Boston Marathon Explosion - Today's Topics: Public Schools

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Another question. clearly we can agree on the fact the shaft should be shaved I hope, but what about them pubes? I prefer trimming, and haven't done a full shave in a while. Araysar, I assume in Mother Russia they go full bush for the extra insulation, confirm?

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I always use clippers as I don't even trust myself with a blade near my balls. Just be ever so careful though, I've nicked myself a couple of times and it bleeds for ages.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
There's hair on my shaft for a good inch and half from the base. Sorry you're not a man, Iannis.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have a solid half inch of hair on the shaft. My best guesstimate is that my dick is actually so long that it's pulling the skin of my body to compensate, else it would be bent weird.

I shave it all off usually, fiance likes it that way. I don't like the trimmers because one time the hair got caught in the trimmers and it just ripped a patch straight out, blood everywhere. Never used trimmers ever again.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yet they underperform virtually every major competitor nation in pretty much every area.
Like violence statistics, looking at the average in the US skews the data because we have certain communities that are horrific and that brings down the average. We generally rank behind western Europe and the more developed parts of Asia but most of those countries don't have the level of immigration and the inner city gang culture that we do. There is certainly room for improvement in all schools, but radical changes to all schools may not be addressing the real problem.

A while back in this thread the Canadians were patting themselves on the back for having better education rankings than the US but then someone said "I won't talk about first nation's issues". Shitty communities = shitty schools but the schools aren't really the root issue.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Unfortunately rogaine only stops balding, doesn't actually grow back hair. You may end up with strange results man. YOOOOLOOOO

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So I have been complaining about the conspiracy whackjobs on my Facebook that spout crazy nonsense in all kinds of capital letters. I started reading them out loud in a Captain Kirk voice and it's hilarious. Try it on my latest one.

CRAZY and TWISTED are two terms being applied to the Boston Bomber -- do these terms apply? WORLD VIEW -- How we see the WORLD [society] determines how WE [individually] interact. These BOMBERS saw OUR SYSTEM as twisted and crazy and acted accordingly. They BELIEVE they ARE RIGHT --- nothing we say will change THEIR BELIEF. Some "want to understand" WHY these guys did what they did --- the ANSWER IS described in their WORLD VEIW-as simple as that. If YOU don't BELIEVE this you are BOUND to remain confused --- real easy.

Fadaar

That guy
I went to a Jesuit high school. I learned everything I should have but what made it different is they taught us not to be fucking assholes.

Teachers there didn't coddle us. We wore ties every day, and I remember the vice principal (who was scary as fuck, was in Vietnam, pretty sure he had a Brock Samson-style knife strapped to his leg) walking down the hall and grabbing my loosened tie then giving me what they called Penance Hall. We didn't have detention, they put us to work taking care of the school.

We also were taught to think for ourselves. If we were sure of an answer, we had to be able to defend it and explain our thought process. There was very little regurgitation except in fields that required it (ie math).

We talked about religion; theology was a class. But it wasn't "God is good, love, jesus mary!", it was more about critical thinking, and framing religion in the sense of helping your fellow man. Seniors were required to go do community service every Wednesday, usually at poor public schools or helping children with special needs, in addition to our normal community service requirements. We had mass every Friday that was mandatory, but really it was a chance for the Jesuits who worked at the school to talk to us. The school's motto was "Men for Others".

You can't do that in a public school. I think that is the real difference between (most) private and public schools. Talking with friends that went the public school route, more of them hated their schools and basically were taught to memorize and spit out what they had read.

I graduated in '07 for what it's worth. Wasn't that long ago.
Which one did you go to? I graduated from the one in Tampa in '04 and I completely agree with everything you said. It was a 'religious' school, but it wasn't forced on you it was more educational in the history aspects than anything else. I still see a good 15-20 of my friends from high school every single time I'm home on leave, whereas most people I know outside of high school say they didn't really keep in contact with anyone after they graduated.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I keep in touch with a lot of my high school classmates as well.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...oston-tsarnaev

terrorism-deaths.gif

bomb-plots_0.gif

domestic-bombings_0.gif

terrorism-deaths.gif

bomb-plots_0.gif

domestic-bombings_0.gif

khalid

Unelected Mod
Shitty biased graphs are shitty. If you actually follow up the "Homegrown threat" article that is based on, they basically categorize any incident they don't consider Islamist as right-wing, even people that are just anarchists or those that we don't even know what the motivation was.