Board Games

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Oh wow, I played Doomtown back when it came out originally around the time of L5R and other such M:TG bandwagoners. I recall it being decently neat, with a cool theme.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Although I never played Doomtown I loved how they incorporated the poker deck suit and value. Didn't you play actual poker or something for combat or was it more of a original Star Wars CCG random value type thing?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
New Pathfinder ACG is enjoyable, looking forward to grabbing the Shadowrun one soon too.
Are you referring to Skull and Shackles? I was considering picking up Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords but all the reviews say S&S is better unless you prefer the theme of RotR more. Any opinion on that?

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
For those of you who like to play board games on your tablets let me save you the $5 and don't pick up Elder Signs by Fantasy Flight. That shit is horrible.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
For those of you who like to play board games on your tablets let me save you the $5 and don't pick up Elder Signs by Fantasy Flight. That shit is horrible.
I enjoyed the game actually. Its super hard, but really in line with Arkham Horror in that sense.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I didn't really have any issues with the Elder Sign mobile game. It's not super awesome, but it's a decent adaptation of the tabletop game.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are you referring to Skull and Shackles? I was considering picking up Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords but all the reviews say S&S is better unless you prefer the theme of RotR more. Any opinion on that?
The balance in S&S is better, no characters seem to be duds, but the new rules added are causing us to stumble a bit playing.

I think I prefer ROTR currently but they're both superb, just ROTR had learning curve on understanding which characters are to be avoided, S&S has one on the rules itself.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Any recommendations for decent games on tablet then? Android available preferrably.

Vaclav

I'll dissent from his opinion, Elder Signs in many ways is better than the real version on Android. But if it HAS to be pure to the original product it'll be a turn off.

had a ton of fun with my wife, buddy from college and his wife playing Settlers of Catan and Coup the other night

Settlers_Of_Catan_game_d2.gif

shopping

Getting that good sheep money all night playing Settlers!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
We've been playing a lot of card games lately, wish I remembered the names of them all. Coup and Hanabi are the ones that come to mind. Love Letters another, and some games that are an exact copy of that with a couple of wrinkles. Hanabi is frustrating because you can't look at your hand.

Oh, played my first game of Alien Encounters, uses the Legendary system. I hate the setup - just like the Marvel Legendary game, but overall enjoy the game and the wrinkles it adds to the system.

Played Dead of Winter last weekend, we like that game but everyone is so all over with their different objectives. I didn't really care because I was the traitor, but the humans do probably win 50-60% of the time.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Definitely wanting to get Dead of Winter, GoTY material right there. Also wanting to get Galaxy Trucker just because he building aspect would be really fun. My group has a couple engineers that would really go at so that adds more to the fun.

Vaclav

Yea, bumped into Dead of Winter on BGG by accident looking up a game a friend mentioned (Winter's Tale) - and it's definitely on my eventual buylist.

Shadows of Brimstone has my eye as well.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Oh, Lost Legacy was the other game we played. I also received my Conviction Kickstarter board game, haven't played yet because I have some mis-punched tokens that are being replaced.

Guess I could just rip off my friends game night reports he throws in our facebook group for how our nights went
tongue.png

Played Lost Legacy and Love Letter. Both games are very similar simple fast card games. Fun but not as strategic as Coup. Next was Hanabi and we scored really low. Then we played Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game. We used the Alien 3 set and all humans lost including the traitor. It seems like the coordinate mechanic could have been used more. Then we debated what next game we were going to play and ended up rolling a die. Ryan picked Dead of Winter. We voted to exile Walker and he ended up not being a traitor. Stephen was revealed as the traitor at the end. Walker and Stephen met their win conditions. Dead of Winter is a strange game as far as winning goes since every player has different win conditions. So you can end up with multiple winners and multiple losers that aren't necessarily based on teams. My issue is that my completing my sub objective doesn't optimally help me complete the main objective. I guess it is supposed to simulate the chaotic nature and selfishness of a zombie apocalypse.

Then another night:

2 weeks ago gaming night report. We first played Carcossonne on Walker's iPad mini. I somehow won scoring 80 something with 20 something attributed to one dude. I still haven't figured out scoring for Carcossonne. Then we played Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game. We used the Alien 1 card set and the humans handily won. We probably should play with a traitor in the future to make it challenging. Then we played the card game Hanabi. It's a pure cooperative memory game where you don't see your own hand but you see all the other players' hands. They give you clues to what is in your hand and you have to try and play the correct cards based on those clues. I really enjoyed it because it's kinda backwards from all other card games. Also played a couple games of Coup; Walker won once and so did I.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I need some new games. I love Settlers but everyone else is already bored with it because I keep winning.

I asked for Starcraft Risk for my birthday, plz wife plz

Gonna play the Firefly board game this weekend I think.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I got Dead of Winter on pre order. Looking forward to giving it a try.
Also curious to try zombicide which looks like it might be fun. I really like Last Night on Earth.

Played Resistance for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Really intense and awesome game.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
My buddies and I play a lot of Mage Wars. It really is a ton of fun but a game can last 3+ hours.

Vaclav

I got Dead of Winter on pre order. Looking forward to giving it a try.
Also curious to try zombicide which looks like it might be fun. I really like Last Night on Earth.

Played Resistance for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Really intense and awesome game.
Craaaaaaaap... Thought it was out already, was amped to buy it Monday.