Boxing

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
For all you boxing fans out there, the docuseries titled "The Kings" on Showtime is fucking fantastic. I could've done without all the political commentary trying to paint Carter as a great president who got fucked over by racist Reagan, but the stuff on Hearns, Haggler, Leonard, and Duran is just amazing.

It's insane how good boxing was at that time and even more insane that they were all fighting each other. It really was something amazing to watch as someone who is young enough to have just missed this era of boxing. I always remember my Dad talking about those 4 when I was growing up, when he'd let me watch Tuesday Night Fights with him "late", but never got to experience it myself until this.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
For all you boxing fans out there, the docuseries titled "The Kings" on Showtime is fucking fantastic. I could've done without all the political commentary trying to paint Carter as a great president who got fucked over by racist Reagan, but the stuff on Hearns, Haggler, Leonard, and Duran is just amazing.

It's insane how good boxing was at that time and even more insane that they were all fighting each other. It really was something amazing to watch as someone who is young enough to have just missed this era of boxing. I always remember my Dad talking about those 4 when I was growing up, when he'd let me watch Tuesday Night Fights with him "late", but never got to experience it myself until this.
Just finished last night. Even wife loved it. thanks man!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I understand she just won the fight and didnt see what was happening, but the extended preening, and over the top display whilst her opponent is literally dying is fucking disgusting. What karma.... karma is such a bad bitch. Instead of being cringe with celebrating, how about doing what most fighters do and thats go over and congratulate your opponent for a good fight, and if they are incapacitated, usually this will cause a subdued reaction unless the two have bad blood, ala Masvidal vs Askren.

That looked really bad all around, especially the way the poor woman was shaking her hand as she collapsed.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I understand she just won the fight and didnt see what was happening, but the extended preening, and over the top display whilst her opponent is literally dying is fucking disgusting. What karma.... karma is such a bad bitch. Instead of being cringe with celebrating, how about doing what most fighters do and thats go over and congratulate your opponent for a good fight, and if they are incapacitated, usually this will cause a subdued reaction unless the two have bad blood, ala Masvidal vs Askren.

That looked really bad all around, especially the way the poor woman was shaking her hand as she collapsed.

Grow some balls, faggot. She never even got knocked down and was still standing the entire time she was celebrating.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I watched EH hit pads and felt so bad for the broke old dude. It was such a stark contrast to the real deal years.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It's fucking embarrassing that #1 Anyone is putting on these fights, and #2 Anyone is paying to watch them. Fucking gross.