Bound by Flame

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
GI - 8/10
Personal reviews on Gamespot - 8.6/10 (With lots in comments saying it's 7.5ish like myself)

I'd expect 90% of people that played DA2 will rate it similarly to DA2 minus 1-1.5 pts depending on how much they are concerned with the terrible lip synching and generally lower quality than a AAA title (which it clearly was never meant to be coming out $10 cheaper than AAA start at).

If you hated DA2 though, it's absolutely a "steer clear" title though - storyline is only marginally better so far than DA2, with worse polish and characterization.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Definitely enjoying the game and so far feel its worth the 25 bucks I paid for it. The lighting is really great as is the texture work. The environments are a bit low poly and everything is cordoned off Wticher 2 style but it's enjoyable enough to look past it. The combat is meh and the dialogue is cringe worthy, guess you can't win them all.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I am a sucker for skill trees...I like the ranger path so far, keeps combat interesting with dodge/counters. But yeah combat and exploring to a lesser extent feels clunky. Music and atmosphere is decent, had to stop playing but can't wait to log back in so there is that.

Column_sl

shitlord
Game looks pretty damn good at max settings on the PC.Plays like a casual version of demon souls versus Amular.

Voice animations are God Awful tho, they must have said fuck it on that part.

Kaosu

Bronze Knight of the Realm
A overall disappointing game. Their previous game, while perhaps even more simple in the way it plays, was a better game than this one. However, this one does look better. There seems to be only 'one ending' with a epilogue of sorts. Everything is just credit rolls immediately afterwards. No real way of being a pure mage, its more of a compliment to whatever stance you are in.

Went in knowing nothing, came out with a play it if you are bored, get it for free or incredibly cheap. Otherwise, move on.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Game so far is extremely reminescent of Witcher 2, but worse on every aspects. It's not too bad, but it's not good either, combat is floaty and clunky at times, engine has some good stuff and then some horrible stuff(light/shadows are super fucked sometimes), lip syncing is obviously awful as people said before, UI is clunky to use with a pad(not sure with a mouse), tons of spelling/typographic mistakes. For 25bucks it's not too bad I guess. Wouldn't pay more than that, probably better off waiting for a steam sale for 15-20bucks in a few months if you missed the GMG shit.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finished it. Story was actually decent and interesting. But its obvious they just didn't have the budget to see the story through to the end. It's like bamm all of of a sudden you are at the final boss. Mathras is such a great character though. Voice and dialogue were actually very good though it got really annoying in cut scenes where he would just tilt his head to the right every 5 seconds. Too bad the rest of the characters don't exactly live up to his characterization.

Column_sl

shitlord
It reminds me of those old 80/90's B movies like Beastmater, Sword and the Sorcerer etc
I like those kind of cheeseball stories sometimes with a really badass main character.

I've only gotten to the swamp so Im not too far yet, but I'm enjoying it so far. Definitely worth the 23 I paid for it.
Game also runs extremely well on max setting, and is quite good looking.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Nothing about this game really bothers to me to the point of hating it EXCEPT the fuckkkkkkkkkkking COMBAT GOD DAMN IT there is like absolutely no registration of my moves upon the enemies (just feels like hitting air or a brick wall - so clunky and solid with no movement) and there is absolutely no fluidity or finesse, probably exacerbated by the fact that there is no jump and the dodge set from the Ranger skill tree makes you jump back akwardly as hell and doesnt even feel like a real dodge. The riposte does feel right, that's about it.

I seriously just cannot suck it up and get into the game, I've tried to play it at least five different times now and literally cannot even make it out of the basic first tutorial/temple area.

I paid the full $40 for the game expecting nothing amazing but something I would at least play. Fuck.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Guess I'll scratch this one off my list. Too bad because I was looking forward to it. A lot of RPGs coming up in this next gen. Too many for me to focus on.

Thanks, RR.