Boxing

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Decent card, but main event was destined to be wack. Berto did his best to press the fight. Thought it was funny how in post fight interview Jim Gray was needling Berto on whether or not he thought Floyd is "the best fighter of all-time", and you could see Berto trying to be respectful & deflecting the question. That fight was the quintessential example of why Floyd is not "TBE" or "Top 5". Berto was made for an ass-kicking, at least a knock down & Floyd played it safe and won a 9-3 decision.

I don't think this is his last fight (I hope the Mayweather-Pacquiao era is over), but if it is Floyd will go down as one of boxing's 10-20 greatest fighters, who was an incredible defensive master, that was ultimately extremely difficult to cheer for.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Mayweather-Berto does 400k? Is anyone surprised? No. That was a shitty ass choice. Either way Floyd gets $32 million guaranteed.

Lomachenko & Rigondeaux falls through (this shit is not surprising with modern day-political boxing bullshit). Top Rank claims that Rigo wanted unrealistic money. News at 7, Bob Arum is a cheap fucking Jew. Donaire-Quigg falls through, Top Rank claims Quigg wanted too much money, which I actually believe in this case. Hearn is stating that he is close to a Frampton-Quigg fight, which would be cool. Also looks like we will get Ward on Cotto-Canelo, which is fucking dope. Hopefully they get him in there with a Top 10 guy at least. Also Andrade returns from a 16 month layoff on Oct. 17th in Foxwoods. He fights some decent fighter, a get back fight. 154-160 is looking like it could be really solid for the next 5 years.

29 days until Golovkin-Lemieux!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, It landed right around where I was expecting. It was so obvious it was going to bomb. Glad it did. I agree, Floyd will be back. Most likely to open the new MGM Stadium in vegas.

Can't wait for the GGG fight. I should have gotten tickets for that one.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Floyd's Legacy:

Option 1- The greatest boxer of all time
Option 2- The man who killed boxing, for all time
Option 3- Who cares

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Klitschko vs. Fury postponed, minor tear in Wlad's calf. Rafael says it shouldn't be more than a month of postponement. Fury is probably about to go on a rampage. Shit sucks, oh well, nothing new from heavyweights of both combat sports.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To be fair. He took some dangerous fights as well. But I hear you. I disagree with his TBE shit, he didn't dare to be great like a lot of the guys before him. He is one of the greatest of an era but not the best ever.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Wilder looked pretty good. Fighter he fought has never been put down, and is extremely tough. Dude took an ass kicking for 11 rounds before Reiss thankfully called the fight. Really ready for this Wilder-Povetkin fight. Povetkin is a really solid fighter, but he has shown he has some serious issues with height. Wilder doesn't have the greatest technique or defense, but he knows how to circle around and use his range to his advantage. As long as Wilder pumps the jab, I'm not sure if Povetkin will be able to get inside enough on Wilder to win that fight. Wilder also did a ton of great work in the clinch, which was extremely surprising. Generally that type of length can hurt you inside with a smaller, stouter fighter.

Speaking of Povetkin, he fights Mariusz Wach Nov. 4th, and Wach is no slouch. Not the most skilled by any means, but at 6'8" he poses an interesting stepping stone for Povetkin. He actually hurt Wladimir Klitschko pretty badly in his 2012 fight, albeit in a shutout.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Povetkin is a great step up for Wilder, It sounds like(when I met him in Vegas) the plan was to fight Wlad early next year. So my guess is after his next fight it'll get done. I don't want to wait any longer for that one anyway.

Pacman-Khan fight in the works. I'd watch it to see Khan get KOed so he just goes way.

Can't wait till this GGG fight!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Some conspiracy stuff being thrown around about Wlad skipping out on Tyson to fight Wilder. Not buying it, believe Wlad wants to fight all the big names while he can. He knows he doesn't have much time left. Do wonder if Wilder will hold off on Povetkin until after a Wlad shot.

I'm cool with Pac-Khan. Pac used to wreck Khan in sparring according to gym legends, and regardless of Pacquiao losing a step, I believe he still beats Khan convincingly. I'd like to see Khan-Garcia again. Danny has not looked great since Matthysse. Think the new Virgil Hunter-led Khan would beat Garcia as long as he just boxed away from him for the first 6 rounds.

Matthysee vs. Postol is a good fight this weekend, Postol has a lot of reach on Lucas and, he is a really solid fighter. Broner will face some adversity against his opponent this weekend as well. I'm super pumped about GGG-Lemieux!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really impressive win by postol. Freddy Roach really does know how to teach a fighter to punch. Looking forward to seeing him and Crawford go at it.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Extremely impressive from Postol, but not too surprising. Eastern Europe is just littered with phenomenal fighters. Ukraine probably has the best amateur boxing scene on the planet, with Cuba close behind. They have some really, really solid athletes coming into boxing.

Crawford is a totally different beast though, can't wait for that fight!

Ps. Broner looked pretty solid tonight, he actually fucking punched which was nice to see.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter headed to welterweight showdown on Dec. 12
Great fight, have Thurman handling Porter in that fight similar to the way Brook did.

Sergey Kovalev's November defense in Russia postponed with focus on future Andre Ward fight
My body is so fucking ready for this. Kovalev & Ward would both fight two more times (Ward: Cotto-Canelo co-feature, and spring, then the PPV. Then Kovalev early next year, summer, then the Ward bout). Hope HBO locks this deal up, would be fucking awesome. Winner would certainly have claim at P4P.

Arthur Abraham to defend title vs. Martin Murray on Nov. 21
Another solid fight. If Abraham wins, he would probably fight Hopkins at some point early next year.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck, I am ready. Really hope this can do at least 200k bare minimum, 300k would be massive. Either way the winner of GGG/Lemieux-Cotto/Canelo tourney will be a massive PPV star, if they aren't already.