Borderlands - The Pre-Sequel

Jait

Molten Core Raider
So you take zero damage when shield is up, makes you a melee/shotgun god. No where near the levels of Nisha but bleeds are amazing, good times teleporting around, shooting dudes in the head point blank with shotty than finish with melee. This build needs some dedication, good roid shield +melee dmg weapon etc. Easier path is get your self high elemental chance weapon and build up the left and right tree.
Ua7H39g.jpg

Borderlands The Pre-Sequel! Skill Tree Planner - jamesdaily.comfor leveling, go down either path first, both do well, although right path you need to be airborne to take advantage of smite.
Just a small correction. You don't take any frontal damage. You also can't aim for shit. So while it's great in close quarters with no barrels, grenades, aes, this game also has a lot of long range combat. But she's my favorite. Have her on my 2nd play through now. Got sidetracked playing Jack.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've also heard Athena is the most overpowered late game once you get some of the correct legendary items on her

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I've also heard Athena is the most overpowered late game once you get some of the correct legendary items on her
I don't have much to compare her to, I've only played Claptrap and Jack into the 20s. Jack is really powerful as well, but Athena is awesome. Maelstrom right now is the shit, there's no UHVH mode yet as far as I know, but likely like BL2 with the insane HP regen it'll become less effective into the higher levels.

For grouping, Phalanx is the way to go.

My solo build for PT1 was Phalanx: 5 Ephodos, 5 Hold the Line, 1 Prismatic, 5 United Front with Maelstrom 1/1 and Storm Weaving 4/4 (Think I might of had Gun Kata too for the extra 15% gun dmg)

PT2 I continued down the Ceraunic Storm line building up Maelstrom. Really effective. The only issue I ever run into is long range combat. Those Lovecraftian monsters on the moon that launch rakks and spit shit everywhere. Got to take them out carefully with a sniper rifle and crits, don't let them get close.

Singularity/Quasar grenades and Slams are key for Maelstrom builds too.

Tenks

There is some legendary where you gain back HP via lifesteal or something that apparently you just shield her up and charge at enemies and melee them down and just faceroll everything. I don't know much more than that about the build.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
Season pass is half off. Is the DLC content worth it? Anyone know?
The claptrap dlc is good, not Tiny Tina's good but I would rank it higher than the other BL2 dlc's, and you also get jack which I enjoyed (right?). The rest is just a bunch of arenas which were meh.

Tenks

The claptrap DLC was worth the price of the season pass. Not quite as good as Tina's D&D DLC but far better than Scarlett and Hammerlock from BL2. The arena fucking sucked, though. Also Jack is a really fun character as well. His trait is fucking overpowered as fuck though.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Wife and I just finished off our first playthrough of this last week, including the Claptrap DLC, which was really good and pretty challenging. I'm playing Athena and she's playing Aurelia, who's action skill is badass. Currently running through TVHM.

The game is definitely a step backwards from BL2 from a quality standpoint but it's still enjoyable. And even though the DLCs in BL2 weren't all as great as Tiny Tina's, they still added quite a few hours of entertainment which is why only having the Claptrap DLC as additional content (the Holodome or w/e barely counts, the arenas are my least favorite activity in the game) is kind of disappointing.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Picked it up on sale with all DLC for like $8. Definitely worth it. Surprisingly a lot of people still doing multiplayer.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
It got shit on mainly for it being short and the anti-gravity/oxygen areas but I enjoyed it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Shmoopy

It got shit on mainly for it being short and the anti-gravity/oxygen areas but I enjoyed it.

Maybe just me but this game seems super underrated? After BL3:

- the oxygen meter is like a "you are incentivized to keep moving and killing stuff" mechanic before Doom 2016, it works really well imho
- the low grav and jump pad levels are like straight out of UT / Quake
- seems like they hired all old school Quake / UT level designers, the levels all just feel organic, perfectly laid out
- with the free HD texture pack mod it looks better than BL3 in many areas
- much of dialogue is actually funny, unlike BL3
- don't remember any of the BL music being remarkable, but this soundtrack is so good ... like a cross between Eve Online and old school 90's space stuff like Star Control, but with modern production

I'd put it on par with BL1 and BL2. Better than BL3.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I disagree on the oxygen meter. Doom 2016 encouraged and rewarded you to keep moving and getting glory kills. A well timed glory kill could save your ass. The oxygen meter was an annoyance that never let you relax in a game about comparing guns. I don't recall the game progressing the oxygen meter in any interesting ways. It was just always there, haunting you. Glory kills had runes, although not really deep or intricate.

BL2 soundtrack has some real bangers.

I remember liking BL1 and BL2 writing and feeling BL2.5 was a cheap imitation. Then we found out how nuts Anthony Burch is.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Guess I missed the Anthony Burch thing:

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
BL2.5 wasn't that good, that's my opinion.
Oxygen idea was bad, it limited the exploration and straying too much from going to point A to B to ... next map (later on it was a little better, with better gear but still...). I don't care about "limited resources and making tough decisions", that's not why I play BL.
Farming was total crap, I had to read-only a lot of stuff, because the bosses that drop unique loot are one and done. If you didn't get it, byebye since the boss doesn't spawn any more. I also didn't like the raid boss and his small circular room. Super tedious, iirc.
And finally, fuck Jack. He's a great villain and made BL2 so much better, but I don't want to be on his side.
Also, didn't really like any playable characters. I think I finished the game once and that was it. BL1&2, I have dozens of chars at max level or (former) max OP level, and I've been playing those two every once in a while all these years. They are on about the same level as Diablo2 for me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users