Boxing

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Khan is set to make 13 million this weekend vrs Canelo. So that prob mean Saul will make over 20 and this doesn't include ppv rev. They are 2 of a bunch of boxers who make more in one fight than most MMA guys make in a career. It's a pretty telling figure when it comes to just how successful a sport is. Just look at the money. UFC doesn't compare.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I guess that explains why NBA players average $5.1 mil per year while NFL players average $1.9 mil per year.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
or football players and MMA fighters are easily taken advantage of..plus revenue sharing which isn't something boxing and MMA can take advantage of.

You're just grasping at straws with your argument dude. MMA just isn't where boxing is yet. It could be in the future but it seems to have peaked. this is one of my better shit post too:)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm not really arguing about which is more popular, just that boxing is definitely on the decline since it's down to 2 decent draws that people who aren't really into boxing care about.

It's definitely possibly that MMA may have peaked, but the way they don't put fighters above the brand makes it less susceptible to boxing's situation.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GGG and Canelo Are really big draws as well but there are a lot of other guys filling stadiums and doing 1+ million views.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kovalev doing consistently 1+ millions as well. Not sure how that would equate to ppv buys tho. It really depends on the card. Kovalev-Ward will do well for sure

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Boxing is doing great in the UK. Joshua is already apparently doing 500,000+ with low level fights on PPV, and a Fury-Joshua fight probably easily breaks 1.5 million in the UK.

But boxing is certainly hurting here in the States. Still a ton of revenue, but it really fucking sucks how there are a ton of mandatories and ways to duck and dodge around. It would be really nice if there wasn't 700 different title belts. Casual sports fan would be a lot more interested if guys like GGG-Kovalev etc weren't having to destroy lower level competition.

Btw, Anthony Joshua signed with Showtime for his broadcasts here. Which is cool, because they actually stream their fights fucking live, unlike HBO yet. Which is perplexing.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, the only interest I'd ever have in seeing that is have Floyd actually train take down defense for 6 months and just see if he is so fucking athletic he could stay away and just lace McGregor with some quick shots and put him out. I mean either way, it's not really something I'd want to see from a competitive stand point (MMA or Boxing). I imagine Conor would love a boxing fight with Floyd. Make 40 or 50 million, and tell Dana to suck his dick.

Canelo vs. Khan tonight with a decent undercard: David Lemieux vs. Glen Tapia (Lemieux by KO in 4), Herrera vs. Frankie Gomez (this is actually a good fight, and a huge test for Gomez), Teixeira vs. Curtis Stevens should be entertaining (shit tons of power). The preliminary bouts have some decent stuff, Diego De La Hoya (Oscar's cousin), Jason Quigley (talented UK 160 lbs) also fights.

rrr_img_133154.jpg

Man, Canelo does that suicide cut. Dude gets fucking thiiiiiin. Khan can fight, but he is not slick & not defensive. I don't see how this fight can go more than 5 or 6 rounds with a Canelo-dealt ass-kicking.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Khan would need to do his best mayweather impression to have a chance. some serious speed and movement for 12 rounds. Him going for a KO would be a huge mistake unless he's way behind.