Brave Frontier

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
L10 elgif team is basically any trial team. Go with high defenses and BC gen with a lot of healing. Random tips for each boss:

Elgif: he does a lot of damage reflect and DoT, so use your healer last. HoT helps, but it's not required. easy boss.

Zelnite: he full bb drains you a lot, but with a 2 turn mitigator, he's a joke. easiest boss.

Grahdens: he idles turn 1 and 2, then turn 3 he does an ultimate you MUST guard to survive (ignores mit). at 30% he uses it again the following turn. overall very easy, but do NOT overnuke him. if you make the mistake of killing him in 2 turns he auto wipes you (woops). just take him slow so you can guard for his scripted attacks, and easy.

Owen: sometimes will bring your entire team to 1 health. when he does that, guard everyone the following round (don't worry about your health) and he will also idle. heal up the following round and finish him off. if you do anything except guard all on the turn after he brings you to 1 health, he gets angry.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
What's a good Level 10 team look like (and what are the caveats to the fights)?

Built my "KM" team I think...

Sirius Lead, Lara, Krantz, Elza, allanon.
Yeah/nay? What am I missing? Tribuff?

I'm using Sirius(L) Silas, Vern, Kulyuk, Krantz and most preferably Ark (Friend Lead).....Elgif boses and Zelnite so far are pretty easy with that.....Grah and Owen supposedly require a bit more attention. I tried an Avant Friend-Lead once but it didn't go well....I won, but with deaths. Ark Leads are just so nice for anything that matters. Won with an Azurai lead, but had some BC issues......I'm betting a Felice lead would do well, but I haven't tried her yet.

Honestly it doesn't seem *too* demanding, but an Ark lead or an Ark friend surely seem to help things look easier than they might otherwise be heh

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
Just a useless update:

Hit a little stretch of bad luck....went 2 of 7...and the 2 I got were kinda crappy. Finally saw Grahdens - I got so used to just letting it auto, that he wiped me - not sure if I killed him in 2 turns or hit is usual 3 turn ultimate (probably the same thing either way)....I saw him once more since, and I got him to 50% on my first attack, so I certainly could have 2-turned him once everyone was buffed up for the second attack heh.

Anyways, just shy of 20 attempts total, and I've still only gotten the 2 +stat elgifs... (+ATK and +DEF).... What I really want out of this dungeon is +Stat (Preferably HP or All Stats) so I can beef up my main Trial units for the hardships to come.....I seem to be getting everything *except* that.

I'm not giving up yet - was good timing on Frontier Hunter: Free Gems to burn as I see fit, and right now I see my way into 5-star+ Elgifs with the damn things.

Probably my strongest Elgif of the day so far was a +100% Crit Damage Elgif....no idea who I'd put that on (Again, Rize will be a strong contender...)....units that can benefit from +Damage but don't need added survivability or utility...

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's a good Level 10 team look like (and what are the caveats to the fights)?

Built my "KM" team I think...

Sirius Lead, Lara, Krantz, Elza, allanon.
Yeah/nay? What am I missing? Tribuff?
Doesn't sirius have tribuff? If he doesn't, I'd use Atro instead of Allanon

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
I know it has been a long while for some of you, but does anyone have advice for the Breaking Barriers / Medblare fight? Owen / Grahdens

I'm getting insta-wiped sometimes, and I am not sure wth is triggering it.

During phase 2, I limit myself to 3 BB/SBB's per turn......during phase 3, I am doing 4 BB/SBB's per turn. Just got annihilated (again) in phase 3 about half way through.

In phase 2 I *always* insta-lose a group ...once I think it is because I blew so far past a threshold a unit never even spawned which the game counted as "killing" it as far as mechanics go. Beyond that I am just guessing.

It seems like I'm so close on it, but phase 3 just grinds down slower and slower till - for no reason I understand - one decides to drain/wipe/kill everybody.

I don't have a status inflictor - is that that huge a deal on this fight? It seems like the only thing I can't account for.

Edit: Giving my main guys Status Infliction spheres to see if that changes things.

Edit #2: Nevermind, I got it......What did I do different? Hell if I know. RNGesus just decided to stop having fun at my expense I guess.

Anyway, scored Medblare (yay!, that's one of the good ones I was missing)

I'll need to find a roof to jump off of when I start working on Karna Masta. 100-turn boss fights are sadistically evil. If I didn't need to go through it to get an Ark of my own, I might have pretended it didn't exist :(

Last edited:

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't remember much about that encounter, but I think I used two blow shit up leads (ensa and sirius friend i think). Ensa's bb can easily inflict the necessary ailments, but I brought along hadaron as well and UBBed with him for infliction if ensa failed. I can put Avani's sphere on Ensa if you wanna try that

Pretty sure i wiped on phase 3, even on my successful run, and for reasons I didn't understand. Second squad was able to finish it off, though.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You need sickness to nullify grahdens ubb at the start of round 2. Use ensa' bb

• 1Like

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Also in p3 you have to sickness grahdens at least every 3 turns or he gives you a bb drain (not lethal or anything, but its annoying). when they're doing their 50% special stuff, you have to give sickness to both of them, and deal 50,000 damage every round. if done correctly it cancels their specials. if you do it wrong, you get leaderskill locked and they use their ultimates, which is probably what's killing you in p3. also never use UBB in round 3 except during their 50% special event, or else owen buffwipes then nukes you (also usually leading to a wipe). finally, never use items while owen is alive except on rounds that "owen is in deep meditation" or else.... yep, buff wipe and nuke.

• 1Like

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
Thanks Guys :)

Got my Medblare (very happy about that)

Finished two trials today......ran into some awkward situations with my exp when I was close to levels, had to burn some, got temporarily obsessed with getting that trial done as soon as I gained access to it and tried it once.

Also just got my first +20% All Stats from the event after something like 26 Attempts from a Zelnite....got an Emgif the same run. Having shitty luck on +stat elgifs overall. Some > what I had though, so I guess I'm happy about that too....still grinding out more, not decided how many I'm gonna do. Really want to get something decent/nice for each of my main Trial units......stuff for Arena/Colosseum and Secondary units will just be a bonus.

Will be curious how you guys are doing with the event by the time this is all over. I wish us all the Best of Luck with it.

• 1Like

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haven't even been able to read up on the event, and I don't even know what sphere you're talking about :p

Slept for 15 hours, went to work and felt like a zombie all day. I guess that's what sleep deprivation and resultant oversleep does, and it's interfered with my progress.

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
....Three Trials....

....and a small bit of redemption. I went into Tilith's Trial completely blind, and defeated it on my first try. (Full Disclosure, I needed all 3 groups to do it lol), ....which means the Trial is probably the easiest one I hadn't touched yet, but I'm still damn happy to have finished it blind on my first attempt after being Vexed by the other Trial earlier.

Haven't even been able to read up on the event.

I was referring to the Level 10 Elgif Dungeon.....(Not sure if you were around for the last one, I wasn't).....this time it coincides with the 1/2 Energy Vortex event, so its 50 energy a pop instead of 100....

Event is a freakin' Vending Machine for Elgifs.... Although I've run into some bad-luck stretches, overall the rates are pretty nice. You pour Energy and Gems into it, and Elgifs fall out, Minimum 4-star from the level 10 Dungeon.

Since I posted last I've gotten a 20% All Stats (Lord only restriction), 20% All Stats (Dark only restriction), and a +30% HP/ATK, which is pretty darn nice to have too. Numerous other Elgifs from ranging from pretty nice to craptastic.....Overall extremely worth it. I've poured numerous gems into it today to reload energy, but I don't regret it at all - I've needed some good Elgifs....these things will help a ton going forward.

You still have time - it will be up for a few more days. I expect you won't want to miss it though, once you get rested up a bit ;)

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, sirius has tribuff (140 vs atro's 150). So I'll keep that on I think.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I need to clear out my elgif stock. I have like 35+ elgifs sitting in my unit inventory saved because they're "decent" but not worth actually using on my core units. Stuff like +100% crit damage, or +25% OD fill, or +50% rec, etc. Eventually I'm going to just flush the whole stock in the merit tradein shop, and probably regret it the next day, but I don't see myself using anything under +20 to all, or +30 to 2 on anyone that goes to relevant content anytime soon.

This elgif dungeon has been decent so far. Lot of trash I cashed in, but I've gotten a 50% atk @ full health (gave to a mifune) and a 15% to all that have been worth saving. I've also saved some midrange stuff like more +crit damage elgifs....

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Luck has been abysmal. Leveled up, so I've had 11 runs today. Only 1 non-elgif boss, and only 2 drops. (Both trash) I can't gem this garbage

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
Luck has been abysmal. Leveled up, so I've had 11 runs today. Only 1 non-elgif boss, and only 2 drops. (Both trash) I can't gem this garbage

Yikes.

My worst stretch was 2 for 8, but I ended up getting some worthwhile stuff shortly after. I've gone huge stretches without any Non-Elgif bosses....after a while I kinda hate to see that little furry tablet weildin' fugger walk out.

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
Ok, since I seem to be the only one really going apeshit over this event, I'll go ahead and post my Day 1 statistics....even the ugly parts o_O

Total Gems Spent: 13
Total Attempts: 71
Total Elgifs Acquired: 41
Elgif acquisition rate: 57.7%

Total number of +Stat Elgifs only (Any Stats): 13
Acquisition rate of +Stat Elgifs: 18.3%

Best Stat Elgifs included: +20% All Stats, +30% HP/ATK and +40% HP

Total number of Non-Stat Elgifs: 28
Acquisition Rate of Non-Stat Elgifs: 31.7%

Total Deaths: 2
Reasons for Deaths: Idiocy and over-reliance on Auto-Attack resulting in not paying enough attention
Deaths that could be prevented by limiting Idiocy: 100.00%
(Note: Both deaths were to the rare appearance of Grahdens)

Total Number of Non-Elgif Boss appearances: 12
Zelnite: 2
Grahdens: 6
Owen: 4
Non-Elgif Boss Appearance rate: 16.9%

Best (most lucky) stretch ever: 4 consecutive +Stat Elgifs from attempts #59-#62
Worst Stretch: 2 of 8, with both Elgifs of the non-stat variety

Total Regrets: 0

I wasn't keeping track of Burst Emps, Imp Artons and Emgifs, but just guessing, I'd estimate 5-6 Burst Emps....3-4 Imp Artons, and 3'ish Emgifs or so.

Also, just for reference: In terms of Gems Spent, I was approaching this the same way I would the Summons Gates for Units.....I once dropped over 50+ Summons for 7-star Krantz over the course of several months and NEVER got him (until the UoC).....now that is some regretful gem spending - a LOT of gems. 13 gems was a pittance in comparison. I'd been getting gems from Trials,/ GQ's etc, and another dozen gems from the most recent FH etc.....I have gems on hand to spend, and right now, getting a proper stock of Elgifs looked to be the most beneficial use of them.

Day 2 has been slower....I've spent only 3 gems today, and will likely continue at a similarly reduced pace until the event ends.

Goals: +Stat Elgif that includes at least some +HP for all core units (any units being used for Trials/GQ's/FH etc), Colosseum units will get any interesting leavings.....hoping to have at least a few good Elgifs leftover for OE Zelnite 2x OE Rize and sometime in the distant future, my own OE Ark and OE Zenia who apparently is getting an Omni at some point but I've heard no whisper as to how far off that still is.

Non-Stat Elgif I still want the most and have never seen: +1 Hits Elgif for Mifune to wreck shit on a whole 'nother level in the Colosseum.

One other interesting note: Including Day 2, I am over 90+ total attempts, and I have had ZERO Elgifs above 5-stars. Starting to think that the 6-7 star Elgif stuff is utter horseshit.....They don't exist and don't let anyone tell you any different :p

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm of two minds regarding the event. On one hand, your logic is sound - it is a decent gem investment, at least compared to blowing 50 gems for a unit. On the other, I wanna be ready for the next round of limited exclusive bullshit. Never know what we'll get - another Zeruiah or another Iori, but the former is worth preparing for.

I've been spending all my energy on it, though, as it replenishes. Only elgif of note is 20% all stats to dark units x 2.

On a side note, I don't really like the elgif system. More customization is always appreciated, but I feel like it sorta wrecks the balance of the game. Either they tune shit for units having good elgifs, or they don't. Regardless, balance is thrown off.

• 1Like

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
I'm of two minds regarding the event. On one hand, your logic is sound - it is a decent gem investment, at least compared to blowing 50 gems for a unit. On the other, I wanna be ready for the next round of limited exclusive bullshit. Never know what we'll get - another Zeruiah or another Iori, but the former is worth preparing for.

Man, you are not wrong. ....and you just had to mention Zeruiah didn't you? LOL, sore spot!.....I missed Zeruiah because she dropped on the tail-end of me pouring every resource I had into trying to get Krantz.....I was so tapped out when she dropped, I couldn't even think about it.

Right now though, I have a solid group I think....there are of course other characters out that would benefit me, but none that would revolutionize my lineup really. ...that and the only decent Elgifs I have are on my friend-helper characters LOL, everybody else, even in my main group are using shit like +10% REC LOL...no joke.

You are right though, it is a gamble on my part. Gumi is almost sure to announce a new LE that is obnoxiously nice before too much longer. Not sure how well positioned I'll be when that day comes, but I'm considering my current Elgif spending to be a one-time thing.....The nicer Elgifs I get now will be able to follow my characters around for a while even as my squad changes. By the time I'm done, I'm hoping that my go-to squad at a minimum will have at least a +20% All Stats across the board from now until the end of time. Permanent upgrade!

• 1Like