Board Games

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
That one can be rough unless some one pulls soldier and or medic that can kill multiple zombies with one action.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Haha...I was typing on my phone, but yeah. It was Black Plague.
So, the issues we had started with a small one. I wanted to be the dwarf character and his first ability is "Starts With Hammer". But everyone starts with a weapon, so it doesn't make sense. We decided to give my character two hammers after not being able to find a clarification.

The second bigger issue was with all the Abominations. Apparently we started with all of the different versions of them and we got wiped out pretty fast as we kept drawing them way too frequently. We tried to find a rule for how many were supposed to be in there and couldn't. We eventually just made up our own rule on how we would handle it and cut it down to 6 Abomination cards instead of ~30. So we started off really well stomping everything and got to this area where when we knocked down the door, ~8 rooms spawned. Well, two of those cards were for the Abomination (I think we had the rat one) and he spawned next to us, then the next card activated him and he killed us before we could do anything. We were doing the beginning scenario if you're familiar with it.

I enjoyed the idea of the game, but the lack of clarity in that rule made the first play-through impossible. And then randomly getting killed because 2 abomination cards ended up within the same 8 spots on the second attempt sucked, too. In that second game we went from destroying everything (which wasn't challenging, probably because of the OP weapons you mentioned) to getting killed without having a chance to defend ourselves (which wasn't fun either).
Ah ok. We started with only the core set, so didn't have the abomination problem. There isn't a rule that I'm aware of for which cards to include, you can put in as many or as little abomination and necromancers that you want. I suggest trying again with just the original abomination. If you find it too easy you add another ones cards, or replace the original with a new one. The new ones are more brutal because they spawn at any difficulty level (other than blue) and have nastier movement/attacks/etc. if you insist on playing with the harder ones I suggest playing with more than 6 survivors. They really have it set up to be very flexible depending on how difficult you want the game to be.

The dwarf issue you had is in the rule book. You did it correctly.7 Deal the Starting Equipment as you see t amongst Survivors Zombicide: Black Plague is a cooperative game, so decide as a team Each Survivor starts the game with at least one card If a Survivor?s starting Skill lists any starting weapons, he receives those cards now, independent of the starting Equipment you?ve just distributed

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Ah ok. We started with only the core set, so didn't have the abomination problem. There isn't a rule that I'm aware of for which cards to include, you can put in as many or as little abomination and necromancers that you want. I suggest trying again with just the original abomination. If you find it too easy you add another ones cards, or replace the original with a new one. The new ones are more brutal because they spawn at any difficulty level (other than blue) and have nastier movement/attacks/etc. if you insist on playing with the harder ones I suggest playing with more than 6 survivors. They really have it set up to be very flexible depending on how difficult you want the game to be.

The dwarf issue you had is in the rule book. You did it correctly.7 Deal the Starting Equipment as you see t amongst Survivors Zombicide: Black Plague is a cooperative game, so decide as a team Each Survivor starts the game with at least one card If a Survivor's starting Skill lists any starting weapons, he receives those cards now, independent of the starting Equipment you've just distributed
Thanks. I'm leaning towards getting Massive Darkness, but probably will stay away from all of the add-ons.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks. I'm leaning towards getting Massive Darkness, but probably will stay away from all of the add-ons.
Understandable. I would definitely get the ZBP crossover though if you do. It's only $8, Kickstarter exclusive, and adds an insane amount of heroes and monsters to both games.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I was looking into that, but I'm seeing rumors that Zombicide Black Plague 2 will be going up on Kickstarter in Aug-Sep... Wondering if I should just wait at that point. Maybe all the stuff is compatible?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Little rule clarification needed on Dead of Winter

When a starvation token is placed into the food supply - the way the manual reads is that every turn there is a starvation token in the food supply you subtract 1 morale. It doesn't say there is any way to remove the starvation token.

Am I reading it correctly that every subsequent round would be a 1 morale deduction for the rest of the game (unless another starvation token was added). Is there any way to clear it?

Some people said online they only subtract the 1 if there isn't enough food again (while adding another token). But that seems wrong to me.

Were we doing it right?

Also, Dead of Winter is the only game in the last 5 or 6 years that EVERYONE has loved. I'd like to get more games in its style - survival, co-op, betrayal. We have The Resistance and no one liked it. I think they like the difficulty and length of founds and the amount we have to work together. Any games to look at?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Has your group played Battlestar Galactica?

For starvation, Google Fu led me to this:dead of winter - What to do with starvation tokens? - Board Card Games Stack Exchange

You keep the starvation tokens in the food supply for the rest of the game, however, they only cause you to lose morale when you don't have enough food that round.

For example, you don't have enough food this round and you add one starvation token to the food supply but keep the food that was already in there. This causes you to lose one morale. Two rounds later, you don't have enough food again, and you add a second starvation token. This causes you to lose two morale since there are now two starvation tokens in the food supply.
So looks like the tokens just track cumulative starvation, and indicate how much you lose when it's triggered.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ok we modified the rules and did that the second time, so that will work for us. The rulebook is a little vague on that area.

I was recommended to try BSG as well ,I'll look into it.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Picked up Sushi Go on a whim since it was on clearance at target for some reason. Fun game for the family and I enjoy the strategy side of it.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Picked up Sushi Go on a whim since it was on clearance at target for some reason. Fun game for the family and I enjoy the strategy side of it.
Sushi Go is one of my favorites, always fun to screw someone with the chopsticks at the end, heheh. And never neglect the puddings!!!!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Just fyi, for anyone who has Descent 2E but was maybe pining for a co-op campaign version, the new app (Road to Legend) with free full-length co-op campaign is pretty damn fantastic so far, IMO. The more you own, the more variation there is, and future campaigns will continue to be released that take (more)advantage of the variety afforded by expansions. Presumedly future campaigns will cost some nominal fee, but I can't imagine it will be much, considering how much this app is apparently driving sales of physical boxes.

It's on iOS, Android, Steam, and possibly other platforms. Basically anything really, with just those three.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Got a link to the campaign/story mode quote/etc? Can't find it at a quick glance.

Was popping by the thread to inform those looking for a KD:M reprint that KD:M reprint has been CONFIRMED to be in the works - although specifics TBA - and apparently some "as-is" copies with banged up boxes being put in the store soon.

Although if you're not a minis person, it's interesting to note that in the announcement the notes regarding GenCon seems to imply that there will be a "no minis" version coming as well...

News of Death - KDU#16 - KDM Reprint Confirmed!for the linkage.
Any idea when we can buy this? I would really like to get it.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Picked up the rick and morty parasite card game, not sure I can recommend for 2 players, 3-5 with "advanced" mode (social deduction-y) looks like fun though.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any idea when we can buy this? I would really like to get it.
It sounds like a while - only info I have is that same update - he's not super chatty about future plans. There was like a 2 day or something warning about "Hey, we're just going to sell the expansions at once rather than staggering them after all!" just a bit ago after all, heh.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Massive Darkness Kickstarter almost over. I'm pretty happy with the stretch goals that got unlocked. Some of the models are totally badass. I'm not a fan of all the Kickstarter exclusives as future players just miss out, but I'm glad I'm in on it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ss/description
Just came here to post this. 4 hours left. I backed and took the KS-exclusive Dice and Black Plague-crossover. Gonna keep the BP cards and give the MD cards to my friend that has BP, but is not getting this one. That sentence was confusing.

Anyway, wasn't going to get any other add-ons, but I had to grab the Hellephant. He just looks bad-ass and, if nothing else, I can use the miniature for a custom Blood Bowl team I'm creating. CMON better not let me down again!

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I grabbed the base, plus the BP crossover, plastic tokens, doors, lizardman troops, and ratmen troops. Honestly, the doors, rats, and lizards I just want for DnD.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Damn it...was constantly refreshing to get an Early Bird and someone beat me to it when it opened up in the last minute. Only $10, but it's the principle, damn it.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Massive Darkness Kickstarter almost over. I'm pretty happy with the stretch goals that got unlocked. Some of the models are totally badass. I'm not a fan of all the Kickstarter exclusives as future players just miss out, but I'm glad I'm in on it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ss/description
I supported this and found out I had a survey pending from like 2014 for Oh Hell lol. Yay.

I guess you can't buy the add-ons now that it has ended?