with me. Wingspan and Viticulture were pretty cool, never played Charterstone. Everything else is kind of meh.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

faille

Molten Core Raider
Chartstone is ok. enjoyable enough experience but too unbalanced for my liking
If it's the sort of game you're interested in, try Rise of Queensdale instead.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chartstone is ok. enjoyable enough experience but too unbalanced for my liking
If it's the sort of game you're interested in, try Rise of Queensdale instead.
Legacy games seem cool to me because you do not know the best strats or the imbalance. Stonemaier doesn't seem to do awesome on balance so not shocked to hear it's not balanced.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They are putting out a Marvel version of Villainous BoardGameGeek

I thought Villainous was entertaining enough and maybe a Marvel version will entice people who were gunshy of Disney IP.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Been hitting the Heroes of Land See and Air pretty hard lately. Fun game, not perfect, but now that everyone knows the rules it flows nice and no one ever feels totally helpless. Also been sneaking in some games of Eclipse on occassion. And for people who loved Twilight Struggle but want more than two players and less complications, the Expanse game is really good to scratch that itch.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I've been getting tempted to start buying the shadows of brimstone stuff after playing it about a dozen sessions.

Taim

Trakanon Raider
I've been getting tempted to start buying the shadows of brimstone stuff after playing it about a dozen sessions.
I like Sword and Sorcery myself. Rules are a bit simpler than the average Descent clone. But thats just me.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Gen Con online is going on starting today so there's various livestreams and stuff going on. Chip Theory Games streaming now. They previewed the treasure chest storage thing, talked about the design process, flaws with cardboard, etc. Looks very nice, they ended up making it out of MDF and magnets. Ate into their profits but it looks fantastic. Seananigans Seananigans Hatorade Hatorade

Has some slick labels and chip dividers to organize everything too. Awesome showpiece for this game. With all the extra materials, weight, and cost it went from the $75 price point on Kickstarter to $120 (shipped) on their site lol

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
Yeah I'm psyched about that Trove Chest, despite it being just a storage item. Really glad they went above and beyond on it.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Hey I'm moving soon and need to sell a bunch of the extra copies from KS I have stocked up. Was going to put them up here for sale a couple days before I put them on FB. Can I do that here Amod Amod or do I need donor status to use the classified section?No big deal if that is the case.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Hey I'm moving soon and need to sell a bunch of the extra copies from KS I have stocked up. Was going to put them up here for sale a couple days before I put them on FB. Can I do that here Amod Amod or do I need donor status to use the classified section?No big deal if that is the case.

For the low price of a donation, you gain access to https://www.firesofheaven.org/forums/classifieds.48/, which is exactly what you need.

I would encourage you to try there, though the worst that would happen if you tried to sell it here would be being asked to stop.

• 1Solidarity

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I might be interested depending on what they are.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Just recently bought Brass Birmingham and Terra Mystica. After two plays I can say that Brass Birmingham is just fantastic.

We're playing Terra Mystica tonight for the first time with four of us. Pretty excited!

Qhue

Trump's Staff

Its amusing that Hasbro is running their 'lab' as a crowd funding enterprise, but I suppose it allows for more crazy moonshot ideas with expanded offerings so why not.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Its amusing that Hasbro is running their 'lab' as a crowd funding enterprise, but I suppose it allows for more crazy moonshot ideas with expanded offerings so why not.

Yes, yes, yes. Take my money please and thanks.