Board Games

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
With that Kingdom Death: Monster game (man, I wish I had managed to get into the KS), are the resin figures only for KS people? That pre-order looks like the hard plastic build-it-yourself sprue shit, which is vastly inferior from my experience. The resin figures would look fantastic, whereas the others would look... meh.
Half the coolness of it is the "build your own character" stuff - so they'd still need to be assembled for the majority of stuff even if that theory has any weight.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Finally got a chance to play a friend's copy of Viticulture. Really enjoyed it, and would still be looking forward to buying it myself if they hadn't just announced a new edition that combines some of the best parts of the expansion into the base set, but not all the parts I'm interested in. So now I'm torn between waiting for that version, knowing that I might still need to buy an expansion at some point, or just going with buying the base and expansion now, which is a tad on the pricey side.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
The Pathfinder Adventure Card Game has game to game characters if you play campaign mode. It's a surprisingly deep game and plays well from 1-6 players. The first set is the lowest of the difficulties and they kind of ramp up as you go. Each set has 6 adventure packs (one comes in the base box) and several other parts like class packs.

It also has a never ending mode where you keep your character for forever like a d and d campaign. Paizo puts out adventures for that every month or two. You can bring your deck and play at conventions and shit in official Paizo events.

All the stuff they sell can get confusing so if the game is interesting to you and you don't get which stuff is needed and which is optional let me know.

Vaclav

The Pathfinder Adventure Card Game has game to game characters if you play campaign mode. It's a surprisingly deep game and plays well from 1-6 players. The first set is the lowest of the difficulties and they kind of ramp up as you go. Each set has 6 adventure packs (one comes in the base box) and several other parts like class packs.

It also has a never ending mode where you keep your character for forever like a d and d campaign. Paizo puts out adventures for that every month or two. You can bring your deck and play at conventions and shit in official Paizo events.

All the stuff they sell can get confusing so if the game is interesting to you and you don't get which stuff is needed and which is optional let me know.
PACG added an endless mode? What product is that added in or where's a PDF on the rules?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
PACG added an endless mode? What product is that added in or where's a PDF on the rules?
Adding a +1 to this question. Me and some guys at work finished all 6 adventures on lunch hours over a few months and were itching to use our now-overpowered characters in harder content.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Wrath is the most difficult of the base boxes. Other then that click the link I already posted. The seasons were explained to me as an endless mode where you keep grinding up and tuning a character.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
Played Carcassonne at PAX and loved it. That was my first venture into tabletop other than classic family stuff. I saw Last Night on Earth and it looked interesting. Mice and Mystics looks awesome, reminds me of the Redwall book series. I bought Carcassonne and my 9 year old can play too. That's all I've got to add!

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Carcassonne is one of the best tile laying games ever made. There's a ton of strategy in it but it is by far the simplest to teach, especially to younger people. I don't remember any of the expansions not being worth it. If you want to move on up through games, the Carcassonne dice game is fun and could bridge your 9 year old in to some of the more complex dice games
smile.png

Last night on earth is sort of fun. One person plays the zombies and everyone else plays heroes. The zombie person doesn't really make all that many decisions though so it can get boring for that person. Flying Frog puts out probably the best components in the business though.

Vaclav

This is a board game that will never get any cheaper than 275.00
And after hemming and hawing for about a week, I gave in - it looks too good to not get. $43 shipping too and it's just down the coast from him. ><

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Picked up Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn, plays pretty well as a boxed game. The suggested decks have some pretty lop-sided matchups, but the multiplayer seemed to work fine.

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_109778.jpg

Just finished my game table build last night. Its so hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh! Now to acquire more games and friends that play said games!

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Recently picked up The Castles of Mad King Ludwig and Medina. Both amazing games I'd recommend to you folks especially Medina for it's super pure rules.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Recently picked up The Castles of Mad King Ludwig and Medina. Both amazing games I'd recommend to you folks especially Medina for it's super pure rules.
Grabbed Castles myself having played it plenty of times already and also owning Suburbia. I find it just that more relaxing to play than suburbia that I decided its worth having also. Still undecided about whether I'll get the expansion though. Probably depend how much I can get it for.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
While I was at NOVA I grabbed Tides of Time and Xenoshyft.

Tides of Time - This might be the best two player game I have found yet. Each card has a VP condition on it and a suit. You deal out 5 cards to each player and draft as normal (pick one and pass your hand). After your draft is finished, you tally points, choose one card to keep for forever, choose one card to eliminate from the game, shuffle your other three cards in to the deck and deal 5 more. You play 3 rounds (which gets every card in the box in to play) and the winner is he who has the most VP's. It's a really slick game with lots of hate drafting and strategy.

Xenoshyft - Pretty standard deck builder. It's 100% co-op. I like how you can use cards from your deck to add to a friends deck. Basically you spend a buying phase getting troops and equipment. After that phase you each get dealt 4 monsters. Any monsters you don't defeat attack your base. If your base goes to 0 hit points you lose. It has a cool money mechanic in it where you cna trade up money from your discard pile to the next value. Each turn you just get money in to your hand for free. Wasting turns buying gold like in Dominion are gone and that's a good thing. I never felt like in the co-op that one player had to drive the bus, everyone kind of made their own decisions. Overall it was a really fun game!

Vaclav

rrr_img_109778.jpg

Just finished my game table build last night. Its so hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh! Now to acquire more games and friends that play said games!
My buddy Tony builds some himself - doesn't do anything quite that crazy with the legs though, what did you use for them?

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Believe it not this was only my 2nd woodworking project ever. I'll attach the plans I took and modified to get the pedestal look I currently have.

Ana White | Build a Triple Pedestal Farmhouse Bench | Free and Easy DIY Project and Furniture Plans

Changed the top to 4'x6'. The game surface is 4mm navy blue neoprene from foamorder.com. Under the neoprene is a piece of thrifty white panel board to use as a wet/dry erase board in certain games or circumstances. Table is 31'' tall, right around the appropriate height for dining room chairs.

Vaclav

The neoprene doesn't have any slickness to it like a wetsuit? Used to using felt, prices don't seem far off from felt, but unsure why you'd go neoprene over felt? (More spill resistant?)

And that table plan is gorgeous - have any idea what the parts cost ended up running?