Board Games

Ratina

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My group finished Pandemic Legacy this friday (took us 5 sessions), totally worth the money even w/ no replay. 2 of us are probably going to buy it again and play it w/ a different group.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kingdom Death: Monster received today.... Holy crap.... so good.... (Figures will take forever though, proxying for now)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Week of Nov 8th Target in the US is B2G1 free on all board games. You wouldn't think it, but Target stocks some of the newer good games.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
33% off is about the same as just buying them at Coolstuff or similar places. If you buy frequently at Cool Stuff it's even better.

Vaclav

33% off is about the same as just buying them at Coolstuff or similar places. If you buy frequently at Cool Stuff it's even better.
As long as you hit $100 at a time to qualify for free shipping at least... CSI shipping can be horrendous and I'm only like 40 miles from their warehouse if you don't hit $100.

And man, KD:M minis are a pain to put together - but so damn gorgeous complete (although I do have a few mystery pieces for Prologue Survivor A [1 small sash bit] and The Butcher [4 heads/skulls] that I'm unsure of where they go so I've left aside for now)

Ran out of super glue, once I can hitch a ride (car took a shit on me yesterday, so it's living in the shop for a few days while we evaluate if it's worth keeping her alive or "Old Yeller'ing" her) I'll be starting on the Screaming Antelope... fun times... really looking forward to continuing our adventure with the wife tonight/tomorrow such a good game enough detail to explain the world mostly but not entirely so you fill in the rest... like Dark Souls in that regard...

faille

Molten Core Raider
My group finished Pandemic Legacy this friday (took us 5 sessions), totally worth the money even w/ no replay. 2 of us are probably going to buy it again and play it w/ a different group.
Started off my campaign last night, finally. Ended up playing 4 games until 1 am!
We got off to a cracker, winning the first 2 and should have won the third except we miscalculated. Finished off with another win. No doubt the shit hitting the is not far away.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So last year we started a pathfinder group, couple of us were into it hardcore and others just stopped showing. So we ended up ending it.

Well lately I've been hankering for it, and our local library did a tutorial on the game today. Took my brother in law and it was pretty awesome

So there's me, aged 31 bard, my brother in law is 22 and played a barbarian, then we had a 13, 11, and 8 year old filling out our party. The gm was also 11. They were all super mature for their age and the 8 year old made me impressed.

The one thing they all really lacked was a sense of focus, they all seemed to have add haha.

Anyways, it rekindled my love. Gotta get this shit going. So awesome.

Vaclav

Bought and read but not played yet. Not much variety to core set.

Looks like a good game once it expands though.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Started off my campaign last night, finally. Ended up playing 4 games until 1 am!
We got off to a cracker, winning the first 2 and should have won the third except we miscalculated. Finished off with another win. No doubt the shit hitting the is not far away.
Ok, shits starting to hit the fan in Jun, but still mostly going well!

Scored another copy for my birthday, and trying to work out how to setup another campaign. Got a group of friends that might be interested but it's a group of 5, which might break the game.

Ratina

Cool or corny? Frame something like this to put on the wall. Keep in mind the game room is decorated with other game stuff like miscut MTG sheets.

rrr_img_116655.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wife is obsessed with Catan, she plays it on her phone all day. I'd like to get one of the better expansions for Christmas for her (physical) . Which are the better ones?

Djay

Trakanon Raider
We finally got the group together for Pandemic Legacy last night. We lost both of the January games after winning a "practice" game...spoilers:

We played the first game and barely squeaked out a win. The game said the first encounter played like a standard game, so we didn't really pay attention and never mutated the virus after the 2nd epidemic. Whoops. We decided that was just a practice game and started over. Black overran our board early and when the virus mutated we had no chance. Loss. We missed two other new rules here that I didn't catch until after the 3rd game. We didn't increase spending or add bonuses to our characters. We lost the 3rd game as well...oh, and we didn't start adding the city collapsing markers until that 3rd game either. I figured it sorta evened out since we didn't give ourselves bonuses after we lost the first half of January, so we just rolled with it. So we're starting February with 4 bonuses and 8 funding after our 2 losses. I should have read through all the rules again before we started, but I just skimmed since people were being impatient about starting.
Anything else that we should be paying attention to? I'm a little confused about when to take stickers for rules out of the dossier. If we've done THAT right, the only one we should have is #19 or whatever it was that mutated black into being incurable. I'm assuming it will be really obvious when I have to add the rules to the rulebook.

I'll definitely re-read through the rules on my own before we play again, but figured I'd see if anyone else knows anything else obvious we could be missing. Our characters never were in a city during an outbreak that we could remember, so no scars.

faille

Molten Core Raider
We finally got the group together for Pandemic Legacy last night. We lost both of the January games after winning a "practice" game...spoilers:

We played the first game and barely squeaked out a win. The game said the first encounter played like a standard game, so we didn't really pay attention and never mutated the virus after the 2nd epidemic. Whoops. We decided that was just a practice game and started over. Black overran our board early and when the virus mutated we had no chance. Loss. We missed two other new rules here that I didn't catch until after the 3rd game. We didn't increase spending or add bonuses to our characters. We lost the 3rd game as well...oh, and we didn't start adding the city collapsing markers until that 3rd game either. I figured it sorta evened out since we didn't give ourselves bonuses after we lost the first half of January, so we just rolled with it. So we're starting February with 4 bonuses and 8 funding after our 2 losses. I should have read through all the rules again before we started, but I just skimmed since people were being impatient about starting.
Anything else that we should be paying attention to? I'm a little confused about when to take stickers for rules out of the dossier. If we've done THAT right, the only one we should have is #19 or whatever it was that mutated black into being incurable. I'm assuming it will be really obvious when I have to add the rules to the rulebook.

I'll definitely re-read through the rules on my own before we play again, but figured I'd see if anyone else knows anything else obvious we could be missing. Our characters never were in a city during an outbreak that we could remember, so no scars.
Some other changes that are easy to miss:
- Step 4 on the setup is on the right of the page so easy to miss it and do it last. But it's the infect cities step, which means you do that, then choose what characters to play, which bonus cards to include and which city to start at. Makes a difference seeing what's in store before picking characters and bonuses, etc.
- Researcher is slightly different in that she shares knowledge both ways now, so she can now take or be given any cards. Before she could only give out or other people take from her.
- you should be ok to read back through the cards you've already read from the legacy deck in order to see what needs to have been opened.

definitely worth reading over the rules when you have spare time to pick up any of the other small changes. They tend to blend in with the normal pandemic rules so easy to gloss over.

Ratina

There's a point that during setup the first city you drop 3 cubes in also gets a military base/permanent base sticker. We missed that one.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Played a few kickstarters last night.

Burgle Bros.-Burgle Bros. - Home
Fun 4 player heist game, have to reveal rooms on each level to open a safe and find the stairs, all while dodging a guard. 3 levels of this for the scenario we played. Played a couple of games and nearly beat it on the second. A lot of fun.

One Hit Kill-One Hit Kill Game
Kinda like playing rummy or something. Really quick game, though while our first lasted ~10 minutes the second lasted close to 45 because everyone understood better how to mess with everyone, lol. Basically you have 2 'weapons' and a hand of cards, every takes a turn doing one action until someone's action is to build their weapon and they win.

Bomb Squad Academy
Older Tasty Minstrel Games title that was a throw-in w/ the Bomb Squad Kickstarter that we didn't get to because we had so much fun with the other 3 games. A lot of fun, competitive game trying to eek out points by disarming a training bomb and trying not to be the one to set it off. Rinse and repeat 2 more times, add up score, done.

Mountain Man_sl

shitlord
My wife is obsessed with Catan, she plays it on her phone all day. I'd like to get one of the better expansions for Christmas for her (physical) . Which are the better ones?
Cities and Knights + Explorers and Pirates makes for an awesome game. Some of the elements from Cities and Knights aren't designed to work with Explorers and Pirates but if you just go on the Catan website they have a section on compatability of the expansions that explains everything.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Do you guys recommend buying Pandemic Legacy or the original? Never heard of it until reading in this thread and Amazon mentioned there was an original version.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Can anyone recommend a game similar to Hero Quest? Really loved that game as a kid and its no longer being made.