Breaking Bad

Chris

Potato del Grande
The bedroom door in the abandoned house had been battered down and part of the kitchen floor had been taken up? Something is going to go down there.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Only if Hank took the bug off, downloaded the data, and then replaced it. Walt has the bug now, so he might still have all the data too. Remember, it's only been a week.

Episode was awesome, but I'm not looking forward to mopey Jesse again, we had that shit already. And Skyler almost made it a whole episode without being annoying! Flexing in front of Lydia was a mistake because now Lydia knows Skyler's involved too.
That's not how gps tracking works. They were able to follow Gus around without having to remove and replace the bug every day

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Judging from the "No Trespassing" signs posted on the property, it looks like Walt's house has been seized by the city and not the bank that holds the mortgage on it. That implies it was taken in a drug bust instead of just being abandoned by Walt and his family going into hiding. There would have been a lot of local publicity around that, so vandals could have spray painted Heisenberg on the wall. The neighbor's reaction leads me to believe that Walt faked his death at some point as well, to get the cops and/or other drug lords off of his trail. If that's the case though, what be would his reason for resurfacing there just to retrieve the vial of ricin? He could always make more if he needed it so badly and no one would have ever found the old vial. Maybe he's accepted his fate and knows he's about to embark on something that will lead to him dying one way or the other and just said "fuck it".
I think there's going to be more to it than just a drug raid. Those things happen every day don't generally get a lot of attention by themselves

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
while we don't know for sure its probably Todd cooking meth for Lydia now - in season 5 he studied under Walt for months, took tons of notes, and has his Aryan Brotherhood Uncle as his partner. He also met Lydia. It wouldn't make much sense for Lydia to get meth from Arizona, sinc Walt never taught those guys how to cook his meth. Its just Todd sucks at cooking meth.
The dudes in Arizona were already cooking crappy meth when Walt met them. Now that Walt is gone they went back to cooking their substandard meth and sell it to Lydia. The 67% Lydia was talking about was the purity of the meth, a number which is similar to the purity level Walt said when he first met them. It is a simpler solution for the people who were already making meth to go back to making it than for Todd to keep up the pest control meth lab.

2Mlqexx.gif

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's not how gps tracking works. They were able to follow Gus around without having to remove and replace the bug every day
No they didn't. Watch the episodes again. Walt had to place the bug and then get it back later in order to get Gus' movements.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Then I stand corrected. That's actually pretty dumb, though. There's no reason they shouldn't be able to track it remotely

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Curious tangent: how is realtime tracking handled without making such a thing a burden on the battery?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Quick google search found a commercially available one that supposedly lasts 6 months. I'm guessing that because it's only tracking the vehicle's location and nothing else like google maps, display, etc. that it's only using a very small amount of battery. I also don't think it's "real time" like if you were getting navigated somewhere, but maybe every 5-10 minutes it updates.

Hey mates,

The Blu Ray that it out for Season 5 is that just the 1st half, I would assume?
Are they going to name the 2nd half of the season Season 6 when it comes on Blu Ray?

spronk

FPS noob
Officially its the first half of season 5 and currently the second half is airing. Most likely you will see a second half bluray hit soon after the show wraps up, and then next year you will see a full season 5 bluray, followed soon by a Breaking Bad Collectors Mega Edition with all 5 seasons and new extras and shit.

Btw the GPS tracker is really sold on skymall, the more expensive one ($300) does real time tracking. Remember too this show is supposed to be set a few years ago now and while 5 years have passed in real life only 1.5 or so have passed in the show, so tech is gonna be a bit more... old
http://www.skymall.com/shopping/deta...d=102182781&c=

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Then I stand corrected. That's actually pretty dumb, though. There's no reason they shouldn't be able to track it remotely
Yeah, that's not how it works. In the business I own, I have real time tracking of all of my trucks, vehicles and equipment by satellite, and get a map of my where they are. I can tell where my vehicles are to the second, and use my iphone to tell where they are as they drive.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, that's not how it works. In the business I own, I have real time tracking of all of my trucks, vehicles and equipment by satellite, and get a map of my where they are. I can tell where my vehicles are to the second, and use my iphone to tell where they are as they drive.
That's wired into the electrical of your trucks though, right? Or at least powered by a cigarette lighter. A battery GPS would severely limit that.

Hell, I participated in a research study last summer that used GPS devices which required downloads, and those plugged in. It kept accurate info on where I was, but you had to export it via USB every couple of weeks, and it could also fill up quickly.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
unreported income is not as big a deal as drug kingpin. at best walt gets a big fine from the IRS for not reporting his 'gambling' winnings and pays it off.
As mentioned already, Al Capone. Most organized crime that get caught are put in prison for felony tax evasion at the max penalty, because that's all they can get. They do have a good cover, since it's pretty hard to track how much cash runs through a car wash and tickets can be faked.

fris

Vyemm Raider
are new episodes streamed anywhere legal? Or should I assume i'll get the 2nd half of season 5 on Netflixs sometimes after the last episode airs...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
while we don't know for sure its probably Todd cooking meth for Lydia now - in season 5 he studied under Walt for months, took tons of notes, and has his Aryan Brotherhood Uncle as his partner. He also met Lydia. It wouldn't make much sense for Lydia to get meth from Arizona, sinc Walt never taught those guys how to cook his meth. Its just Todd sucks at cooking meth.

One interesting thing too is that we just assume Walt is on the run and comes back for revenge, but there is also the possibility Walt fakes his own death and comes back for reasons unknown. His neighbor seeing him and being in shock could just be "a ghost!" reaction instead of fear. Walt also has a bagful of money, not something you'd expect if he was in hiding. He also has a full set of hair, which implies his cancer is gone. Perhaps he is going to fake his own death via cancer, which parallels Gus eating poison and throwing it up just like Walt did with his cancer medication/IV/etc, Walt even does the whole towel-before-kneel thing. The spray painted Heisenberg is interesting too, because most people won't know or care who Heisenberg is so why is that painted in his house... by him before he left?

Chekov's Gun is a famous play/movie thing too, basically if you show an item use it before things end (not Star Trek chekov, a playwriter chekov). Dunno if that was a sly reference by the writers or what it would be referencing though.
i was actually sitting on the crapper this morning and the idea hit me that carol was shocked to see walt because she thought he was dead and not because she thinks hes the Tony Montana of Albuquerque . when we see him later on i also think that ricin is for himself.

As mentioned already, Al Capone. Most organized crime that get caught are put in prison for felony tax evasion at the max penalty, because that's all they can get. They do have a good cover, since it's pretty hard to track how much cash runs through a car wash and tickets can be faked.
and it takes a really long time to prove such and prosecute and then with appeals and sentencing hearings. it could be 5 years before he would see the inside of a jail cell.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That's wired into the electrical of your trucks though, right? Or at least powered by a cigarette lighter. A battery GPS would severely limit that.

Hell, I participated in a research study last summer that used GPS devices which required downloads, and those plugged in. It kept accurate info on where I was, but you had to export it via USB every couple of weeks, and it could also fill up quickly.
These merely send our a signal every 5-10 minutes of where you are. They don't need to save all the information and don't need mayo information either. All that stuff is taken care of on the receivers end. I guess they could go with some budget reasoning or that Hank had to use something outdated/his own because he wasn't supposed to be tracking Gus or Walt and wouldn't be able to justify checking out the equipment.

You can look around online and find plenty of battery powered "real time" gps that can last for weeks and even months

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
These merely send our a signal every 5-10 minutes of where you are. They don't need to save all the information and don't need mayo information either. All that stuff is taken care of on the receivers end. I guess they could go with some budget reasoning or that Hank had to use something outdated/his own because he wasn't supposed to be tracking Gus or Walt and wouldn't be able to justify checking out the equipment.

You can look around online and find plenty of battery powered "real time" gps that can last for weeks and even months
did they have those in 2010 or whenever this takes place?