Bosch

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Bosch

Genre: Mystery, Drama, Crime

First aired: 2014-02-06

Creator: Eric Overmyer

Cast: Amy Aquino, Lance Reddick, Titus Welliver, Jamie Hector, Madison Lintz

Overview: Based on Michael Connelly's best-selling novels, these are the stories of relentless LAPD homicide Detective Harry Bosch who pursues justice at all costs. But behind his tireless momentum is a man who is haunted by his past and struggles to remain loyal to his personal code: “Everybody counts or nobody counts.”

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 133461[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Bosch[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Mystery[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2014-02-06[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Based on Michael Connelly's best-selling novels, these are the stories of relentless LAPD homicide Detective Harry Bosch who pursues justice at all costs. But behind his tireless momentum is a man who is haunted by his past and struggles to remain loyal to his personal code: “Everybody counts or nobody counts.”[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

View attachment 133462

Bosch

Another Amazon Original Pilot, another cop show in LA, another tortured, demon inside homicide cop on the edge, why would anyone wanna watch that ?

Well, first of all, the show is created byMichael Connelly, a well established crime / noir books author. Second, Bosch is played by Titus Welliver (that guy from LOST), portraying Harry Bosch, a "Ellroy-like" LAPD homicide cop.

Is it good ? Pilot wasn't good, too much L&O bullshit but Olliver was somewhat okay in it, and the plot wasn't totally obnoxious. I'm curious to see if they'll order a full season, maybe Olliver acting and Connelly writing will mix well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I really enjoyed the pilot. Think it's the best Amazon original yet.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I love Connelly's books, but all the movies based on his work so far have been shit. Will watch this since it's somewhat detached from the usual Hollywood bullshit, but with low expectations.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This probably isn't the place for it, but if Netflix or Amazon could basically do something in the vein of Southland, they'd probably have a hit. I dunno, assuming the writers aren't doing something else, just get them all together again with a new cast.

• 1Like

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
Liked the pilot. Welliver har been a favorite of mine since Deadwood, but afaik never gotten the chance to shine on his own, so I got high hopes for this one. So far he reminds me of a smarter McNulty. Also cool to see the black guy playing his partner as well, I think they mesh well.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, it's based on City of Bones which is one of Connelly's better books in the series, so at least it has that going for it. Connelly co-wrote the script himself too; hopefully that wasn't just for the pilot, if the series does get made. Most of the characters aren't at all how I picture them from reading all the books, but eh, whatever. If I can watch/enjoy a Jack Reacher movie with Tom Cruise playing a dude who is supposed to be 6'5" and weigh about 230-250lb. I think I can deal with this.

Only real negative in the pilot was the lawyer suing Bosch. Terrible dialogue and even worse acting from her made those scenes painful to watch.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, everything involving the lawyer I didn't enjoy either. The actor sucks and so does the character. The hot lawyer is overdone.

Black_Death

Golden Knight of the Realm
Reading Connelly's Facebook and Twitter, it seems like he is pimping the show pretty hard and that he would be part of the full series build out. I don't think he has specifically mentioned what his role will be going forward if the series gets made, but I think the show's casting sets it up to be successful (other than the terrible lawyer).

This was by far the best Amazon pilot this go around.

Krag

Peasant
I love Connelly's books, but all the movies based on his work so far have been shit. Will watch this since it's somewhat detached from the usual Hollywood bullshit, but with low expectations.
I wouldn't go that far personally, I enjoyed both Blood Work and The Lincoln Lawyer. That said though, I don't necessarily see how the atmosphere of the Bosch world would do much for a police procedural. I haven't seen the pilot, so I can't comment on that yet.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I liked the first ep, but I'm a sucker for cop shows. I'm hoping it'll turn out to be closer to Blue Bloods or Longmire in quality than the other types of them (CSI, etc), as those are my favorites of the bunch.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've never watched Blue Bloods but I can only imagine that show being really bad. This show should be on an another level. It would be on CBS like Blue Bloods if it wasn't.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I was about to post about this. Watched four episodes or so. The acting is awful. Titus Welliver is great, but the rest are pretty bad. Thing is, I've seen some of these actors be good in other things so I guess it's just bad directing. The serial killer dude is really good too, but those two don't outweigh the rest. I probably won't finish it.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I will finish the series just because I have read every Connelly book.

So far they are using all the right names/characters to do a different book each season.

Deeone

Molten Core Raider
Just finished watching this and really enjoyed it. I've read the book series a couple of years ago and kept along the same lines as far as I can remember. Only thing that stood out is I feel like at this time period the ex-wife isn't around anymore.

There is Lt. Daniels and Marlo from The Wire which was good to see some actors from another favourite show.

Storyline isn't anything new but still a good watch. The comments about the acting I can't see it myself, I thought the acting was overall fine.

TXjohnny

<Bronze Donator>
I am a huge fan of the books and I am really enjoying the series (5 episodes in). They are setting up so many story lines - Kiz Ryder, Lt. Pounds (...karma is a bitch), the ex-wife/daughter stuff.

I thought the acting was fine. If you are into the gingers, the woman who plays Bosch's love interest is smokin hot.

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
I just binged the whole season. I thought at its core it's great. Smart, good dialogue and plot. The one thing it suffers from is wasted scenes. The editor or whoever needed to spend some more time thinking whether that scene of Bosch driving to work for one line of dialogue then back home for internal introspection could have just been cut altogether.

In other words, I think the production staff was a little green. However, great show, lots of promise, I hope for more.

Anndd....all that from Amazon. An online retailer. Kinda crazy.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Just marathoned the entire season myself as well. I've read every Connelly book. I thought the series was well done and having two veteran The Wire actors really helped the cause. Yes the pilot suffers, and it seems amateruish for a couple episodes in, but once you're invested in the characters it trucks along very smoothly and keeps you hooked.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database