Board Games

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Played Hallertau for the first time last boardgame night. Was pretty much what we expected from the creator. Seemed like a solid core with decent replayability, but if you're the kind of person who prefers strategic focus (different faction abilities, different end goals) vs tactical focus (playing to current board state, adapting to new minor short term goals on the fly) it probably won't hold your attention. Also has the issue most "different decks of cards that do things" games have, that the internal balance of the individual cards is sacrificed for the sake of variety. You'll see cards with the same rewards for wildly different (higher/lower) costs. Really enjoyed the game, but I'd probably still rather play Agricola.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The FH comments section is getting blown up. What a dumbfuck.

I truly hope thousands of people cancel

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Hope so but probably not enough to really matter. Board gaming is mostly a bunch of nerds and rejects and they love this kind of woke bullshit. Would be hilarious if they guilt him into pulling the original GH due to all these harmful things his consultant is guilting him about. Can tell Childres is a virtue signaling champion. Saw someone call him a virtue paladin in the comments lmao

• 1Like

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

Wouldn't count on it. The thread on the Gloomhaven subreddit is absolute aids to read. I had to stop going there because of the insufferability of the vocal minority.

The good news is that Gloomhaven's weak spot has always been the story. I just wont read your woke bullshit intros anymore and it shouldn't matter. The scenario goal is always "kill shit" anyway.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
It makes me want to pick up a couple games that are primarily big busted women killing everything. I find it pretty funny they never say anything about the men with ridiculous bodies and impractical armor. I take one furry skin to cover my crotch thanks. I need to take time off killing orcs to hit the gym.

• 1Picard

Maxnome

Molten Core Raider
Stonemaier Games is hiring a cultural consultant as well. Jameys been virtue signaling for a while with ACLU and BIPOC stuff. IMO his last two games have been bad, so nothing of value will be lost.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Tiresome

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Requested my refund as well. Pretty funny with the timing on this because I got home from work today and my pledge for Middara was here, and when my wife asked me what the game was I said "Think a less punishing Kingdom Death Monster, with anime titties." I then proceeded to tell her that's its fucking nice to get a game that looks like its going to just be over the top, ninja superpowers, everyone in a g-string, unabashed nonsense.

I'm just not interested in playing a game as a gender fluid fantasy humanitarian who goes to rescue the princess from trolls, only to find out that eating her is part of their religious ceremony and I need to apologize and give them my gold after listening to a speech about how inherently racist I am.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Requested my refund as well. Pretty funny with the timing on this because I got home from work today and my pledge for Middara was here, and when my wife asked me what the game was I said "Think a less punishing Kingdom Death Monster, with anime titties." I then proceeded to tell her that's its fucking nice to get a game that looks like its going to just be over the top, ninja superpowers, everyone in a g-string, unabashed nonsense.

I'm just not interested in playing a game as a gender fluid fantasy humanitarian who goes to rescue the princess from trolls, only to find out that eating her is part of their religious ceremony and I need to apologize and give them my gold after listening to a speech about how inherently racist I am.

Let me know how Middara is, I’ve been curious about it.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I want to play Middara, no room for more stuff though. Need more friends that game :(

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
No idea if this means Too Many Bones is getting a video game or if they some how incorporating a boardgame but could be cool.
DC24C92F-EFD9-45DA-BE32-33BBCB45D7BA.jpeg

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
These went live for anyone that was interested.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
These went live for anyone that was interested.

I feel like being an incomplete set (no treant spirits) makes it a no-go. I'd have considered it if it had everything.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
No idea if this means Too Many Bones is getting a video game or if they some how incorporating a boardgame but could be cool. View attachment 354722

Wasn't this related to Hoplomachus or something? The hexes in the background imply something other than TMB, to me. I don't know much about that one, but I believe it's played on a hex board.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't this related to Hoplomachus or something? The hexes in the background imply something other than TMB, to me. I don't know much about that one, but I believe it's played on a hex board.

They apparently got the license to make an Elder Scrolls game, if you've ever played the computer game before. It's basically like an open world RPG. It's one of the most popular I would say. Skyrim was a huge hit, and that was the latest release, being years ago. Others like Morrowind did very well. They also have an Elder Scrolls MMO.

I'm excited to see what they do with it.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Probably a surprise or stretch goal for the one finishing today.

• 2Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
They apparently got the license to make an Elder Scrolls game, if you've ever played the computer game before. It's basically like an open world RPG. It's one of the most popular I would say. Skyrim was a huge hit, and that was the latest release, being years ago. Others like Morrowind did very well. They also have an Elder Scrolls MMO.

I'm excited to see what they do with it.

Well of course I’ve played Elder Scrolls games, dating back to Arena!

Its been awhile though. I guess that symbol is from ES games? I don’t recall. An ES themed game would be kinda neat maybe. TMB was cool enough for me to be quite interested in their future stuff.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Today is crunchy euro game day at our house. Hans Tutanica, Scythe, and Birmingham Brass are all on the menu.

• 2Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>

Although it's an atypical board game this makes me want to buy it and save it for my grandchildren. Scratches all those cool itches for me.

• 2Like

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
It will be an epic weekend coming up for gaming. My Nemesis KS package came in.....I got the sundropped version and I have to say the aliens are really cool looking being a darker shade of green with black accents. I got the Carnamorph and Void Seeker expansions with it and I heard they are different colors although I haven't had a change to open them and find out. Great production all around.

I also purchased a used Thunderstone Quest KS pledge with quests 1-5. I don't know much about this game except it's a competitive deck builder. We really love Aeon's End, the only thing that gave me pause in the past is that it's competitive and my partner prefers coop, but I got it for a really good price. This will probably be the first thing we play because the rules seem easier and more manageable than Nemesis. I think I will play Nemesis solo first until I get the rules down.

Lastly, tomorrow my Midarra package arrives! I think it's only Act 1. It'll stay in shrink until I play the other two for a bit, but I will probably break it out in June and take it for a spin. The good news is I have gotten another couple into gaming, so now I have 4 of us that can play. The bad news is they live farther away so I only get to see them once a month or so, but we are planning on making a gaming weekend happen soon.

• 2Like