Boston Marathon Explosion - Today's Topics: Public Schools

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
d300af6a7e0371c3f35cb5fc83836089a7136767.jpeg

^-- lol
Well, other than the NRA thing, that's pretty much dead on.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well, other than the NRA thing, that's pretty much dead on.
I guessed that too though. Most radical terrorists that pull this off are in their 20s. Friday was a good guess too. I bet that person was hoping the perp was a white extremist mad about gun control though.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Like I said. People have a right to their opinion. However within 2 hours of the bomb going off her and her friends were posting shit.We had friends there that we didn't even know if they were ok yet.
I'm not calling you out on anything here but... are you saying once you find out no one you knew was hurt THEN it's okay to crack jokes?

It's either okay to do so or it's not. There's not really a grace period about such things.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Art Bell said that he didn't necessarily believe the stuff that was on his show but did support giving an outlet for those people and topics to come to light in.
While collecting a salary for doing so, amazing how that works.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm not calling you out on anything here but... are you saying once you find out no one you knew was hurt THEN it's okay to crack jokes?

It's either okay to do so or it's not. There's not really a grace period about such things.
She wasn't cracking jokes, she was posting conspiracy shit literally immediately after the bombs went off. I don't care if people want to talk about that but the smoke hasn't even cleared yet.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
She wasn't cracking jokes, she was posting conspiracy shit literally immediately after the bombs went off. I don't care if people want to talk about that but the smoke hasn't even cleared yet.
If there was a conspiracy when would have been a good time? Come on now you aren't making the argument you think you are making.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Maybe if mainstream news coverage wasn't so horrible people wouldn't resort to internet detectives. I literally couldn't stand watching CNN/FOX/MSNBC for more than 20 minutes at a time.
While the coverage was certainly horrible, I'm not sure the media can be blamed for this. Them not immediately jumping to conclusions and identifying possible suspects (like they did with Newton) was one of few responsible things they actually did during the coverage.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
While collecting a salary for doing so, amazing how that works.
I think it also speaks a lot about how good he was at his job. He never went into specifics about what he thought was true or wasn't true but he always encouraged people coming forward to talk about things that they thought was true. He was about as open minded and tolerant as a person could get really.

Northerner

N00b
Guess what?

Sometimes the radical terrorists actually have a point!

Not so much in this case but seriously, people that will blow themselves up or set themselves on fire in protest *generally* have something to say. Agree or not with the message, if someone is willing to die for it, I'll at least give it a glance.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Guess what?

Sometimes the radical terrorists actually have a point!

Not so much in this case but seriously, people that will blow themselves up or set themselves on fire in protest *generally* have something to say. Agree or not with the message, if someone is willing to die for it, I'll at least give it a glance.
Actually the majority of suicide bombers are brainwashed and illiterate. Mostly children which is being seen in Afghanistan. Sometimes they don't even know they have bombs strapped to them or are told that the bomb wont hurt them. Willing to listen to someone because they want to blow themselves up is just fucking silly.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Actually the majority of suicide bombers are brainwashed and illiterate. Mostly children which is being seen in Afghanistan. Sometimes they don't even know they have bombs strapped to them or are told that the bomb wont hurt them. Willing to listen to someone because they want to blow themselves up is just fucking silly.
Yeah, watching that Vice show about how they convince child bombers that the best has some kind of magic shield that makes it so only everyone around you dies was fucking mind blowing. I'd like to say "I wasn't that stupid at 12-14"....But I'll be honest, if my parents/family friends had all told me X would happen, I'd have believed them. Just sad.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
While the coverage was certainly horrible, I'm not sure the media can be blamed for this. Them not immediately jumping to conclusions and identifying possible suspects (like they did with Newton) was one of few responsible things they actually did during the coverage.
I also think that the media is at a disadvantage in this because I don't think it's legal for them to simply repeat what's said on police radio.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/04/20/after...says-rep-king/

King, who chairs the House subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence, is urging authorities to beef up their surveillance of Muslims in the U.S. following Friday night's arrest of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
Police must "realize that the threat is coming from the Muslim community and increase surveillance there," the New York lawmaker told National Review.
King-who spearheaded controversial hearings on the radicalization of Muslim-Americans in 2011-also told CNN that "we can't be politically correct. I think we have to see, has radicalization extended into the Chechen community?"

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
King has a point but it will not happen here again, at least not as an official policy. It goes against everything we stand for. Profiling works very well, Israel and other countries use it to great effect in their airports etc.. And we did it in WWII with Japanese Americans. But our current values wont except it and for good reason. We'll just have to live through longer airport lines and other inconveniences.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm fine with classifying all Muslims as dangerous radicals, as long as we do the same thing to all Christians too.