Borderlands - The Pre-Sequel

Neph_sl

shitlord

Why Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is a last-gen game developed outside of Gearbox | Polygon

TLDR Version:
  • Set on a Hyperion moon base in the time between Borderlands 1 and 2
  • Play as 4 villains for Borderlands working for Handsome Jack
    - Claptrap
    - Wilhelm (the pushover mech boss from the train
    - Nisha (sheriff of Lynchwood)
    - Athena (from the Secret Armory of General Knoxx)
  • Oxygen tanks as a new resource: used for hovering, double jumping, and ground pounds
  • Coming to PS3, 360, and PC in 2014

I'm kinda-sorta excited for this? The gameplay looks super similar to BL2, but I really liked the story/characters that the writer Anthony Burch created in that game. So I trust that the backstory of these future villains will be quality.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
How does anyone not play as Claptrap in this?!?!

So if Gearbox is not working on this and they said they haven't given one actual thought to what happens after Borderlands 2...what is Randy Pitchford actually working on right now? Is the main studio completely consumed with Homeland reboot?

Neph_sl

shitlord
So if Gearbox is not working on this and they said they haven't given one actual thought to what happens after Borderlands 2...what is Randy Pitchford actually working on right now? Is the main studio completely consumed with Homeland reboot?
Gearbox is working on new IPs

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Why gearbox would not do another BL game is beyond me. Both the first and second were like best sellers.

I'm a little scared that it isn't Gearbox working on this but I love me some Borderlands so I'm in. It's a bit surprising that there is no Siren, unless Athena was one, but it doesn't seem like it.

Caliane

I'm a little scared that it isn't Gearbox working on this but I love me some Borderlands so I'm in. It's a bit surprising that there is no Siren, unless Athena was one, but it doesn't seem like it.
hrm. expac character?
play as Angel. Possessing a robot body or something.

ps. Bl2 spoilers.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I consider borderlands top 5 game series of all time. If they can keep it rolling on the same level of BL2 I am all for it.

Disp_sl

shitlord
I consider borderlands top 5 game series of all time. If they can keep it rolling on the same level of BL2 I am all for it.
Me too, and Tiny Tina's DLC was the best DLC of any game I've ever played. Both games and their DLC's overall are masterpieces, with just a couple duds thrown in.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The DLC quality was all over the place. Still need to do Tiny Tina's though.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Me too, and Tiny Tina's DLC was the best DLC of any game I've ever played. Both games and their DLC's overall are masterpieces, with just a couple duds thrown in.
The issue is the junk DLC was the non-Gearbox stuff. And this entire game is non-Gearbox.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I liked both games. Even cooler is the co-op. Ive spent many hours in this world, and so did my kids.