Bought my kid a violin - where to get it tuned/upgraded?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Also, I can confirm that music girls are crazy horny. Maybe it's something about spending hours alone with an inanimate object, practicing.
I dated a music girl that had gone all the way to the Juilliard School in NY. That bitch.. damn.. we dated for only 9 months but she was the only chick in my life that made my dick raw from so much fucking, and she was all BDSM crazy, wanting me fuck her violently slapping and whipping her and shit constantly. Shit was crazy.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
There isn't a single violin type that you can say is a good one. Violins all have subtle differences in size, tone, position placements, and so forth. There isn't a skill level where you think of buying a better violin, there's a commitment level. If he starts picking it up and practicing on his own, if the interest level spikes, and if you start to notice a marked improvement in intonation, get a good instrument. Encourage that passion immediately.

If you're buying a good, full sized instrument that you expect him to play for years to come, you should expect to put in about $8,000. You can certainly get decent violins for less, but you get what you pay for.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
AyytOMa.gif

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Drama chicks were huge sluts too. The arts atract the wild on the inside type.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
lurking, got my kids violin restrung at the local guitar place, just some quality steel strings. The pegs were dry and needed to be lubed I guess, I don't know. The guy at guitar center said it's common. Also got him a tuner so he can tune it himself every time. He walks around the house playing it now. He made the honors orchestra for next year at his middle school.

Thanks bro, will encourage him. Asian violin player++

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
lurking, got my kids violin restrung at the local guitar place, just some quality steel strings. The pegs were dry and needed to be lubed I guess, I don't know. The guy at guitar center said it's common. Also got him a tuner so he can tune it himself every time. He walks around the house playing it now. He made the honors orchestra for next year at his middle school.

Thanks bro, will encourage him. Asian violin player++
That's great, man. If he's enjoying it, encourage him in every way you can. Even if he isn't a musician by trade as an adult, it's a skill he'll never regret having.
The pegs didn't need lube, that wouldn't help. They were dry and probably needed moisture. You might ask them if you should get one of these for the case:

Amazon.com: Dampit Moistener Violin: Hal Leonard: Musical Instruments

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
That's great, man. If he's enjoying it, encourage him in every way you can. Even if he isn't a musician by trade as an adult, it's a skill he'll never regret having.
The pegs didn't need lube, that wouldn't help. They were dry and probably needed moisture. You might ask them if you should get one of these for the case:

Amazon.com: Dampit Moistener Violin: Hal Leonard: Musical Instruments
I don't know what he did, I assume it was lube. Haha. He just took the pegs out and did something to them and restrung it.

He's playing the violin right now right outside my office. Good thing I'm done with work...

iannis

Musty Nester
You need to get that boy a Charlie Daniels Band iTune pronto.

Devil went down to georgia,
lookin for a soul to steal
came across poor johnny
said boy lets make a deal

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Kid made honors orchestra for 7th grade. 3 spots, 40 kids, not bad!