Board Games

faille

Molten Core Raider
I played XCOM for the first time last night and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I was really skeptical about the app side of it, and still not sure if I like it, but the game experience itself was pretty awesome. Lots of intense moments, obviously during the timed phase, but also during resolves where it came down to a couple of critical dice rolling moments to pull off the victory. I like the different roles, and they all seem really distinct so you can get a different experience each time. Not sure if it makes my want to buy list, but I do want to play it again.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea, so unsure of the app element for my own list - definitely want to give it a try though when I see someone with it though. (Or knowing me, I'll grab it summertime because I've not seen someone get it yet... a month without $200 in gaming in some combination seems to never happen, hah)

On a less thematic side (since that's a common theme here) Scoville was good - not much I'd compare it closely to. Maybe Lords of Waterdeep? I got hosed bad though, had a great start - around 30 pts in the first few turns but stalled bad while others rolled slow and got all the big scores for 60-70 range.

Vaclav

Enjoying the heck out of Shadows of Brimstone nightly with the wife - but it's hilarious how little Flying Frog thought about storing it in it's own box. Demon thing (too lazy to check the name right now) has a good 2" more height than the box plus some of the map pieces not fitting in the box unless you ditch the plastic insert/etc.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Bought "Castles of the mad king Ludwig" and everyones been enjoying the hell out of it.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Played a game of Dead of Winter tonight, so much fun. I really wanted to drop all my plans and play another game. I can see why so many people were raving for this game and why its so hard to find.

Definitely going to be a staple at game nights.

Mountain Man_sl

shitlord
Recently got Cities and Knights for Catan. It definitely adds a lot of depth to the game. Explorers and Pirates will be the next addition.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Now that Explorers and Pirates is out for Catan hopefully you didn't bother to get Seafarers and Traders/Barbarians.

Original Catan + Knights + Explorers is a sweet game.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Final few hours for theConankickstarter talked about a page or two ago. Pricey but you get a lot with all the stretch goals that they have added. One word of warning for non US buyers is the shipping looks insane ranging from an extra 45 to 100 bucks.

faille

Molten Core Raider
My copy of Imperial Assault finally arrived. Holy fuck is there a lot of pieces. I'm going to have to plan out a serious storage solution to keep them all safe and make setup / pack up quicker.

Vaclav

My copy of Imperial Assault finally arrived. Holy fuck is there a lot of pieces. I'm going to have to plan out a serious storage solution to keep them all safe and make setup / pack up quicker.
Heh, wait till you see Shadows of Brimstone...

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Definitely would like to see some actual gameplay, but I am pretty hyped already.

Vaclav

Definitely would like to see some actual gameplay, but I am pretty hyped already.
Yea, I know it would go over well with my gaming group - got at least four people that dressed as Ghostbusters for this Halloween already, two of them fabbing costumes similar to the ones in the video for Venkman and Slimer from scratch - that's quite a bit of love.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Got Argent in last week, was a pretty fun take on the worker-placement paradigm. Hidden victory point system's a bit fiddly, though. "Workers that punch other workers off of their spaces" sounded broken as hell in the lead-up, but were fine in the actual game.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Battlefoam makes an Imperial Assault tray as well. One of my locals has it, things fit well
smile.png

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I love Battlefoam as I have used their stock and custom tray generator many of times for my DA and IG 40k armies but Jesus are they expensive and have horrible turn around time from order to receipt.

Vaclav

Battlefoam makes an Imperial Assault tray as well. One of my locals has it, things fit well
smile.png
I'm sure it does. They're just for miniature storage though, no? Not actually a full board game solution, right?