Breaking Bad

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
The Whatwhat has spoken.

Seriously though, you dumb fucks should be focusing on the "why" things played out like they did, rather than, "HANK, Y U NO DEADZ? DAT WUZ BIG GUN!!"
Everyone asked "why", they thought the method of getting there, whatever the answer to why might be, was fucking stupid. If you wanted Hank to live to the next episode, then it should have been shot in a way that wasn't completely idiotic (Like Hank being closer to the car at the start). If you wanted more drama for his death, then the gun fight should have ended on the first shot and started again next episode.

The "why" isn't relevant when the method of getting to that aspect of the story is stupid and breaks the internal logic/immersion of the show. This is why poorly written shows do NOT do well, all they are concerned with is the "why", like some myopic assholes that don't understand the best part of a story is the journey and NOT where it ends. Do you understand that "durr who cares, da real thang will be how it endz"! Getting to where the writers want to go, in a way that maintains the overall narrative and maintains immersion is the craft of film production--it's what we grade ALL films on, whether you realize it or not.

You're essentially advocating for the George Lucas/M Knight Shamadong school of film writing. "Who cares what happens, what matters is getting to the next plot point in the most expedient way possible!" It's that kind of thinking that produces shows like The Dome, and other ham fisted, terrible, pieces of shit that slog from one poorly written scene to the next hoping to reveal the next big "twist" that some writer just wants on the screen.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on September 02, 2013 (Order# ###-#######-#######):

Bryan Cranston "Breaking Bad: The Final Season (+UltraViolet Digital Copy) [Blu-ray]"
Estimated arrival date: November 26, 2013

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Not sure if I like Better Call Saul being a prequel. I guess they could work some of the backstory in about how he got hooked up with Fring & Co, but the impression I get is that is not what they want to do.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It doesn't have to have shit to do with Breaking Bad aside from it starring Saul.

Saul rules and I want to watch him go around being the scumbag he is.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd rather see it as a sequel.
If it was going to be a sequel they wouldn't have announced it yet. AMC has their priorities.

SPEAKING OF PRIORITIES!!!

mbLVuAg.jpg

That segue was smoother than your mom's back after I make her wax.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure if I like Better Call Saul being a prequel. I guess they could work some of the backstory in about how he got hooked up with Fring & Co, but the impression I get is that is not what they want to do.
I think one of the advantages they have with it is they've barely gone into Saul's backstory at all. He mostly just serves as a bit of comic relief and takes care of the legal side of things when the plot calls for it. That gives them a lot of flexibility to fill in details as they please without having to worry too much with contradicting the established lore.

They could even have Huell and Kuby in it without too much trouble, I'd think. Though, one thing I never like about prequels is when you know certain characters are going to make it out (as proven by Breaking Bad), it really reduces a lot of the drama in certain situations.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Maybe the guy playing Gomie is really a genius and his character is supposed to be some introverted sociopath and that's why he's so obviously faking every emotion.
Nah, most (white) people probably don't recognize the New Mexico accent. A lot of people there actually just talk like that. In fact, he's a really good actor for getting the accent and mannerisms of those people down.

iannis

Musty Nester
The problem with Saul is that while he's entertaining enough as a support character... are you really going to make a show about an ambulance chasing semi-connected shitbag of a lawyer?

It's just not that interesting. Every scene will be a Skylar scene that ends with Saul spouting out some goofy one liner. They're going to lose their audience in a season.

Gus spinoff/prequel... now that would have been the shit. Better Call Saul? It's gonna be like Night Court. MR PLINKETT WILL LOVE IT!

Talos

yeah dude, us crackers only recognize bad acting from other crackers
You wouldn't call it bad acting if you were aware of how some people from New Mexico speak. My comment has nothing to do with the ability of white people to detect bad acting and everything to do with the likelihood of said people's ability to recognize said accent. Even setting that aside, his acting isn't that bad. For a side character with only a few lines he does his part well enough.

Talos

The problem with Saul is that while he's entertaining enough as a support character... are you really going to make a show about an ambulance chasing semi-connected shitbag of a lawyer?

It's just not that interesting. Every scene will be a Skylar scene that ends with Saul spouting out some goofy one liner. They're going to lose their audience in a season.

Gus spinoff/prequel... now that would have been the shit. Better Call Saul? It's gonna be like Night Court. MR PLINKETT WILL LOVE IT!
Fuck yeah. Even though I think a show about Saul could be entertaining, a Gus spinoff would be much, much better. Gus is just a more interesting character and his background is probably more exciting. I would like to find out what Don Eladio meant at the pool scene.

Szlia

The Whatwhat has spoken.

Seriously though, you dumb fucks should be focusing on the "why" things played out like they did, rather than, "HANK, Y U NO DEADZ? DAT WUZ BIG GUN!!"

-Why would they show the Nazi looking down the scopes of their gun, cutting to Jesse in the car, then back to the Nazi with a "hmm" look on his face?
-Why would they film a shootout at the OK Corral gun fight, where nobody gets clipped?
-Why would they clearly show the Nazi's have little regard for Walt by firing right through his vehicle to get the Cops?
-Why would they purposely write and film to end the episode shortly after the bullets start to fly? (Confirmed by Michelle MacLaren and Dean Norris this week in interviews)
-Why would they keep Hank and Gomi alive, going in to next episode?

So instead of trying to figure out whether or not they had the correct calibur of gun to penetrate an engine block, maybe you should wonder how they are going to use Hank. Because they clearly have better ideas than for him to just get is bald dome blown off in a gun fight.

This isn't Lost. Things actually happen for a reason.
Are you saying Pinkman is dead?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Nah, most (white) people probably don't recognize the New Mexico accent. A lot of people there actually just talk like that. In fact, he's a really good actor for getting the accent and mannerisms of those people down.
I grew up in Albuquerque. His accent is on the mark, his acting is bad.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Of course his accent is on the mark, he grew up and still lives there i'm pretty sure lol.
But yes, his acting is awful =p