Breaking Bad

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, 52 minutes is fine. Any confrontation with the nazis is going to be short and brutal, however he goes about it. I assume they'll pick up from the moment he leaves his house with the ricin. That leaves him the nazis, a couple of loose ends to tie up, and then either blaze of glory or turn himself in.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Yeah but I was sort of banking on WW in hiding making contact with Saul, and Saul having info on Jesse. Still possible he finds out about him first somehow, but I'm not real clear how at this point. Short of somehow getting in contact with Lydia or Meth Damon.
Walt knows Jesse is still alive because of the Grey Matter interview. They mention that the blue meth is still out there. When Gail was cooking he mentions that he can replicate the purity of Walt's meth, but can't get the blue color. The only two people out there who can make pure blue meth are Walt and Jesse.

Whether he is going in to save or to kill Jesse along with the Nazi's is another matter.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Walt knows Jesse is still alive because of the Grey Matter interview. They mention that the blue meth is still out there. When Gail was cooking he mentions that he can replicate the purity of Walt's meth, but can't get the blue color. The only two people out there who can make pure blue meth are Walt and Jesse.

Whether he is going in to save or to kill Jesse along with the Nazi's is another matter.
They didn't say how blue it was. They didn't say "pure blue".

Come on now you guys are making these giant leaps.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
You don't think Walt (in his state) would connect the dots from blue meth being out there to Jesse being alive? Doesn't seem like much of a leap to me.

Also, iirc they called it "Heisenberg" meth or something along those lines didn't they? (Implying it is the same as his)

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I think it was pretty clearly stated to let Walt know someone is cooking at "Heisenberg levels" as Lydia put it. I think he knows what's up.

So he'll soon see that not only did the Nazis steal most of his money, they are forcing Jesse to continue to cook. Things are moving along fine without him.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You don't think Walt (in his state) would connect the dots from blue meth being out there to Jesse being alive? Doesn't seem like much of a leap to me.
No because there is still blue meth out there. The meth being out there doesn't matter to him at this point. He is weak and barely able to do anything, he knows he is barely alive and he needs to do some final things before he dies and stopping blue meth doesn't matter to him. Killing nazi's does. He isn't going there because of the meth. You saw the transformation of his attitude before the meth was mentioned also, did you not? I need to rewatch the interview portion again to make sure but I am pretty sure I remembered them interviewing them, him getting all weird, then towards the end of the interview they said something along the lines of him being still out there cause they are still seeing blue meth on the streets. Notice the key word still so it isn't new. Then they ask if they think he's alive and she talks about the man Walter White is no longer alive and that is when he finally makes a decision. Nowhere was there room to care about the meth.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Grim needed a way for Walt to learn that Jesse was still alive so his prediction has a chance to come true so he doesn't lose an avatar bet, and he thought that chance died when Saul didn't clue him in.

I'm pointing out there is still hope because Walt can make the connection that Jesse is still alive via the interview when they mention the 'Heisenberg' meth still being in circulation.

That is all that I am trying to get at here.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
No because there is still blue meth out there. The meth being out there doesn't matter to him at this point. He is weak and barely able to do anything, he knows he is barely alive and he needs to do some final things before he dies and stopping blue meth doesn't matter to him. Killing nazi's does. He isn't going there because of the meth. You saw the transformation of his attitude before the meth was mentioned also, did you not? I need to rewatch the interview portion again to make sure but I am pretty sure I remembered them interviewing them, him getting all weird, then towards the end of the interview they said something along the lines of him being still out there cause they are still seeing blue meth on the streets. Notice the key word still so it isn't new. Then they ask if they think he's alive and she talks about the man Walter White is no longer alive and that is when he finally makes a decision. Nowhere was there room to care about the meth.
It's more likely that he is going back because of the blue meth but only because he doesn't want his name associated with it any longer. He wants Walt Jr to know that he actually stopped and isn't continuing to be the horrible person he's been.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Walt left Lydia with, in his words, a viable operation. The blue color is a side effect of using the methylamine, nothing special that Walt did. It stands to reason that after months of cooks the Nazis would be able to bring their levels up to achieve the blue color. That alone is not enough information for Walt to assume that Jesse is still alive.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It's more likely that he is going back because of the blue meth but only because he doesn't want his name associated with it any longer. He wants Walt Jr to know that he actually stopped and isn't continuing to be the horrible person he's been.
That spoiler picture disagrees with you.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Walt left Lydia with, in his words, a viable operation. The blue color is a side effect of using the methylamine, nothing special that Walt did. It stands to reason that after months of cooks the Nazis would be able to bring their levels up to achieve the blue color. That alone is not enough information for Walt to assume that Jesse is still alive.
Except the Nazi's were extorting Walt to come back to cook because they couldn't get their levels up to Heisenberg quality. Someone had to help them get better and Walt knows it wasn't him.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
walt was referring to the purity level, not the color.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Didn't it just show him walking away from the Gray Matter peoples' house? Not sure how that's relevant?
Meaning that interview triggered something in him with gray matter. If it was all about the meth he wouldn't have time to make stops along the way AND we wouldn't have enough time in the last episode to explore two different plotlines like that. We are in crunch time and there can't be too many extraneous rabbit trails here.

foddon

Meaning that interview triggered something in him with gray matter. If it was all about the meth he wouldn't have time to make stops along the way AND we wouldn't have enough time in the last episode to explore two different plotlines like that. We are in crunch time and there can't be too many extraneous rabbit trails here.
My thought on that was seeing them made Walt realize there was another way to take care of his family without drug money being involved. He hatched a plan to blackmail them into taking care of his family and then he's free to take care of the Nazis and die. Remember, this happened right after Walt Jr told him to stick his money up his ass so he would've been trying to think of any other last ditch options at the time.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
My thought on that was seeing them made Walt realize there was another way to take care of his family without drug money being involved. He hatched a plan to blackmail them into taking care of his family and then he's free to take care of the Nazis and die. Remember, this happened right after Walt Jr told him to stick his money up his ass so he would've been trying to think of any other last ditch options at the time.
Didn't Gilligan state that he was ready to give up and be arrested until he watched the Gray Matter (Elliot/Gretchen) Interview?

foddon

Not sure what VG said but yeah it definitely seemed that way. In my theory the plan didn't dawn on him until he saw them on tv (which kind of goes against what I said about him going back due to the blue meth but I think he's going back for both after seeing the interview).

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Not sure what VG said but yeah it definitely seemed that way. In my theory the plan didn't dawn on him until he saw them on tv (which kind of goes against what I said about him going back due to the blue meth but I think he's going back for both after seeing the interview).
Yeah and my opinion is that Jesse is coincidental in his rage induced go out with a bang and take the nazi's with him rampage.

They both have merits, I think mine works better because of there being one episode left.

Your theory is the better theory, if we had more episodes left.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, time for me to finally think about this a bit.

Prediction: The series ends.
Walt: Walt is going to end up living. We've spent every season thus far leading up to his death, so I think the big monkey wrench will be that he lives just to see how much destruction he's brought on his family.
Jesse: Jesse will end up dead. I'm thinking that Walt will do it himself, but not 100% sure on that one. Everyone thinks the Ricin is for Walt to commit suicide with, but maybe he somehow uses it on Jesse.
Skylar: As much as we hope she'll die, she's going to stay alive. If nothing else, just to raise the kids. She "might" get linked to Laundering Walt's money in some way, and maybe end up in jail herself. Another thing we wouldn't expect.
Walt Jr: He's a moody teen and I honestly don't care what happens to him. He won't forgive his father, because ultimately he is a bad guy.

Marie: She's going to end up with nothing. Maybe with Hank being dead, she'll get his pension, and get hooked on the blue meth just to cope with his death.
Todd: I think that Todd will end up being killed by Jesse in some way, but I hope he survives. He's a creep, but I like him for it.
Lydia: Lydia is going to go after Skylar again. Todd is going to refuse, so she'll reach out to someone else. Somehow Walt will hear about this and take her out.
Jack: He'll die. I think that he's going to force Todd to do something (maybe Jack will be involved with Lydia trying to kill Skylar), and he'll end up getting killed for it. Hopefully by Todd himself.
Gretchen: I think the episode is going to end at Elliot & Gretchen's house. Walt goes there to confront them and get some form of redemption in the process. Maybe he tells them the only reason he turned to this route is because he left the company and feels he had wasted his life in the process.
Elliot: See above.