Boxing

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I tell ya what, Mike Tyson better thank those that made "The Hangover" because, from that moment on, everyone forgot he raped a woman and then loved him again. haha

his whole career at this point is because of that movie.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
He just said he wont. We'll see I guess.

Thought he started off saying he was going to continue and Roy could fight on the undercard. Would you take this sanctioned rematch or Mcgregor v Mayweather

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Tyson didn't even look winded at the end of that. Boxing has changed dramatically in the, what, 23 years since he last fought? Draw my ass.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Thought he started off saying he was going to continue and Roy could fight on the undercard. Would you take this sanctioned rematch or Mcgregor v Mayweather

He said at the end there when asked if he would do it again in an official fight for real money that he wouldn't that he's a humanitarian now and this is bigger than that.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Guys, it's an exhibition they announced before the fight there would be no actual results lol.

Tyson would get murdered by any legitimate Top 20-30 heavyweight. Dude is old, and they weren't throwing any real shots in there that wasn't to the body. I'd wouldn't mind seeing him in there with bottom feeder heavyweights, sure why not. But absolutely zero interest against actual competition. Punch resistance absolutely disappears at his age.

Man, Tyson - Roy circa '03-04 would've been great. Heavyweight vs. the freak show Super Middleweight.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Guys, it's an exhibition they announced before the fight there would be no actual results lol.

Tyson would get murdered by any legitimate Top 20-30 heavyweight. Dude is old, and they weren't throwing any real shots in there that wasn't to the body. I'd wouldn't mind seeing him in there with bottom feeder heavyweights, sure why not. But absolutely zero interest against actual competition. Punch resistance absolutely disappears at his age.

Man, Tyson - Roy circa '03-04 would've been great. Heavyweight vs. the freak show Super Middleweight.
I’m not sure anyone here is saying Tyson would have a shot in the pros, just that he looked damn good tonight. Surprisingly so.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think holyfield said he wanted to do an exhibition as well - if they made a ton on this it will happen again

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
At the end of the day, Tyson earned $10 million. Yet he still walked away disappointed that he didn't just smash. As were every viewer. He got some good hits in spite. At 50 whatever, he's still fast as balls. Would absolutely murder me or any normie.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I tell ya what, Mike Tyson better thank those that made "The Hangover" because, from that moment on, everyone forgot he raped a woman and then loved him again. haha

his whole career at this point is because of that movie.

Was thinking that the other day how he really gets a pass for the whole rape conviction.

Him being beloved again happened way before The Hangover and was as he got out of prison.

Nowadays a mean tweet from 8 years ago will ruin your career.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Jones Tyson fight has kind of opened up a new lane for PPV entertainment. Triller did good numbers reportedly, and observers are already thinking of ways to capitalize. Floyd Mayweather reportedly is exploring putting together PPVs that take advantage of the modern social media landscape. We are probably close to seeing shit like Carmelo Anthony fighting Eminem, or Hulk Hogan against Lil Wayne, or other retarded "exhibitions" that will bring in viewers.

If the right matches are made, they could generate as much money as a championship boxing match between two mid level guys. If it really takes off it could eventually pull in more money than your average UFC or Boxing PPV.

This kind of happened during the twilight of Ali's career, but died down after sanctioning bodies and other observers and state actors condemned such exhibitions as unsafe.