Board Games

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
wtf is in the game that makes it so damn expensive? Are the cards gold covered or something?
Well for starters the contents clock in around 27 lbs or so - and most of it is on high quality cardstock (settlement track is a bit chinsy - and the book isn't bound the best for how often it needs to be referenced though), unique artwork on almost every card, and around $200 in minis - based on what people have successfully sold the minis for second hand for those willing to just play with proxies of some sort.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
17ibs, tons of cards, and $200 (or more) in minis.

Such a great game, we assembled a friends dragon king expansion yesterday. Model is one of the most impressively large models i've seen. During the kickstarter it was a $25 add on, retail is expected to be $125.
rrr_img_128256.jpg

Vaclav

17ibs, tons of cards, and $200 (or more) in minis.

Such a great game, we assembled a friends dragon king expansion yesterday. Model is one of the most impressively large models i've seen. During the kickstarter it was a $25 add on, retail is expected to be $125.
rrr_img_128256.jpg
So looking forward (besides wallet-wise) to the expansions showing up on the web store.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Table Top simulator really does have an insane library, been using it to see what games I want to buy. Kingdom Death is on there too...

Vaclav

Table Top simulator really does have an insane library, been using it to see what games I want to buy. Kingdom Death is on there too...
Is it? I don't see it and creator's page says he removed it at Poots' request b/c Poots is petitioning them to do an official one...

faille

Molten Core Raider
I been getting into Flash Point Fire Rescue lately. Really great coop that doesn't seem to be as alpha gamer prone as Pandemic.
There's also a couple of fan made campaign guides to give it a bit more depth which I look forward to trying, but I'd love to see it given a full legacy treatment.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I've bought this to play with the family but haven't learned the rules yet. Is it pretty easy to pick up ?
Yep. The rules start with a beginner set up which is really straight forward. It's pretty much a tutorial version.
The expert setup introduces some advanced rules but they're modular, so you can add them one at a time to get used to them, which is what we're doing.
Probably the one flaw of the game is how much luck can swing things and in some situations there's nothing you can do about it. But that kinda mirrors real fires.

ps always save the cat!
wink.png

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, Flashpoint is a good co-op game. I personally prefer Pandemic/Forbidden Island just because of the themes, but if a friend wanted to play Flashpoint instead, I wouldn't balk. It has a bit of a learning curve, but not too bad since, like faille said, they have an introductory set-up that simplifies some things.

Evernothing

I find Flashpoint more fiddly than Pandemic/Forbidden Island.

So many pieces to adjust, and esoteric rules to do with Hot Spots or the hose on the truck.
I do enjoy it, though not as much as the other 2.

You co-op guys should try Dead Men Tell No Tales. It's like pirate pandemic, but there are some sweet differences between the two. Try to contain the fire on the boat that will limit movement and cause the boat to explode while hunting for treasure on the ship and fighting skeletons and deckhands along the way. It's pretty fun if you enjoy co-ops and the difficulty level I feel is about right. It's been a few games since we lost, but sometimes we gamble and have to fade the last card drawn to be able to win. We also haven't tried to up the difficulty in any way, as even the easiest setting can be challenging.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Dominion is a solid drafting game. There used to be an app you could download that gave you a "pod" of things that was balanced. We found that when you randomized it you would get some combos which would make certain cards useless or way too over the top.