Boxing

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Fury won, but that fight sucked big balls! The first half of that fight was worse then a Floyd fight.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Late to the party:

Heavyweight fight was awful. I thought it would be close, with Fury having a good chance to win. He has surprising slickness for his size, and Wlad has looked really beatable since Pulev. He doesn't throw punches worth a shit anymore. Those legs have gone, and he fears getting countered. Sign me up for Fury & Wilder, that would be a really interesting fight. A breath of fresh air to the heavyweights.

DeGale-Bute was fantastic later that night. I thought Bute was done, and he really fought well. Had it 7-5 for DeGale.

Quillin vs. Jacobs this Saturday. Absolutely love this match up, Jacobs will pressure Quillin. The pace will force Quillin to be active.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea. It's dumb considering a rematch was exercised but I will say, the IBF has never made an exception so it's no surprise they did it.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This is late, but props to Jacobs on his huge win. Guys a warrior, and has legitimately staked his place as a top 20-25 fighter P4P. Quillin is super classy & just got caught, he'll be back.

On a side note: The viewership for that fight did something like 350,00 peak, and that makes me want to fucking slap the absolute fuck out of Uncle Al Haymon & Showtime. How on God's green Earth do you let that fight start at just after 9 cst on a weekend where college football is playing its championship games! Absolute failure. There is no reason why that fight wouldn't have at very least done 2-3x that if they would've just pushed that card back a couple hours. Just awful, really blundered that from a viewership perspective. That on top of the fight lasting a minute.

Super intriguing fight tomorrow: Anthony Joshua vs. Dillon Whyte. Whyte is a combat sports lifer. A really good amateur boxer & really good kickboxer who has some legit boxing talent. Anthony is the world destroying favorite to run the heavyweight scene for years to come. These guys had an absolute war of an amateur fight thats famous (check Youtube) where Whyte actually floored and decisioned Joshua. Albeit a Joshua who just started boxing at 17 and was extremely raw. If Joshua steam rolls Whyte, it would be a pretty favorable sign that he may go on to dominate over the next few years.

Donaire & Verdejo fight tonight. Should be a good showcase for both guys. I expect Donaire to look at Lomachenko & look at the Quigg-Frampton winner after this (that is of they'd actually fight him). Donaire is still a really good fighter, and Verdejo is the next great Puerto Rican champion. He should vie for Top P4P consideration in a matter of a year or two. Guy has absolutely blazing speed. A solid mixture of a Trinidad-Cotto fighting style.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
wow.. fight was awesome! Don't want to post spoiler so soon but catch it on youtube if you can. Worth the watch.

There are some really exciting Heavyweights coming up. I think we might finally see a return to people caring about that division.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Anthony Joshua - Monster
Daniel Jacobs - Great performance
Luis Ortiz - Why did you have to do my boy like that.

Pacquiao - Bradley III for April 9th. I don't mind it at all, but I won't pay PPV unless they stack the card. Arum is protecting assets (Crawford). Heavyweights are getting WAY WAY WAY more exciting than they have been in at least 10-12 years. Fury, Wilder, Ortiz, Joshua, Parker etc is going to make for a fun time. Especially once a couple notable Cuban's defect & Usyk move up.

Ps. Billy Joe Saunders & GGG looks possible in the UK.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Ultra violent KO in the 9th by Wilder. Stomach dropped after seeing it. Hope Spzillka is ok. Good little scrap as well. Figured Wilder would have some trouble for awhile because Artur moves pretty well. Knew Jennings win woulf look better, because styles make fights. Fury getting in the ring was funny. Dude is a character. Would love if Wilder could get past Povetkin & Fury and him would fight.

David Haye fought again for the first time in 3 years and looked absolutely massive. Hope he he trims down a little again. Either way, heavyweights are the most exciting they have been in 11-12 years.

Zastlyn

Peasant
I'm not a boxing pro by any means but im trying to get into it. Up until the 9th round it seemed like Szpilka was winning but the announcers unofficial scorecard had Wilder winning it. Am I just not understanding what I'm looking at or were they trying to hype up the champ more then he deserved?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It really just depends on who's judging the fight. A fighter can look more active but if the other fighter is landing the bigger? Cleaner shots, he'll win the round on a lot of cards.

It was a good fight for Wilder. He could have gotten really aggressive and prob ended it early but I prefer him taking his time. The punch that ended it was more than just impressive. It shows how far he has come as a fighter. Well timed. He was dangerous before but he's getting better every fight!

Fury stuff was awesome. I don't think he's very skilled but he brings a lot of drama to he show and I love that in a fighter.

Porter-Thurman done deal for March. Can't wait to see that one.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not a boxing pro by any means but im trying to get into it. Up until the 9th round it seemed like Szpilka was winning but the announcers unofficial scorecard had Wilder winning it. Am I just not understanding what I'm looking at or were they trying to hype up the champ more then he deserved?
I believe I had Wilder winning 5-3 going into the 9th. Felt like he did the cleaner punching and did more damage overall. It was a good fight though. The KO was pretty horrific, it was hard to watch, and I hope Artur is ok. Absolutely perfect shot. Wilder throws some very odd shots, but he has such a good feel for his timing and is pretty damn athletic for a 6'7" human being.

Fury-Wilder face-off was amazing. I believe Fury is very much legit. He isn't a huge puncher, but he has a "funky" athleticism. He doesn't have an identity crisis in the ring, and is a smart fighter. Wilder sometimes has an identity issue. I wished last night he would've led more with his jab, and throw the straight right off of that. He did a little too much counter-punching for me. Like to see him kinda adapt the Lennox Lewis style and let the punches come to him. Regardless, he has devastating power and is a very solid heavyweight who can KO anyone on one punch.

My current heavyweights: 1. Fury 2. Ortiz 3. Wilder 4. Wlad 5. Povetkin/Jennings... Any of those Top 3 could truly be #1, and Joshua & Parker it's only a matter of time for them.

Ps. Really unfortunate the Glazkov-Martin fight ended the way it did. Wanted to see if Martin had enough punch talent to beat an ex-bronze medalist, and overcome his lack of experience.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Disagree about Fury and talent. I don't see it and I think Wlad KO's him this time around, assuming he's not shot which I'm undecided on. Wilder lays him out too